Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Redrobo said:

Nug said:

Nug said:

SDAddick said:

I've missed out on a whole evening of posts having just spent the entire evening driving back from Devon.

Was hoping a little more detail had leaked out but seems not.

Based on the likelihood that it's the Aussies we're talking about just how certain are we that their ownership would be a safe pair of hands ? All the talk of not having enough funds have persisted although I guess that at least must have changed.

I presume we know their business model and we know that they have ambition but is that enough ?

I would hate us to jump out of the frying pan straight into the fire.

Just saying.

These are my thoughts exactly.

What exactly is their business model?
    What's the current business model, alienate the fans and sell any young player with an ounce of talent? Amazing how quickly people forget what's gone on for the last 3 years after a half decent start to the season in a shit league. I think it's worth a gamble.
    How can anything be worth a gamble when you don't know the runners and riders/team/contestants ?

We all know the current owner is toxic, but at this stage, I for one know nothing about a potential new owner and their finances, so how can I possibly take a a gamble today ?

Give me some facts and I'd agree that on the balance of probability a new owner could be great, but with zero information I cannot.
    Crikey....you know the owner is toxic, fans are leaving in droves, we have the richest owner in our history but one who has no ambition to further Charlton as a competitive football team and you're happy to carry on as we are. I'm still amazed at how quickly people have changed their tune on getting these idiots out. Could new owners be worse? Yes. Could they be better? Yes. Maybe I'm prepared to take the chance because I won't be back till these idiots fuck off.
    Not everyone wants to sit there in black and white scarves, throw toys on the pitch or stay away. Fans have left through their own choice and I was one of them historically before breaking the self imposed boycott in full this term.

If you look objectively at this season in isolation bar the clown tossery with Novak and the last minute transfer deadline striker fiasco albeit early doors I would say on balance the season has started successfully. Good team, good manager, Charlton people coaching set up, good team spirit, excellent ticket prices and competing at the top of the league. Didn't sell key players in the summer and added to the squad with signings who appear to have been the managers own.

Even the hugely incompetent CEO has been silenced from making any further gaffes. We are also a going concern with players, football and non football staff and suppliers all getting paid on time...this alone gives an edge when attracting players particularly at this level.

If things have been so terrible and "toxic" this season where are the protests?

The atmosphere in North upper was superb on Saturday and probably for the reasons outlined two paragraphs above.

Many have lost objectivity and balance as can be evidenced by assuming negativity in every single thing the club does these days which has further alienated and patronised those who have a different view and widened the division in our fan base.

The desire to get the owners out is clouding judgement. If you view our current season in isolation we are a going concern, spending on the training ground with a decent manager who in the main appears to be selecting and prucuring his players with relative autonomy.

I was vehemently in the get them out ASAP camp at all costs during the Fraeye era and attended the organic first few protests and an early CARD one whilst boycotting ie travelling to protest hanging about on my todd in a pub during the game and returning to barrack outside the west stand after.

I don't like the owner, rate the executive and will always resent them for the shit they bestowed in the early days and the resultant dwindling and divided fan base. They are in my opinion the worst Charlton ownership in my memory.

Whilst I am loathe to in anyway defend, justify or argue for them remaining I am trying to be objective and look at where we are today and am sceptical to the point of paranoia that in 2017 each new takeover in football particularly at this level is a gamble with the entire clubs going concern. If we were still in the karel Fraeye era and him and his.band of merry European pub players were leading us to obscurity then I would be very much of the attitude of any takeover is worth that risk as will be evidenced over many of my vitriolic posts against the regime in the past few years.

However as we stand from today I don't like them but I fear there could be far worse than what we have today and whilst I will try to be objective with new owners IF we getake them just will be very cautious and reserved in judging whether it is an improvement on what we currently have today until the evidence is there as after the last 10 years it would be silly not too.

Really hope it works out for us.
    I cannot imagine that there can be a worse owner in the world: than one that has no ambition.

It is for this reason I will celebrate Roland selling to anyone.
    Owen Oyston, SISU ?
    Not in my opinion. He never thought not winning games was OK as long as you could farm players. He was just a twat.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Nug said:

Nug said:

SDAddick said:

I've missed out on a whole evening of posts having just spent the entire evening driving back from Devon.

Based on the likelihood that it's the Aussies we're talking about just how certain are we that their ownership would be a safe pair of hands ? All the talk of not having enough funds have persisted although I guess that at least must have changed.

I presume we know their business model and we know that they have ambition but is that enough ?

Just saying.

What's the current business model, alienate the fans and sell any young player with an ounce of talent? Amazing how quickly people forget what's gone on for the last 3 years after a half decent start to the season in a shit league. I think it's worth a gamble.
    How can anything be worth a gamble when you don't know the runners and riders/team/contestants ?

