Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    i was never in the robinson out camp until after these 2 results and his last couple of interviews. cant help myself but im starting to think the guys an utter prick? dross football, wank statements, ive just about had enough 9f his bollocks. im now of the opinion of when/if the takeover happens i do think a fresh approach and start is required now.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The pictures of Blackpool's ground last night is the future for us unless the takeover happens soon

The future? It's already here. The Valley is empty most weeks unless It's football for a fiver. Take a good look next time you go.
    You ain't see nothing yet.
    Sadly James, I think you’re right.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Never thought I'd say this but I'm so fed up with everything Charlton at the minute, from the scumbag owner, the clueless and out-of-depth manager to the couldn't give a toss players. Giving serious consideration to going to Bromley on Saturday (FA Trophy semi-final). At least the players of both sides (hopefully) will be giving their all.</
    See you there

• Options
    Has anyone ITK been able to confirm that it has stalled because of the excessive price RD is demanding for the club?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Has anyone ITK been able to confirm that it has stalled because of the excessive price RD is demanding for the club?

If the price had been agreed with 2 parties then that is not the case.

Apparently only one of the two remains, I am therefore left questioning whether they are now threatening to also pull out over Roland's delay tactics... Maybe another party is sniffing around and RD wants to know what they might offer?

Pure conjecture, but there's a risk that could end up being accurate.
  • Options

well Redhenry said that the two parties know what price RD wants but they are not willing to match it yet. so I guess its a waiting game to see if a compromise can be made. RD by the sounds of it has already pissed one previous party off (Scottish lot) as they couldn't bring RD down to a realistic figure.
  • Options

well Redhenry said that the two parties know what price RD wants but they are not willing to match it yet. so I guess its a waiting game to see if a compromise can be made. RD by the sounds of it has already pissed one previous party off (Scottish lot) as they couldn't bring RD down to a realistic figure.
    Yet RM said they had both agreed on the price and it was down to the lawyers to finalise.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yet RM said they had both agreed on the price and it was down to the lawyers to finalise.
    Suspect its all about the sell-on agreements - Gomez, Gudmunsson, Pope have all exceeded career expectations and will almost certainly complicate the negotiations as to what happens to any sell on amounts.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Dazzler21 said:

Suspect its all about the sell-on agreements - Gomez, Gudmunsson, Pope have all exceeded career expectations and will almost certainly complicate the negotiations as to what happens to any sell on amounts.
    I disagree on Gomez, but agree Pope and Gudmundsson have adapted better than expected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

yeah. problem is i dont know who's got the right information? should In theory be Murray as he's closer but I'm not sure I can trust him after all that's gone on. was he just saying that to get the fans to simmer down a bit instead of making matters worse that RD is being stubborn and unrealistic with his evaluation of the club. which then causes fans to think it could all fall through because of those reasons and we end up stuck him for a lot longer than we thought at the beginning of the for sale rumours.

unless of course its what @cafc-west and its become complicated in the areas such a sell ons
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletics-takeover-delay-is-preventing-transfer-plans-and-contract-talks-kicking-off/

We were told it [the takeover] was going to be happening in January and we couldn’t do anything because no one knew what was going on. We can’t afford a summer like that.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ask yourselves what is the rush,
    *and as long as this doesn't drag on until July/August then there is still plenty of time to sort out squad.
    This is so short sighted.

The longer we are stuck with Robinson the less time a decent manager has to look at:

- What they have in the squad

- Analyse player potential

- Decide on what deadwood needs releasing/selling

- Finding what player options there are to replace/improve upon current players

- Building a management, coaching and scouting team.

- Working out the best formations (plural) to get the best out of the players

Quite a lot of work that needs to be done long before the transfer window opens, then on getting into a position we are ready for the new season...
    Agree totally. Getting the off-field stuff right will also take time. If we don't get new owners by the end of the season then next season's campaign can be virtually written-off. That may seem overly dramatic but it is indicative of the amount of planning required for a club to be successful on and off the filed.
  • Options
    Good post 3blokes but as far as I am concerned KR was a crap manager, is a crap manager and always will be a crap manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This.
  • Options
    Assurances mean nothing in Duchatelet’s world
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ask yourselves what is the rush,
    *and as long as this doesn't drag on until July/August then there is still plenty of time to sort out squad.
    This is so short sighted.

The longer we are stuck with Robinson the less time a decent manager has to look at:

- What they have in the squad

- Analyse player potential

- Decide on what deadwood needs releasing/selling

- Finding what player options there are to replace/improve upon current players

- Building a management, coaching and scouting team.

- Working out the best formations (plural) to get the best out of the players

Quite a lot of work that needs to be done long before the transfer window opens, then on getting into a position we are ready for the new season...

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletics-takeover-delay-is-preventing-transfer-plans-and-contract-talks-kicking-off/

We were told it [the takeover] was going to be happening in January and we couldn’t do anything because no one knew what was going on. We can’t afford a summer like that.

See - Just what I said... Roland/Katrien/David/Richard/Tea Lady I'm available and unlike Curbs I am willing to take a job in league 1.
  • Options
    Yes, you can agree on a price but not the detail I suppose e.g. what's included. Two potential buyers strengthened Duchatelet's hand but I presume it is now weakened and it could even be the buyer moving the goalposts. I personally hope he gets as little as he deserves for the club.
  • Options
    If it gets the deal done finally then I could not care less if he somehow walked away with a healthy profit, as at this stage I just want a fresh start under a more regular owner, so I can get back to just being a fan & enjoying the football for better or worse.
  • Options
    Reading the above and the more I think about it, it sounds like Murray and Robbo have been spun a yarn.

It all read odd at the time but it's seeming more and more like lies from the Belgium side, which in fairness Murray should have spotted and questioned. Trouble is we all want good news so are looking for it, whether it is there or not.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!