Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• But there've been no bids say some!

@nth london addick is big and ugly enough to fight his own corner but he said no firm offers.
  • Just out of interest does anyone know anything of the consortium behind Paul Elliott??

Bloke called Muir apparently behind it.
  • So RM has said that he "Has" to sign a non disclosure agreement. Does that mean that he hasn't signed one yet then?
  • cfgs said:

cabbles said:

Pot noodles are okay but there’s always that residue on the bottom where the hot water hasn’t seeped all the way through quickly enough to convert it from dry to wet and edible

This may not be an issue if you use a microwave.

You are meant to stir it.
    I don’t think there is anyone on this site who doesn’t know how to stir it good and proper.
  • Reckon I’m looking good for Feb 13th. Sounds as if we’re talking next week or week after that at a push.
  • cafc999 said:

So RM has said that he "Has" to sign a non disclosure agreement. Does that mean that he hasn't signed one yet then?

It means he can't name specific people.
    Which he hasn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

Can we also invent new words here?
    How about disimminentation - the slow realisation that something is not actually about to happen any minute soon.

How about antidisimminentation - the quiet growing hope that it might be a bit imminent afterall.
  • cfgs said:

cabbles said:

Pot noodles are okay but there’s always that residue on the bottom where the hot water hasn’t seeped all the way through quickly enough to convert it from dry to wet and edible

I always do (or did). There would always be a residue
  • RM has always struck me as an optimist, publicly at least, which is no bad thing as the public face of a company.

He's also very experienced, and good, at telling people what they want to hear.

That's not to say that he's lying in anyway. In any case what he says tally's with other sources.

But clearly, a deals not been done, a final price and/ or schedule of payments/ contingent payments not agreed.

Until that happens it's no deal. And as Murray says, there is now no urgency for the buyer.

The best news, imho, is that it is a lock, stock and barrel deal so we can drop the conspiracy theories.

WIOTOS

From what I’ve heard it’s further forward than that.
    In what way?

Because if all that has been agreed then what is holding it up?
  • edited February 2018

“I have to sign a non-disclosure agreement so that means I can’t reveal names or certain other information.

“As far as I know, and I’m not kept in touch blow by blow, we still have two interested parties, I still believe one interested party is far closer to doing a deal because I think they are very close on price with Roland.

“I think the price now is not going to hold up the deal which has got to be good news.”

When asked if he knew how much the bid was Murray explained he did know but wasn’t allowed to say.

On timing Murray said that he still felt February was the most likely month

“As far as timing is concerned, I did say to our staff down at the training ground that I hoped or thought February was the most likely month. As typically happens, once the transfer window is closed we have an interesting situation. Charlton and probably most clubs in this division, lose a substantial amount of money each month, so the onus is on Roland to do a deal as soon as possible but the onus isn’t so much on the buyer because they can’t influence the club too much other than relaunching it. January ending does remove one obvious good point to get involved.”

When asked if Roland Duchatelet would keep the ground and training ground

“I heard this thing that Roland was keeping The Valley and selling the club, no, not that I’m aware.

“To my knowledge this (the sale) would be lock, stock and barrel.

“The training ground for any buyer is quite key as well. They realise that for a club like us the academy is essential and I think Jason (Morgan, chair of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust) is aware that the Trust is very much one of the assets which they (potential buyers) feel is linked to Charlton and can be expanded even further than it has been already.”

When asked if the new owners would consider a move away from The Valley

“From the talks I’ve had it has never once been even mentioned.”

Murray added he would look to ensure fans remain updated during the process.

For more on the Fans’ Forum and to read minutes from previous meetings click here

You can stick your bite sized thread up your arse

Encouraging news just when we needed it @AFKABartram. Thanks!

Just one thought..

If price is no longer a factor in holding up the deal I wonder what is?Made me think that this could bedone and dusted before the 21 Feb date many of you have branded about.
    It’s the chips.
  • cafc999 said:

So RM has said that he "Has" to sign a non disclosure agreement. Does that mean that he hasn't signed one yet then?

It means he can't name specific people.
    Which he hasn't.
    I know how it works as I have signed several in the past.

What I am trying to say that he stated the he "has" to sign one which is different to having "Signed" one.
  • I hope the lock, stock and barrel deal includes Murray disappearing as well.

And I hope it won’t mean Vinny Jones is the new manager.
  • cabbles said:

cfgs said:

cabbles said:

I always do (or did). There would always be a residue
    Losing track here...are we still talking Pot Noodles??
  • Sponsored links:

• RM has always struck me as an optimist, publicly at least, which is no bad thing as the public face of a company.

He's also very experienced, and good, at telling people what they want to hear.

That's not to say that he's lying in anyway. In any case what he says tally's with other sources.

But clearly, a deals not been done, a final price and/ or schedule of payments/ contingent payments not agreed.

Until that happens it's no deal. And as Murray says, there is now no urgency for the buyer.

The best news, imho, is that it is a lock, stock and barrel deal so we can drop the conspiracy theories.

WIOTOS

From what I’ve heard it’s further forward than that.
    In what way?

Because if all that has been agreed then what is holding it up?
    Don’t know, perhaps the buyer is now approaching the ex-directors to see if that can be tidied up too, but agreement has been reached with RD.
    Is that confirmed or just one source?

Fingers crossed
  • I think Murray’s comments must be pretty close to the truth. He’s going to look very foolish if what he’s told the staff, Trust and Fans Forum is too way off the mark.

Probably the first time I’ve even considered the possibility that this may well come to some form of an end.
    What....this thread you mean :smile:
  • I feel strange. Been hopefully and avidly following all this stuff day by day but now have reached the tipping point of not giving a chite. I suppose it is because the transfer window has shut.
  • So, looking good then but... who are the two parties and where is redhenry?

Aussie Muir and his mega, super, crazy rich lot I hope.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!