Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• FFS - I was planning to 'work from home' tomorrow.
  • I'm also beginning to wonder if stories of completed deals are being leaked out there to head off the planned Easter protests? Seems very convenient that suddenly it's a done deal just after CARD make their announcement.
  • cafc-west said:

Guy on Valley Express yesterday (first time I've used it) - who seemed vaguely ITK - said he was certain of Monday and that Paul Elliott would be the CEO - not Chairman...

I'm assuming that as you've never used VE you didn't know this random bloke you spoke to. I imagine he's just spouting stuff he's read on here.
  • The Aussies are keen to get the deal done but Roland will do the deal when he is ready , I think he is still hoping another group will come in with a better offer
  • I'm also beginning to wonder if stories of completed deals are being leaked out there to head off the planned Easter protests? Seems very convenient that suddenly it's a done deal just after CARD make their announcement.

Are you inside my head or a real person 8)
  • Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    Lots of bluff and double bluff going on here I would assume.
    WIOTOS

There is a substantial backstory to Andrew Muir’s involvement, which dates back to last summer. The durability of that - even if you think it’s not true - is evidenced by the cover of VOTV136 last August.

There hasn’t been any significant rumour about the identity of the “second” group other than Murray telling staff it was British. If you’re going to point to the public insubstantiality of the Aussie group, this is much more true of the other one.
  • Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    WIOTOS

There is a substantial backstory to Andrew Muir’s involvement, which dates back to last summer. The durability of that - even if you think it’s not true - is evidenced by the cover of VOTV136 last August.

There hasn’t been any significant rumour about the identity of the “second” group other than Murray telling staff it was British. If you’re going to point to the public insubstantiality of the Aussie group, this is much more true of the other one.
    They are one and the same, searching for cash then they found Muir, but still way short on their bid.
    Not Murray’s choice either from all accounts, he is tied in with another bid we here.

WIOTOS

They are one and the same, searching for cash then they found Muir, but still way short on their bid.
    Not Murray’s choice either from all accounts, he is tied in with another bid we here.

Sounds like we should be prepared for a bit longer wait
    WIOTOS

“Done deal”
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmm....the thick plottens
  • J BLOCK said:

Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    WIOTOS

“Done deal”
    I don’t think so.
    Roland waiting on better deal to close.
  • Just a couple more quid!
  • As each week passes, 2 more members of this forum suddenly become ITK and contradict everything that has been previously said. It's bloody hard to keep up with.
    WIOTOS

Reading this post I've remembered that RM stated yesterday that of the 2 groups, one was his particular "favourite".
    WIOTOS

If the second group is British, where do the Saudis fit into all of this? Are the British group, British based Saudis or backed by them?
  • edited March 2018

Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    WIOTOS

Yes, I've never believed there were two Aussie groups. The "second" group I am talking about is the one Murray is talking about, which he said is British, and which has had no public profile.
  • Does anyone actually know?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

WIOTOS

If the second group is British, where do the Saudis fit into all of this? Are the British group, British based Saudis or backed by them?
    The Saudis were a wild card which is what threw things off-balance in February. They were never part of the equation when Murray was talking in January about two groups and a February conclusion and their intervention is what caused the delay.

In the last week we've had the Daily Mirror, The Sun, the Evening Standard, the SLP all talking about the Australians, specifically around Kewell, which has never happened before. It's come, to my understanding, from Robinson, the Saudi end and Paul Elliott, any of which you may choose to regard as reliable or unreliable as suits. The Saudi stuff has multiple sources.

WIOTOS

The Saudis were a wild card which is what threw things off-balance in February. They were never part of the equation when Murray was talking in January about two groups and a February conclusion and their intervention is what caused the delay.

Are they out of it altogether now and are the British group the ones that Mike Ashley has been linked to be involved with?

WIOTOS

From what I understand, they're not Saudis.

WIOTOS

Seriously Killer,do youself a favour .Just sit back and wait for it to happen. Nobody really has the answers. Just tit bits and Chinese whispers. We just have to wait for the doddery old chunt to make his decision.
    So there’s a Chinese group involved now?
  • I really hope it's done tomorrow, for the obvious reasons, but also to see how many of the ITKs on here have got the front to say, 'There you go. Exactly as I predicted.'
  • edited March 2018
    I thought the Mike Ashley thing was a complete red herring that came up around the time of Donald Muir/Alex McLeish interest

Will be interesting to see if tomorrow does bring anything.
  • edited March 2018
    Grief!

I don't know what's more tortuous at the moment, this thread... or the "How the fuck can we convince ourselves Corbyn can win" thread?

Both are on the same trajectory, back up back down and round and round again. BUT i just cannot stop popping in and taking a gander!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!