Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Has something just been deleted from this thread ? Either that or I’m going mad.

There is a ghost in the machine.

If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Think it’s fairly obvious that the ongoing sale of the club is just as much a problem to the playing side of the club as it is to us supporters. Go for it Karl. Give Duchatelet a call and get some answers.
  • Options
    From SLP

Robinson revealed after defeat at Bloomfield Road that takeover talks could not be resolved until the end of the season – or even later than that.

Asked if it has encroached upon the team trying to achieve their targets, he replied: “It doesn’t have any impact when the whistle goes.

“But I have got players with a year left on their contract, ones who are out of contract, players who might be sold or might not be sold. It’s an uncertain stage of your life. As much as that doesn’t bother you when the whistle goes, it can leave you worrying about next year.

“It’s now got to a stage where something has to be said. Because I can’t just keep saying we’ll be alright, we’ll be alright. This is very difficult for the fans, players and the club’s employees as well.

“The new people will come in and give it fresh air. They’ll change things – they have a right to do that. We have a cleaner wagebill, a cleaner group of players – a better foundation to move forward now.

“This is not about me anymore. This is about being as honest as I can with people. It is a predicament where I have got to say what I think now. We have stabilised it very well for 18 months. CARD have been very respectful in terms of nothing happening with protests, I think they’ve seen they are trying to be kept updated.

“Hopefully there will be resolution. In the meantime we will be fighting like hell to win games, that never changes. What happens on from a a Friday to Saturday night should have no relevance to people playing.”
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Grumpy said:

Callum and Athletico, I am sworn to secrecy, but I can confirm that if it goes through everybody will be delighted with it. You should all be concentrating upon kicking Rolands ass, and doing anything that you can to hurt him. This is not fake news !

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you one of my sought after bumhugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

:blush:
    Counter offer
    I’ll give you two humbugs and three wine gums. If I have to, I’ll go to 14 chips
  • Options

Grumpy said:

Callum and Athletico, I am sworn to secrecy, but I can confirm that if it goes through everybody will be delighted with it. You should all be concentrating upon kicking Rolands ass, and doing anything that you can to hurt him. This is not fake news !

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you a lick of one of my sought after humbugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

Offer hot pants too that may be enough to persuade him!

• Options

From SLP

Robinson revealed after defeat at Bloomfield Road that takeover talks could not be resolved until the end of the season – or even later than that.

Asked if it has encroached upon the team trying to achieve their targets, he replied: “It doesn’t have any impact when the whistle goes.

“But I have got players with a year left on their contract, ones who are out of contract, players who might be sold or might not be sold. It’s an uncertain stage of your life. As much as that doesn’t bother you when the whistle goes, it can leave you worrying about next year.

“It’s now got to a stage where something has to be said. Because I can’t just keep saying we’ll be alright, we’ll be alright. This is very difficult for the fans, players and the club’s employees as well.

“The new people will come in and give it fresh air. They’ll change things – they have a right to do that. We have a cleaner wagebill, a cleaner group of players – a better foundation to move forward now.

“This is not about me anymore. This is about being as honest as I can with people. It is a predicament where I have got to say what I think now. We have stabilised it very well for 18 months. CARD have been very respectful in terms of nothing happening with protests, I think they’ve seen they are trying to be kept updated.

“Hopefully there will be resolution. In the meantime we will be fighting like hell to win games, that never changes. What happens on from a a Friday to Saturday night should have no relevance to people playing.”

They meant 'might not'
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Grumpy said:

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you a lick of one of my sought after humbugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

Offer hot pants too that may be enough to persuade him!

Ok, If I must xx ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do lederhosen count?

Just in case the German rumours are true.
  • Options

Has something just been deleted from this thread ? Either that or I’m going mad.

@ShootersHillGuru - Think you mean the Ackworth phone screenshot.... curious. Probably fake news and pure speculation by him but with an element of logic.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    In these difficult times with uncertainty of the takeover looming large, we should all take comfort in the wise words of Wilson Phillips:
    "Don't you know? Don't you know things can change. Things'll go your way. If you hold on for one more day."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Listen up, dear friends.

Something has started that old familiar Fanny tingle......

Mr F loves his music & has just switched on for the day ( oooer missus !)

The first record to play , by that well known group, Love Affair , was .......

RAINBOW VALLEY !!!!!!

It's a sign, I tell ye !!!!!
  • Options

I hope that the interested parties don't include Russians!

At least they have the means of getting rid of a shit manager without worrying about pay offs :wink:

• Options

I still wish we'd had appointed the Ujpest dude after Fraeye. That really would have been something else to see.

Nobby vinegar for all us vinegar pissers.

I actually think Roland floated that idea as a joke and Katrien flipped about it.
    Does Duchatelet joke?
    He’s the latest in a long line of Belgian surrealists - he doesn’t mean to be though, he just is

Je ne suis pas le propriétaire de ce club de foolball

If only!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Robbo means well when he talks. I just don’t think his head is as articulate as his mouth try’s to be. We often then get contradictory statements and gobbledygook. Genuinely believe he means well and is trying his best under what must be difficult circumstances.

Whole saga needs a conclusion very soon though.

Completely agree. I think he's in a position that's outside of his job description (re the takeover issues and some of the stuff he spouts). Obviously the stuff he says about the team's (lack of) performance rambles on, and on, and on....
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Listen up, dear friends.

RAINBOW VALLEY !!!!!!

You're just excited because @Grumpy is going to lick your humbug
    If its true what women say about men he won't find her Humbug :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Surely it is Murray who should step forward and say something more about the state of the Takeover now that Robinson has dropped that bombshell? His last two comments have been woefully inaccurate and I do not want to believe he deliberately mislead us to keep us quiet. I think I read somewhere that he is away at the moment but I sincerely hope that when he returns he will (can) provide a clearer picture to us all - after first speaking to Duchatelet.
    I, for one, can do without my hopes being raised by him only to see them dashed each time. We all know the club is in a mess but this new fiasco over the timing of the Takeover is almost unbearable.
    Charlton is unrecognisable from the club I have supported all my life and this deeply saddens me.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say this but I'm so fed up with everything Charlton at the minute, from the scumbag owner, the clueless and out-of-depth manager to the couldn't give a toss players. Giving serious consideration to going to Bromley on Saturday (FA Trophy semi-final). At least the players of both sides (hopefully) will be giving their all.
  • Options
    RM only tells us what RD tells him to say , if it's bullshit it's RD we should be asking for a statement now not RM
  • Options
    edited March 2018

RM only tells us what RD tells him to say , if it's bullshit it's RD we should be asking for a statement now not RM

And what exactly is our line of communication with Duchatelet?

• Options
    In giving it a miss Saturday and for me that's massive!!
  • Options

Listen up, dear friends.

RAINBOW VALLEY !!!!!!

Jaysus Mary & Joseph, don't be telling me it's Elton John for feck sake!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!