Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Good thing is that if it all goes wrong we can all blame @JamesSeed

Was just thinking this. If a sale doesn't happen in the next few weeks the usual protest crowd outside the West Stand will have surrounded his house calling for his head. And there would be no heavy-handed security to stop us this time
  • Options
    Great work @JamesSeed. How good would it be to go into June with new owners
  • Options
    Just a question really. Why is Roland still pushing the line that there are still two groups in the running ? Surely he would know and what purpose to lie about it ?
  • Options
    I have no idea and this really surprised me. Maybe it’s because there are still two people in the running until everything is absolutely final and money has been paid for the frontrunner.

Interesting that Duchâtelet thinks Murray is a ‘super guy’.
  • Options

I have no idea and this really surprised me. Maybe it’s because there are still two people in the running until everything is absolutely final and money has been paid for the frontrunner.

Not really surprising when he's only there to add a yes Roland no Roland three bags full Roland.
  • Options

Perhaps he was actually taking about Andy Murray
  • Options
    Great work, @JamesSeed. Charlton fans on a roll. Trying not to get over-excited at the potential of club and fans working in harmony again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Many a true word spoken in jest. I hope my positivity hasn't been OTT. I'm only reporting what was said and the impression I received. Come back to me in a couple of years if it all goes horribly wrong!
  • Options

Was just thinking this. If a sale doesn't happen in the next few weeks the usual protest crowd outside the West Stand will have surrounded his house calling for his head. And there would be no heavy-handed security to stop us this time
    My head!? Aaaaagh!
  • Options

The Clapham 20
    Ah, I don't live in Clapham ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Just a question really. Why is Roland still pushing the line that there are still two groups in the running ? Surely he would know and what purpose to lie about it ?

Maybe there are. Maybe it's a race for the line. We didn't talk about other bidders.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The Clapham 20
    Balham then! ( Clapham wannabe )
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

The Clapham 20
    I know where you live... :-)
    So if anyone turns up for raspberry fool I'll know how they found me!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

JamesSeed said:

The Clapham 20
    Balham then! ( Clapham wannabe )
    Nor Balham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Morning folks. I survived the dinner party, although Mrs D wasn't too pleased with my late arrival. She had to delay our guests, but I just about got the food ready thirty minutes later than planned. I was also a bit knackered after cycling 106kms as training for the Prostate Cancer UK ride on first of June.
    So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

I'm interested in the dinner party menu so if you can include that as well, I'm sick to death of all the pot noodle and pizza chat and want to hear about something a bit more sophisticated.
    No pot noodles on this occasion, although we do like to keep a pot handy for emergencies.

I made sweet potato and chorizo soup the day before (just as well), and the main course featured a Waitrose cheat: Whole boned chicken with a sunblush tomato marinade. Served that with roast potatoes, baby carrots and French beans. Nothing very fancy I'm afraid.
    While I was speaking with someone who's cousin met someone connected to the consortium, my wife was busy making raspberry fool and a very nice blueberry cheesecake type thing. Luckily enough some friends found five bottles of Pol Roget in their basement while having a clearout.
    During the dinner I got into trouble when I was caught looking at my phone.
    I've worked hard today to make up for being late. I've now been allowed out of the doghouse.

We've got some raspberry fool left if anyone wants to try some?
    I hope we don't all feel raspberry fools if this goes wrong. Thanks for the updates JamesSeed and apologise to your wife, who should know by now that at a time like this, when you are married to a Charlton supporter, nothing (well almost) else matters
  • Options
    Battersea.
  • Options
    Cla'ham
  • Options

It will be so so Charlton for the Aussies to fall at the very last hurdle and we get the mystery group winning out. Whoever they are.

I'm seriously starting to think that Roland is referring to the official bid to buy the Club I made back in September.

I can confirm that it was nowhere near £77m, but it did include a bonus clause of the provision of a family pack of Curly Wurlies upon completion.

• Options

It will be so so Charlton for the Aussies to fall at the very last hurdle and we get the mystery group winning out. Whoever they are.

What better way for Roland to spur a sale on, and a price, then mentioning a mystery 2nd bid for the club. Thanks for the update James Seed, I think were all be happy supporters if the Aussies do as they say. Learning new languages is damn hard, just tried "G'day Sport" on my grandaughter, got the look of Grandad's lost it.
  • Options
    Mal said:

What better way for Roland to spur a sale on, and a price, then mentioning a mystery 2nd bid for the club. Thanks for the update James Seed, I think were all be happy supporters if the Aussies do as they say. Learning new languages is damn hard, just tried "G'day Sport" on my grandaughter, got the look of Grandad's lost it.
    Ah, that's because you should've said 'G'day Sheila' :wink: .
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I think it's two fundamental traits of being pathological liar, either - believing the BS that you have been coming out with, so sticking with it /or/ continuing to lie, even though you know that everyone else knows you're talking out of you arse.
  • Options

I think he actually said “super spy”.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!