We all know the current owner is toxic, but at this stage, I for one know nothing about a potential new owner and their finances, so how can I possibly take a a gamble today ?

Give me some facts and I'd agree that on the balance of probability a new owner could be great, but with zero information I cannot.
    Crikey....you know the owner is toxic, fans are leaving in droves, we have the richest owner in our history but one who has no ambition to further Charlton as a competitive football team and you're happy to carry on as we are. I'm still amazed at how quickly people have changed their tune on getting these idiots out. Could new owners be worse? Yes. Could they be better? Yes. Maybe I'm prepared to take the chance because I won't be back till these idiots fuck off.
    Not everyone wants to sit there in black and white scarves, throw toys on the pitch or stay away. Fans have left through their own choice and I was one of them historically before breaking the self imposed boycott in full this term.

If you look objectively at this season in isolation bar the clown tossery with Novak and the last minute transfer deadline striker fiasco albeit early doors I would say on balance the season has started successfully. Good team, good manager, Charlton people coaching set up, good team spirit, excellent ticket prices and competing at the top of the league. Didn't sell key players in the summer and added to the squad with signings who appear to have been the managers own.

Even the hugely incompetent CEO has been silenced from making any further gaffes. We are also a going concern with players, football and non football staff and suppliers all getting paid on time...this alone gives an edge when attracting players particularly at this level.

The atmosphere in North upper was superb on Saturday and probably for the reasons outlined two paragraphs above.

Many have lost objectivity and balance as can be evidenced by assuming negativity in every single thing the club does these days which has further alienated and patronised those who have a different view and widened the division in our fan base.

The desire to get the owners out is clouding judgement. If you view our current season in isolation we are a going concern, spending on the training ground with a decent manager who in the main appears to be selecting and prucuring his players with relative autonomy.

I was vehemently in the get them out ASAP camp at all costs during the Fraeye era and attended the organic first few protests and an early CARD one whilst boycotting ie travelling to protest hanging about on my todd in a pub during the game and returning to barrack outside the west stand after.

I don't like the owner, rate the executive and will always resent them for the shit they bestowed in the early days and the resultant dwindling and divided fan base. They are in my opinion the worst Charlton ownership in my memory.

Whilst I am loathe to in anyway defend, justify or argue for them remaining I am trying to be objective and look at where we are today and am sceptical to the point of paranoia that in 2017 each new takeover in football particularly at this level is a gamble with the entire clubs going concern. If we were still in the karel Fraeye era and him and his.band of merry European pub players were leading us to obscurity then I would be very much of the attitude of any takeover is worth that risk as will be evidenced over many of my vitriolic posts against the regime in the past few years.

However as we stand from today I don't like them but I fear there could be far worse than what we have today and whilst I will try to be objective with new owners IF we getake them just will be very cautious and reserved in judging whether it is an improvement on what we currently have today until the evidence is there as after the last 10 years it would be silly not too.

I cannot imagine that there can be a worse owner in the world: than one that has no ambition.

Owen Oyston, SISU ?
    Not in my opinion. He never thought not winning games was OK as long as you could farm players. He was just a twat.
    So you'll be pleased if our new owner is Owen (rapist) Oyston or his son Karl ? Sorry that's ridiculous.
    I've bought the champagne and I'm ready to celebrate, but I won't be opening it until we know who the owner is and a little of what finances they have. Right now, we know nothing, other than we have an interested buyer/s, which is great in as far as it goes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Oyston
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I'm not excited about the new owners. I'm excited about Roland and friends going. I realise that you can't have one without the other, but when you're being held hostage you don't worry too much about who it is that's going to rescue you.
    Any new owners will, as a minimum, frustrate and disappoint sooner or later. It's inevitable and we need to be realistic about that. As others have said though, the chances of the new person/people bring worse than RD are pretty slim.

Of that there is no doubt.

The doubt comes from the wealth and competence. If someone fails to do their numbers and/or makes incorrect assumptions we could end up no better off and facing administration and/or liquidation.

I'm not saying that I am not excited about the future, but I still can't understand why anyone would look to sink £50m plus into a football club with no, genuine, financial return.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

well Maynard-Brewer got a work permit so how did he manage it I wonder

An interesting question.
    It prompted me to have a ferret about.

It seems his father is a certain Jason Brewer who resigned from his position as CEO of Perth Glory recently in the light of a scandal involving a breach of the salary cap.

Nonetheless, it seems he retains his position on the board of a firm called Cape Lambert Resources Ltd. His profile on their site says:

"Jason Brewer
    M.Eng (ARSM) Hons

Non-Executive Director

Jason Brewer has over 18 years’ international experience in the natural resources sector and in investment banking.

