Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2017
    cfgs said:

Anyway we will all know more tomorrow when it is all done and dusted........or we will all be grabbing pitchforks and chasing @Henry Irving ;)

Is it not possible to do both ?

(Only joking @Henry Irving :wink:
  • Options

Never trust anyone who spells Guess with a Q!

From the Oxbridge English Dictionary. Quess - to seek an answer but then give best guess when you don't really know it. First used in 2004 by the setters of Libor rates. Thought to be derived from an amalgamation of guess (to make an estimate) and quest (a mission to find out the truth).
    Alright then. Someone who says `being kept very quite'
  • Options

If the Aussies leaked it I can only think it was to let other clubs they are talking to know they are speaking with us and focus their minds. Would not surprise me to see them buy QPR or something in the next couple of weeks.

QPR are owned by one of the richest families in the world though?
  • Options

sm said:

Did anyone notice this in yesterday's Guardian - perhaps RD is selling us as a job lot.

"DDMC also owns the Chinese club Chongqinq Lifan and is close to announcing the acquisition of two others, one in Belgium, the other in England."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/14/tony-adams-manager-granada-winston-wolfe

Chongqing Lifan/Charlton Life.

Now we know where @LoOkOuT and @AFKABartram have been spending all our premium service CL and access to other people's inbox fees.
    Hem
  • Options

From the Oxbridge English Dictionary. Quess - to seek an answer but then give best guess when you don't really know it. First used in 2004 by the setters of Libor rates. Thought to be derived from an amalgamation of guess (to make an estimate) and quest (a mission to find out the truth).
    I think the grammar, spelling and punctuation police are rubbing their hands with glee thinking of the overtime they will be getting for this.
  • Options

I think the grammar, spelling and punctuation police are rubbing their hands with glee thinking of the overtime they will be getting for this.
    Too fucking right.
  • Options

Whi?
  • Options

Bank holiday weekend, people are bored.
  • Options

Overtime at time and a half then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does that still exist?
  • Options

Does that still exist?
    Probably not but never let the facts get in the way of a mediocre joke.
  • Options
    Anyone see who was in the directors box?
  • Options
    Someone must have heard something today ?
  • Options

• Options
    Did KM have a meet and greet today?
  • Options

Are you also Airman in disguise ;0) ?

• Options

I always have my antenna up but heard nothing at all.
  • Options

Turkish delight?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone see who was in the directors box?

Nothing specific. Was quite packed. Nobody wearing green and yellow.
  • Options

Turkish delight?

Say what you see.
  • Options
    Oh great, erdogan (great guy by the way) is buying us?
  • Options
    Halix said:

I noticed Katrien was wearing a corked hat and calling everyone Bruce.

I noticed that as well! Weird

• Options
    No drama mate, no drama.
  • Options
    I'm not sure Scwarzer knows what's going on. Sounds like he advised them when they were first looking to England and that's it. Interesting he has doubts regarding their concept though.
  • Options

I'm not sure Scwarzer knows what's going on. Sounds like he advised them when they were first looking to England and that's it. Interesting he has doubts regarding their concept though.

Exactly, typical journo spin. At no point does he say they are eyeing other clubs.

It has occurred to me just now though, what are the chances the Mail got wind of this consortium and it's just 2+2?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Exactly, typical journo spin. At no point does he say they are eyeing other clubs.

It has occurred to me just now though, what are the chances the Mail got wind of this consortium and it's just 2+2?
    Possible, but it sounds like there is substance to the story as The Mail contacted @CARD which @Airman Brown confirmed on this thread I believe.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!