Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Mrkinski said:

I can't stand it....

What, the rain (against your window?)
    Well that as well, obvs.
  • Options

Just got home and read through over 200 posts.
    I'd like to make a couple of observation 's.

Firstly in all forms of sports be they cricket football rugby or whatever I have never ever heard of an owner of a club who says winning is not important.
    Apart from Roland

I have never heard of an owner call his own supporters vinegar pissers.
    Apart from Roland.

I have never heard of a ceo call her supporters customers apart from Katie.

I have never heard a ceo of a major sports club tell their supporters if they don't like the brand go somewhere else apart from Katie.

So when some of our supporters question that we could get someone worse I find it quite silly.to get someone worse would be highly unlikely in my opinion.

Secondly regarding KR I very much doubt that new owners would just show up and sack him they would take into account where we are in the league and judge him accordingly.

So for me I want a takeover to happen as soon as possible the chances of getting worse owners than we have now is remote and I can't wait for it to happen.

I would be careful what you say about Katie if I were you. Cabbles is in Timpsons as I type this getting her a front door key cut now they are an item.

Slagging her off could get you banned from this site.
    Don't worry about piddles as we talk he is being replaced by Ibborg
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Firstly in all forms of sports be they cricket football rugby or whatever I have never ever heard of an owner of a club who says winning is not important.
    Apart from Roland

Apart from Roland.

I have never heard a ceo of a major sports club tell their supporters if they don't like the brand go somewhere else apart from Katie.

So when some of our supporters question that we could get someone worse I find it quite silly.to get someone worse would be highly unlikely in my opinion.

Secondly regarding KR I very much doubt that new owners would just show up and sack him they would take into account where we are in the league and judge him accordingly.

So for me I want a takeover to happen as soon as possible the chances of getting worse owners than we have now is remote and I can't wait for it to happen.

Coventry, orient and blackpool have or have had far worse owners in recent memory. That's not in any way to brush over the utter fuckwittery this ownership has bestowed on this club particularly in the first 2 seasons but now days it's a very real possibility other owners through sheer incompetence, mismanagement, miscalculation or lack of real funds etc could land us in far worse waters than when we currently are.

I don't want these owners here I want owners with football ambition that can run the club as a going concern and won't disintegrate intentionally or otherwise the soul and spirit of our club. Probably what every football fan of every club hopes for at every takeover but as is more and more evident these days they appear very thin on the ground.

Until it's evident that a new takeover will be better or even less worse than this mob then I don't think it's silly to exercise caution and hesitating to join in the premature message board jizzathon.
    You're right.

(Looks for "it's happening" gif. )
  • Options
    Is it the end of a working week or seven day week that this take over will happen just for the record.
  • Options

Is it the end of a working week or seven day week that this take over will happen just for the record.

Neither
  • Options

Where our new owner is from a week is 10 days.
  • Options
    LOOK, i hope Duchatelet hits the frog and toad for 3blokes sake.

LOOK, there are only so many pins you can stick in an effigy before you feel a prick yourself.

LOOK, after they have a Captain Cook, we need plenty of Oxford scholar to take our club forward.

LOOK, We need someone who is big down under.

LOOK, this needs to be fair dinkum as 1385 days and oh fuck the count goes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard that Mrs Parkes is changing her name to Sheila.
    It's happening.
  • Options

Apart from Roland

Apart from Roland.

I would be careful what you say about Katie if I were you. Cabbles is in Timpsons as I type this getting her a front door key cut now they are an item.

Slagging her off could get you banned from this site.
    I heard it was a back door key
  • Options

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    You're jealous of Leyton Orient ? Wow.
    I know, didn't think the day would come but they are at least a club united.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Where our new owner is from a week is 10 days.
    Revolutionary France?

I'm reasonably sure that one of the major factors that did for them, and hastened the move towards the Napoleonic era, was an attempt to decimalise the calendar (unlike the Terror, which was just youthful exuberance).
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

ross1 said:

When Theresa May started talking to Australia about trade deals after Brexit, I never dreamed we could be involved

I was just wondering whether Brexit helps us in this instance... I have no idea how it would, but it's be nice if some good news came of Brexit.
    So, if the new owner was....

Jean Claude Juncker?????