Mr Brewer is a mining engineer with a Master’s degree in mining engineering with honours from the Royal School of Mines, London.

Mr Brewer has experience in a variety of commodities having worked in underground and opencast mining operations in the UK, Australia, Canada and South Africa. In addition Mr Brewer has worked for major global investment banks including Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, NM Rothschild & Sons (Australia) Limited and Investec Bank (Australia) Limited in London, Sydney and Perth where he had particular responsibility for structuring and arranging corporate and project funding facilities for mining companies operating in Asia and Africa."

So his Dad, at least has studied and worked in the UK. It may be therefore that either Ashley's father (or maybe his Mum) holds a UK passport?
  • Options

Meire is on Centry duty at The Valley - no way are the Aussies getting in.
    imageimage

Lol
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Nug said:

Nug said:

SDAddick said:

Just saying.

Owen Oyston, SISU ?
    So you'll be pleased if our new owner is Owen (rapist) Oyston or his son Karl ? Sorry that's ridiculous.
    I've bought the champagne and I'm ready to celebrate, but I won't be opening it until we know who the owner is and a little of what finances they have. Right now, we know nothing, other than we have an interested buyer/s, which is great as far as it goes.
    Never knew he was a convicted rapist and have no idea what his son has done and just maybe you could have explained before being abusive.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Nug said:

Nug said:

SDAddick said:

Just saying.

Owen Oyston, SISU ?
    I've bought the champagne and I'm ready to celebrate, but I won't be opening it until we know who the owner is and a little of what finances they have. Right now, we know nothing, other than we have an interested buyer/s, which is great as far as it goes.
    Never knew he was a convicted rapist and have no idea what his son has done and just maybe you could have explained before being abusive.
    So you're getting my point. There could be worse owners and we need to find out the facts to determine this, which we do not have at present. Apologies if I was abusive, I'm not aware that I was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

It was the video of Roland dancing that finally broke the camel's back. His application for the Belgian version of Strictly has been rejected thanks to @CARD

And I was so looking forward to the dance off between Roland and Pardew
  • Options

Of course there could be worse owners but we'd be really unlucky with three in a row. Wasn't Jiminez to Roland a case of frying pan and fire.

I can't see a new owner being able to come in and fuck the Club up anymore than it already has been.

It was which is why is wise to be cautious.

Ask the six questions.
  • Options

Nothing against the Aussies or Mr Muir , but I would love it if someone came in for us with serious wonga . After all these miserable years , surely we deserve a change of fortune .

The prick in charge has serious wonga.
  • Options
    This is great news

Good manager, good team, new owners

Crystal Palace we're coming for you
  • Options

_MrDick said:

It was the video of Roland dancing that finally broke the camel's back. His application for the Belgian version of Strictly has been rejected thanks to @CARD

And I was so looking forward to the dance off between Roland and Pardew
    And what about Fat Sam?
  • Options

Believe he has dual nationality. He has both Australian and Austrian passports.

True story

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Believe he has dual nationality. He has both Australian and Austrian passports.

True story

I think Blumberg is an Aussie too.
  • Options
    Just got an e.mail from the club this second......based on this I am going to postulate that the new owners are Mexican.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/7cKPchRDaVM

New song for the terraces...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Won't believe it till I see the Sue Parkes gif thing

Doesn't matter how many times this has been posted, it still makes me laugh!!!

Won't believe it till I see the Sue Parkes gif thing

Doesn't matter how many times this has been posted, it still makes me laugh!!!
    Bernie!!!!!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Speaking of which. That video needs to make an appearance on this thread.
  • Options
    21 pages. How imminent is imminent?
  • Options
    HAVE THEY GONE YET?
  • Options

Just got home and read through over 200 posts.
    I'd like to make a couple of observation 's.

Firstly in all forms of sports be they cricket football rugby or whatever I have never ever heard of an owner of a club who says winning is not important.
    Apart from Roland

I have never heard of an owner call his own supporters vinegar pissers.
    Apart from Roland.

I have never heard of a ceo call her supporters customers apart from Katie.

I have never heard a ceo of a major sports club tell their supporters if they don't like the brand go somewhere else apart from Katie.

So when some of our supporters question that we could get someone worse I find it quite silly.to get someone worse would be highly unlikely in my opinion.

Secondly regarding KR I very much doubt that new owners would just show up and sack him they would take into account where we are in the league and judge him accordingly.

So for me I want a takeover to happen as soon as possible the chances of getting worse owners than we have now is remote and I can't wait for it to happen.

This. Bang on.
  • Options
    I can't stand it....
  • Options

I can't stand it....

What, the rain (against your window?)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!