Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

robroy said:

I sometimes think we are part of a computer simulation being played by Crystal Palace fans...

I'm thinking it's more like Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap ( Who will it be ?)

But renamed The Rat Trap.
    Seems like this takeover could last longer than The Mousetrap. Of the almost 600 pages I think only 3 or 4 have given me any hope.
  • Angeldust claims on the other site that another party entered DD proceedings on wednesday which may prolong deal being finalised
  • British based consortium backed with Saudi money
  • Uboat said:

I really hope it's done tomorrow, for the obvious reasons, but also to see how many of the ITKs on here have got the front to say, 'There you go. Exactly as I predicted.'

Call for Doucher
    I will nail my balls the mast and say I have no knowledge of it happening any time soon so if it happens I will be happy and surprised
    Crikey that statement has made me feel a tad sick.
  • Bit of a catch 22 - the longer it takes for the takeover to go through the longer Bowyer and Jacko are given a chance in their new roles!

What would everybody prefer?

It would be such a shame for the Aussies to come in and immediately replace them!
  • Angeldust claims on the other site that another party entered DD proceedings on wednesday which may prolong deal being finalised

God help us.
  • z

Redhenry said:

Mike said:

Still on for Monday do you think mate?

Haven't heard any different to what I was told last week.
    Aussies bid the most and won.
    £53m?.
    Sounds about £20m out that doesn't it @NapaAddick
    Yes, but if we include the value of Gomez that should be ours, I get close.
  • I suspect there is as much chance of a takeover being announced tomorrow as there is that Hull will be widely accepted with Oxford and Cambridge as one of our three great historic universities

AFKA, you are treading on thin ice my friend! I was at Hull Uni from 1973-76. A great place in those days. The poet Phillip Larkin was the head of the university library in those days.
    The great Poet has now passed on, so there's no more Larkin about.
  • Oh shit, just read all the latest posts and it now seems as though my extra special birthday celebrations for tomorrow are now defunked!!! Nuts! Dunking Donuts

Corrected for you
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

How much ITK is he? (although the only one truly ITK is Roland I guess)
    Former Director with a secured loan outstanding of £250k I believe.
    So quite ITK then. Oh :(
    Quite possibly here's a breakdown of the former directors loans according to Airman in January totalling £7m;

As well as Murray's £2.6m, Derek Chappell and Bob Whitehand each have £1.2m outstanding, Sir Maurice Hatter £1m, David Hughes £500,000 and David Sumners and David White £250,000 each.
    I'm still waiting on my £1 I paid towards the purchase of Ronnie Moore.

We are still in talks.
    Respect @ElfsborgAddick I only put 50p in the collection bucket, that's all the loose change I had :wink: .
    You're a funny fella Mr Chaser. A shame our paths will not cross for another 12 months....
  • As long as the sale includes the valley and sparrows lane and it's a complete takeover leaving Roland with nothing of our club I'll be happy.

Announcement: "Roland Duchatalet today completed the sale of Charlton Athletic FC, including all its assets, The Valley, Sparrows Lane training ground and all player registrations for a sum of £200m - with payment to be met over five years by the club - to Belgian businessman and investor Roderick Duchatalet".

Would you still be happy with this?

:wink:
  • So is monday now not happening?

Has roland said he wants to wait and see if we are promoted?..

Can someone confirm?
  • It's crappening.
  • So is monday now not happening?

Has roland said he wants to wait and see if we are promoted?..

Can someone confirm?

Hard to say for sure but it sounds like Roland is still moving the goalposts.

Amazing amount of patience being shown by the Aussies all things considered.
  • Why has @Addickted got a Kuwaiti flag as an icon? Do you know something we don't? Or are you Peter Varney in disguise?
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 June
  • edited March 2018

Angeldust claims on the other site that another party entered DD proceedings on wednesday which may prolong deal being finalised

If this is true my fear is that the Aussie group will finally get pissed off at being dicked around one too many times and piss off entirely. Then this new group won’t proceed and we will be stuck with Roland and face a relegation battle next season. Just sell up and fuck off you senile old git. If not I look forward to seeing you in your own backyard in May.

• 2.0 new manager bounce not
  • 2.0 new manager bounce not

Oops wrong thread
  • Has Roland got some shares in keeping this thread going??
    Ffs just sell up you old scrote!

• seth plum said:

I suspect there is as much chance of a takeover being announced tomorrow as there is that Hull will be widely accepted with Oxford and Cambridge as one of our three great historic universities

AFKA, you are treading on thin ice my friend! I was at Hull Uni from 1973-76. A great place in those days. The poet Phillip Larkin was the head of the university library in those days.
    The great Poet has now passed on, so there's no more Larkin about.
    Boom boom. The spirit of Ken Dodd lives on.
  • The tweet from David White has got me thinking its going to take abit longer to get this over the line.

Many things written on this site over last 12hours have fallen into place for me now.

Never easy being a Charlton fan but Always interesting.

This is going to run into April.

• So pi55ed off with duff rumours.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!