Could be the talks are held up until he gets enough for operating expenses.

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Crusty54 said:

How many Aussie born players would be allowed to play in England? Financial Fair Play also means a new owner could only spend a very limited amount on players.

Is FFP actually still a thing? It doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else.
    It still applies on player wages
    http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
  • Options
    Sorry everybody ... just spotted the typo . It should be 'Takeover Impotent' . . Now about that gate...
  • Options
    Ok so by now I expected Flaggy back on the website with a few lines explaining Roly's commitment to the club etc. The lack of a statement is a good sign, if one appears the sale has fallen through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I want to know RD has spent over £55m and we are a league one club.What would I new owner need to spend to get us to the premiership? . £100m also how would they ever get there money back?.Also to stay in the prembership £70m at least per season is needed on new players. Ps I know we are in league one at the moment.
  • Options

What I want to know RD has spent over £55m and we are a league one club.What would I new owner need to spend to get us to the premiership? . £100m also how would they ever get there money back?.Also to stay in the prembership £70m at least per season is needed on new players. Ps I know we are in league one at the moment.

Duchatelet spent the money badly on bad advice from bad advisers on mostly bad players managed by mainly unsuitable coaches.

With no intervention or guidance by a bad CEO.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Don't forget that £18.6m plus interest of the £55m was the purchase price, left in the books as debt. It's actually the debt accumulated by TJ/MS between 2011-2014. RD didn't put that money into the club. He used it to acquire the assets, which he still owns and which still have a value. He squandered much of the rest.
  • Options

LOOK, i hope Duchatelet hits the frog and toad for 3blokes sake.

LOOK, there are only so many pins you can stick in an effigy before you feel a prick yourself.

LOOK, after they have a Captain Cook, we need plenty of Oxford scholar to take our club forward.

LOOK, We need someone who is big down under.

LOOK, this needs to be fair dinkum as 1385 days and oh fuck the count goes on.

Are you trying to tell us something about your proclivities?
  • Options
    Assuming this hasn't been posted elsewhere, or at any rate pointed out.

Keith Harris has brokered the talks and according to wiki (like Airman Brown never knowingly wrong) Harris continues to act for rich families from the Middle East, Russia and India on sport and media related acquisitions.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Sources suggest the stumbling block in last-minute negotiations could be the future role of highly rated Chief Exec Ms Katrien Nightmeire

Suggestions are urgently needed for her appropriate position in the exciting new era ahead ...

You mean doucebag wants to leave her behind because she's just a wooden doll ?
  • Options
    drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

Given that we are down to discussing the relative merits of our sellable youth products because there isn't the slightest sniff of a rumour or any gossip which suggests that a sale process is even possible, let alone imminent, it appears that my estrangement from my football club is likely to continue for the foreseeable future....

It feels strange. Normally, I would be eagerly poring through any possible transfer rumours in eager anticipation of a squad being assembled with the potential to bring us glory next season....but this summer, I haven't even looked at the transfer thread once, and I can't see myself doing so, either. I'm just not interested in the machinations being orchestrated (or not) by a manager and administration that I feel no affinity or affection for and I just wish would disappear and never come back.

As it stands, this is not my club anymore....it's like watching a horror movie where a familiar old friend has been transformed into a slavering, mindless zombie. As a diseased and decaying CAFC limply staggers along in search of brains (which would be profits for RD if I'm going to pursue this tortured analogy) I simply cannot recognise it as my dear, cherished, contented and proud friend that was once so full of life....not least because it stinks pretty badly - a rather off-putting, foetid stench of rot, misery and death which I (and many others it seems) find utterly repellent. Quite simply, I don't recognise it anymore.

I look forward to the day when the curse is lifted and I get my beloved friend back . Sadly, it doesn't look like that is going to happen any time soon...

Its a strange day when I looked forward more to the Bromley fixtures coming out than the Charlton ones and I'm jealous of Leyton Orient. Let me rephrase that. I am envious of a non league club because they have promising new ownership. Just fuck off Roland and give me my club back.
    I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league
  • Options

drewman said:

drewman said:

How depressing.

I know what you mean, but they are 17th in The National League. I wouldn't want to swap places thank-you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league
    True but as you yourself said to Meire we're similar in size to half a dozen clubs in the Premier League
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!