Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I personally can’t wait for the protests against the Aussies.

Big sale on plastic kangaroos coming up!

• Options

Redhenry said:

Cawley on the money

Weird that a day or two ago redhenry said it looked like his lot were sealing the deal & now they've folded. Without knowing any facts at all have to say I'm a bit disappointed it's not the mega rich lot.
    Lets be honest, if any group is THAT rich and REALLY WANTED TO BUY US, they would have done.

We've been on the market for a good year.

If its Aussies, then fair play. I'm grateful for anyone taking us on at the mo. Anything but what Roland has done.

We can worry they've only got £1bn as opposed to £10bn another day.
    It’s a good point. It will be interesting to hear why Red Henry’s lot weren’t keen to push things over the line.

Will wait to see the terms of the deal & what new owners have got to say before popping the champagne corks, as glad as I am that the miserable old scrote Duchatelet is finally selling.
  • Options
    I think Kewell, if it happens, will be a decent appointment for us considering where we are as a club.
  • Options
    I am extremely excited now about what's going on. Can only hope we have our club back properly once the takeover goes through.

Would love for Down Under by Men at Work to be blasted out for their first game as owners.
  • Options
    Give kewell to the end of the season and see how he gets on.
  • Options
    Before anyone asks, Kewell is 5ft 11", his wife is Sheree Murphy (they married in Vegas) and his assistant manager at Crawley is Warren Feeney.
  • Options

Just catching up from the first couple of hundred pages, so it’s red bull taking over then? From what I’ve heard.

Yes it's Red Bull and they are moving us to the Peninsula
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More importantly , are we going to get discounted tickets on Qantas? Always fancied going Australia!
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:

More importantly , are we going to get discounted tickets on Qantas? Always fancied going Australia!

Got reletives, yes please. That'll do for the shit we've put up with for 4 years
  • Options

Don't get the objection to Kewell if true. Doing well at Crawley, good reputation when he was a coach at Watford and getting the best out of KAG - something the last two managers were hopeless at.

I have nothing against him and I am sure he is learning his trade however with no wins in four for Crawley and sitting in mid table I would not say he is doing well, average at best.

As others have said if the Australians have bought us and if HK is to be the new manager it is starting off all a bit like RD who forced all the Belgium's on us.

We have been knocking on the door of the top six all season, no matter what happens I cannot see us going up so I was hoping the new owners would appoint a a manager who has a promotion or two under his belt and experience of getting out of this pub league.
    Not sure I get this view. On the surface, I can't see any noticeable negatives with Kewell other than the fact he is inexperienced (only managerial gig was this season). But we had the experienced operator in Slade, and that didn't win any awards.

this is a comment on a Crawley forum re: Kewell

Harry Kewell has been a revelation and a revolution.

He has transformed the team from the way they play to the set up, the shape and the fitness. At the end of last season most of the first team were lucky if they could last 70 mins and if we went behind in the last quarter of the game we knew there was little or no hope of us scoring. We now seem to regularly score late in games, which is a sign of a fit team.

He has taken a team that barely avoided relegation and were tortuous to watch at times, to being one of the most attractive playing teams in the league.

He transformed the playing style and it took some players some time to adapt to it and it took some supporters even longer - a small number of the more short sighted ones, who cannot see what is happening, are still not convinced.

I also admire the fact he was a very top level international footballer, worked in academies, done his badges and gone in at the bottom level. That shows a decent desire to me, and from all accounts, Crawley place some nice stuff for L2 and are comfortably in mid-table when they were expecting to get relegated

Sounds familiar....
  • Options
    Thought they’d have something better in their locker than Harry Kewell if I’m honest.

Concerning.
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:

No, but you can flash the Red Card/Season ticket to use the Australian citizen's immigration lane at Sydney airport. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Thought they’d have something better in their locker than Harry Kewell if I’m honest.

Concerning.

We are not a massive club

He has done well at Crawley

We need stability now.

I'd welcome him with lb and jj on coaching team still.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I personally can’t wait for the protests against the Aussies.

Big sale on plastic kangaroos coming up!

So long as it's not boomerangs....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

have heard the Aussies want to buy several clubs throughout Europe and bring them under one footballing family so they can save money by utilizing intra-club transfers, scouting, etc.

Now you are talking, makes sense to me.
  • Options
    Aussie Out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Skim read 300 posts since last looking in. No ‘it’s happening’ GIfS so assume it is a load of pot noodle posts and not going to bother looking closer.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Before anyone asks, Kewell is 5ft 11", his wife is Sheree Murphy (they married in Vegas) and his assistant manager at Crawley is Warren Feeney.

As managers usually bring in their assistants, presumably he'd want Feeney with him?
  • Options
    We don’t quite know if it is the original Aussie consortium, just Muir or a combination or what just yet do we? Or have I missed that.
  • Options
    I hope no pommy bastard Charlton fans are going to complain about the 8AM kick off time so our Sydney based owner can watch his own live stream.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

What’s his favourite flavour of pot noodle?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Question for Airman.

Does Murray have any involvement in this to your knowledge?
  • Options
    ...and if Kewell doesnt work out and gets sacked, you just know they will persuade fellow aussie and millwall legend Tim Cahill to give up playing to take over as the new manager at Charlton.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!