Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Whoever takes us over, they have had a fantastic opportunity to see how not to run a football club, courtesy of the mad Belgian.
  • Options
    April 1st completion?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

All subject to Aussie Rules btw

• Options
    They obviously need sufficient money behind them, but I would rather a well run club than a club that might be rich but run by idiots. We have just got rid of the biggest idiot of an owner in our history, and that is saying something, and we hardly want more crazy decisions.
  • Options
    I like the way the Arabs have been invented out of thin air and now Murray is being blamed for blocking them - classic
  • Options

Respect to whoever started this thread by saying it would 100% be an Aussie takeover.

WIOTOS
  • Options

Respect to whoever started this thread by saying it would 100% be an Aussie takeover.

Respect? But no promote? The knight doth protest to much methinks
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Jealousy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

I like the way the Arabs have been invented out of thin air and now Murray is being blamed for blocking them - classic

I literally have @Redhenry's discussions page saved a a favourite on my phone. The Arabs do exist
  • Options

CatAddick said:

Jealousy
    Meh. But we’ll always have the car park sit down protests :-)
  • Options
    This takeover is proving that it's always darkest before dawn. Such a range of emotions today
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

CatAddick said:

Jealousy
    Meh. But we’ll always have the car park sit down protests :-)
    Not your jealousy, AFKA.

Happy we did the protests, even happier we won't have to do them again.
  • Options

WIOTOS
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

DOUCHER said:

I literally have @Redhenry's discussions page saved a a favourite on my phone. The Arabs do exist
    What do you call a bodybuilding Arab?
    Protein Sheikh
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

DA9 said:

Richard Crawley just stated on Talksport that he was told today that a deal is not far off

What time was he on Talksport? You can listen again off their website.
    Just before midday I think, on the Jim white show, they did a good 10 minutes on us, including comments from Simon Jordan
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It's time. A true thing of beauty.

Not happening for poor Clive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I said RM was the blocker weeks ago s

Valley11 said:

Belgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    Seems a poster on CL was getting the same info as us. We were told it came through channels from Paul Elliot. It was a Middle East consortium worth over $3b in weath. They wanted a clean sweep. RM didn’t want them and preferred the less wealthy Aussie. Chineese whispers? Or BS?

Is that true?
    Yes it is
    But it’s not Murrays sale to block either way
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?

The only thing I have heard is that they didn’t want him on the board and there was a discussion about whether he could be life president (which Maurice Hatter is). But that was some time ago.
    Sounds like he’s going to have to buy a season ticket from now on
    I would say freeloading is one thing you can’t accuse him of, tbf.
    I was being facetious
  • Options

Have a promote ..
  • Options

Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?

The only thing I have heard is that they didn’t want him on the board and there was a discussion about whether he could be life president (which Maurice Hatter is). But that was some time ago.
    I like them already.
  • Options
    He can still be a supporter like the rest of us. His time has come and gone and we will all now be able to remember the good times and hopefully forget the bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    When I was young (many years ago) we had cold winters but I don't recall any pot holes anywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If it happens on Monday that puts @up_the_valley on pole on the Prediction thread, with @The Organiser up next.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!