Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Paul Elliott was spotted at the Olympic stadium at 9.30 am this morning. Probably just one of his many job/committees he's on but will share if any news comes my way.
  • Dazzler21 said:

So is it now early next week i.e Easter Monday's week... Suddenly 5th of April doesn't look so silly...

It never did look silly to me.
  • Oggy Red said:

Cant find a link for it, but a great article in today's Sun (I know great and Sun dont go together), but the article written by Tom Barclay is very good.

Can you copy & paste the article on here please, RedMid?

That way none of us get contaminated by The Sun website.
    File attached, click to download and open
    good advice in the final paragraph
  • Going to bed now. What am I going to wake up to....?(that should keep you occupied)
  • Oggy Red said:

Cant find a link for it, but a great article in today's Sun (I know great and Sun dont go together), but the article written by Tom Barclay is very good.

Absolutely @Henry Irving

If anyone can copy and paste onto thread please do, for some reason I'm unable to.
  • If rumours are true that someone else got involved last week then there isn't a hope in hell of it getting anywhere this week - let alone today
  • Oggy Red said:

Absolutely @Henry Irving

If anyone can copy and paste onto thread please do, for some reason I'm unable to.
    "But for any other tips to the prospective buyers - think of what Duchatelet would do - And then do the exact Opposite"

lovely stuff
  • @up_the_valley predicted today would be the big day.

It's just possible that the sale as happened already?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:

Oggy Red said:

Absolutely @Henry Irving

"But for any other tips to the prospective buyers - think of what Duchatelet would do - And then do the exact Opposite"

lovely stuff
    so true..
  • Paul Elliott was spotted at the Olympic stadium at 9.30 am this morning. Probably just one of his many job/committees he's on but will share if any news comes my way.

Paul Elliott is at the Olympic stadium for a UEFA masters International event concerning coaching.
    Gilberto Silva,Youri Djorjaeff,Stillijan Petrov, Gaizka Mendieta etc, are all on this course.
    Before you put 2+2 = 5. Paul Elliott appears to one of the organisers not actually on the course.
    At least that tells you no announcement today if Paul has any involvement with the take over.

Paul Elliott is at the Olympic stadium for a UEFA masters International event concerning coaching.
    Gilberto Silva,Youri Djorjaeff,Stillijan Petrov, Gaizka Mendieta etc, are all on this course.
    Before you put 2+2 = 5. Paul Elliott appears to one of the organisers not actually on the course.
    At least that tells you no announcement today if Paul has any involvement with the take over.
    does it?

Incorrect
    Means there is unlikely to be a press conference today

Announcement about takeover could still happen as it just needs to be a picture of Flaggy saying 'Rolands Gone' on the Official Site

its not even Lunchtime yet, plenty of time to announce
  • This is going to be a day of frustration, can anyone in CARD confirm if plans are still being made for next Monday

does it?

cafcwill said:

Paul Elliott was spotted at the Olympic stadium at 9.30 am this morning. Probably just one of his many job/committees he's on but will share if any news comes my way.

Incorrect
    Means there is unlikely to be a press conference today

Announcement about takeover could still happen as it just needs to be a picture of Flaggy saying 'Rolands Gone' on the Official Site

its not even Lunchtime yet, plenty of time to announce
    Draw your own conclusions, but after everyone getting on the bandwagon last week because they were ITK about this being D.day just wanted to pass on information that was 100% Kosher.
  • edited March 2018
    Can we find a way to continue to use the term "old scrote" even after hes gone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Me three.
  • edited March 2018

Jon_CAFC_ said:

This is going to be a day of frustration, can anyone in CARD confirm if plans are still being made for next Monday

I hope no plans are being made after what we witnessed on Saturday the whole feel of the supporters and players being united behind Bowyer and Jacko

Fuck RD fuck the sale of the club based on deadlines set by fans with regards to its completion date no one knows the date it will happen and let’s be honest even if it will happen

Right now protests And negativity around the ground will not help regardless of how many times I read we don’t lose on protest days it will detract the attention of the players and be mentioned by people all the way up to kick off

just carry on now into the next 3-4 games to give us a proper chance to get in the playoffs all focus should be based on the team the mgmt and the playing staff not the ownership or ridiculous deal done by X date

We talk about moving forward and moving on we need to get over ourselves and really just work on bringing the Charlton feeling back to the stands , I felt it on Saturday it was there no protests no balls on the pitch no anti RD songs just a group of players and a mgmt team playing for us

If protests happen on Easter Monday then they are for the wrong reasons

Is my view too. I don't think the vast majority of fans will now want protests next Monday.

me too.

Solidgone said:

Me three.

Me four.

There is literally nothing that RD can do to improve/derail this season now. It'll be great if he goes soon but realistically we need to concentrate on our slim chance of promotion.
  • 'Reign of error'
    Love it. Quality.
  • I thought the protests were about Roland's ownership of the club, not short term results?
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

This is going to be a day of frustration, can anyone in CARD confirm if plans are still being made for next Monday

I hope no plans are being made after what we witnessed on Saturday the whole feel of the supporters and players being united behind Bowyer and Jacko

Fuck RD fuck the sale of the club based on deadlines set by fans with regards to its completion date no one knows the date it will happen and let’s be honest even if it will happen

Right now protests And negativity around the ground will not help regardless of how many times I read we don’t lose on protest days it will detract the attention of the players and be mentioned by people all the way up to kick off

just carry on now into the next 3-4 games to give us a proper chance to get in the playoffs all focus should be based on the team the mgmt and the playing staff not the ownership or ridiculous deal done by X date

We talk about moving forward and moving on we need to get over ourselves and really just work on bringing the Charlton feeling back to the stands , I felt it on Saturday it was there no protests no balls on the pitch no anti RD songs just a group of players and a mgmt team playing for us

If protests happen on Easter Monday then they are for the wrong reasons

Is my view too. I don't think the vast majority of fans will now want protests next Monday.

I don't know about "the wrong reasons", but it doesn't feel to me that we should be doing anything that undermines the admittedly slim hope we have of getting promoted this season.
    It is a very confusing time for supporters but hopefully we will have some clarity soon. Is the takeover back to being up in the air due to a new bidder on the scene or are we looking at the final act before the Aussies take over?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!