Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I don't know whether to be happy, sad or indifferent now !
  • Options
    If you really want something, sometimes you pay over the odds to get it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

If either of the parties was seriously interested in us and were also seriously wealthy then £25m or £45m wouldn't really be a problem. If they are that mega rich and have visions of the Premiership then they know they will be getting Premier league money in a few years and therefore the club would be worth a lot more than currently.

What this tells me is neither interested party has mega wealth because in the grand scheme of things - ie Premier league money - £25m isn't that much

Well by that reasoning he might as well hold out for £100M.
    As I say - If I had billions in the bank I'd pay £50m for something worth £25m if I was confident that I'd be picking up £200m a year in a couple of years as opposed to nothing by not going for it.

He wants £45m or £50m

I know seriously wealthy people don't get where they are by being daft with money - but I bet you they've all taken calculated risks to get where they are. That's what we are. If you were confident of bankrolling us into the Premier league then this additional £25m woulddn't peturb you...provided you were mega rich in the first place
    No one is making £200m a year in the Prem ?
    Who is making money after wages , transfer fees etc have been paid ??
  • Options

Sounds like Duchatelet wants to hold onto rights to player fees like he did with Batshuayi at Standard Liege. I'm sure our fully competent friends at the FA and EFL wouldn't allow that form of third party ownership.

I don't think it is third-party ownership? If, for example, RD was entitled to a fixed sum or a percentage of any fee for Konsa, I'm not sure it would be any different from Charlton being due a sell-on from Liverpool for Gomez. Or that money being due to a bank on receipt. Nobody would argue that Charlton - or the bank - currently "own" Gomez.
    Technically not but it shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.
  • Options

Poissbly united now and city in the future?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

If either of the parties was seriously interested in us and were also seriously wealthy then £25m or £45m wouldn't really be a problem. If they are that mega rich and have visions of the Premiership then they know they will be getting Premier league money in a few years and therefore the club would be worth a lot more than currently.

What this tells me is neither interested party has mega wealth because in the grand scheme of things - ie Premier league money - £25m isn't that much

As I say - If I had billions in the bank I'd pay £50m for something worth £25m if I was confident that I'd be picking up £200m a year in a couple of years as opposed to nothing by not going for it.

He wants £45m or £50m

I know seriously wealthy people don't get where they are by being daft with money - but I bet you they've all taken calculated risks to get where they are. That's what we are. If you were confident of bankrolling us into the Premier league then this additional £25m woulddn't peturb you...provided you were mega rich in the first place
    I agree - They can sell us for a lot more than they bought us for.

At the end of the day I have no idea why anyone would buy a football team anyway - they are just a cash cow.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

He wants £45m or £50m

I agree - They can sell us for a lot more than they bought us for.

At the end of the day I have no idea why anyone would buy a football team anyway - they are just a cash cow.

1. You are ignoring the losses they build up getting to the PL which are likely to be considerable and would not surprise if over £100M just to stand a chance.

2. How is a business which runs at a loss of 10m pa outside the PL a ‘cash cow’?

No wonder the contracting business sees so many company failures !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

DRAddick said:

Swisdom said:

He wants £45m or £50m

You won't be picking up 200m a year in a couple of years though. You'd only get that if we were promoted 2 years running (which is unlikely) and you'd need to buy pretty much a whole new squad on top of the 50m purchase price to get us there. So given that some championship sides are now spending upwards of 15m on a player, how much extra is that going to cost you?

You will almost inevitably lose money, so starting out by paying 25m over the odds isn't a great starting point.
  • Options
    It's not happening is it? My celebratory Pot Noodle is not needed....
  • Options
    Four hundred and eighty five pages.
  • Options

Of unadulterated hearsay, bullshit, fantasy, argument AND Kerry Katona...
  • Options
    Probably another 485 more pages to go as well! Mostly about pot noodles and Kerry Katona and the validity of @DOUCHER ' responses
  • Options
    Did someone mention Kerry Katona?

• Options
    My eyes are hurting. Is that a would ya pic?

Yes, 4 pints (revised down from 5)
  • Options
    Well, that’s my stress handled for a few minutes.

So, this takeover, where exactly are we with it again?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Good Grief !!!!!!! The earlier version it's a yes, this is not pleasant, it's quite put me off my Vol au vents
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Much more to come though - I hear on the grapevine that Henners gets a promote when it hits 5,000 pages.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Largest bid is 25mill, no one's upping their bid. That's where we are!

and that's all he should get. Carry on RD and spend more money on a thorn in your side, or be a prick and believe someone is stupid to pay more
  • Options

re the latest KK pic , I'm waiting for ValleyGary's response before I agree with him

i'm with him on kk, but he needs his head testing re: katie hopkins
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    I am only 4ft 11 so I would only come up to her......
  • Options

Did someone mention Kerry Katona?

How can she keep yo-yo-ing as she does?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    How can someone so chunky have a visible 6 pack ??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!