Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone notice this in yesterday's Guardian - perhaps RD is selling us as a job lot.

"DDMC also owns the Chinese club Chongqinq Lifan and is close to announcing the acquisition of two others, one in Belgium, the other in England."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/14/tony-adams-manager-granada-winston-wolfe
  • Options
    sm said:

Did anyone notice this in yesterday's Guardian - perhaps RD is selling us as a job lot.

"DDMC also owns the Chinese club Chongqinq Lifan and is close to announcing the acquisition of two others, one in Belgium, the other in England."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/14/tony-adams-manager-granada-winston-wolfe

Chongqing Lifan/Charlton Life.

Now we know where @LoOkOuT and @AFKABartram have been spending all our premium service CL and access to other people's inbox fees.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

sm said:

Chongqing Lifan/Charlton Life.

Now we know where @LoOkOuT and @AFKABartram have been spending all our premium service CL and access to other people's inbox fees.
    Surely that's being ploughed back into the site to make it a category one forum? You, know, one where a moderator cant just close a thread on a whim.
    That's what they say but where are the promised improvements? Lol and like options to massage Admin egos (can't flag them though) but the interactive services, blogs and streaming they promised three years ago are nowhere to be seen.
  • Options
    sm said:

Don't think Duchatelet would Sell STTV, he's only recently just bought them back!

Had it been Ujpest or alcorcon then possibly
  • Options
    That does seem a it too coincidental to be false, what other clubs in England have even been subject to rumours recently? I'm sure RD would keep Stayen and milk the real estate without having to fund the club itself. Sounds possible.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

The other question is why would Roland want to keep the ground? He may be able to extract rent, but that would take him decades to do as any higher rent would surely drive an owner to seek a new ground. He can't develop commercially like he has at St Truiden as the Valley isn't in a city centre location where leisure/business premises make sense, it's in a residential side street. And as mentioned many time, access is a major problem for any sort of redevelopment and there for an expensive problem to solve, thus removing any profit from potential developments.

The only possible reason to keep the ground is either to spite the fans and/or as security against future payments contingent on football success. That being the case, charging a high rent would go against his own interests as it would materially harm changes of on-field success that would lead him seeing some of his money back. I can't see how he could possibly charge in rent any more than the bare minimum interest on the money he has "loaned" the club, so in essence he wouldn't be getting any of his money back.

Thanks, this is the point I am trying to make. If Duchatelet is planning on keeping the Valley to be spiteful, he won't be able to sell. A clever buyer will offer a chance of a return for a VERY reasonable rent!
  • Options
    I seem to have missed something. Has solid evidence emerged that this is more than a rumour?
  • Options

I seem to have missed something. Has solid evidence emerged that this is more than a rumour?

Trust me, it is not just a rumour that we are being sold.
  • Options

Read the first two posts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't trust the Daily Mail!
  • Options

Well Mark Schwarzer was quizzed about it and he didn't deny it.
  • Options
    This all reminds me of the sainsbury takeover bid and the Harris rumours. Seems like some ones leaked the info to flush some one out, certainly to encourage others to bid or up their bidding.

I'd also think that the valley would usually be part of a takeover deal, the only real reason is AFC not having the funds for the valley.
  • Options

He played it down though, said the consortium had been looking at a few clubs. He didn't seem to know much about it.
  • Options

He played it down though, said the consortium had been looking at a few clubs. He didn't seem to know much about it.
    I think he was just trying to play Charlton down as he can't really say anything if it's on going, the fact he did not say no and how it was clear he was being very careful to what he said said it all for me
  • Options

I think he was just trying to play Charlton down as he can't really say anything if it's on going, the fact he did not say no and how it was clear he was being very careful to what he said said it all for me
    Precisely.

If they were not interested they would have said.
  • Options

Picked this up from FB this morning, it was posted about 11 hours ago, make of it what you will, I have no idea if true or a WUM or just wishful thinking-:

I had a phone call today from my ex brother in law but it is all hear say, there is definitely something going on and it is not the aussie s, all the players that are on our wage bill abroad have gone. Robbo and Barker are looking for new jobs and cafc are recruiting for senior management jobs in have heard that from several people But who is buying us it is being kept very quite but I have heard it is very close my quess it is one of two red bull or the kuwaits but as I said it is a quess.

I wonder if Red Bull have the dough to afford The Valley......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Precisely.

If they were not interested they would have said.
    Possibly, but what I'm wondering is this: what evidence has anyone seen to convince them that this is happening? I haven't seen any, but I suppose all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

• Options

Picked this up from FB this morning, it was posted about 11 hours ago, make of it what you will, I have no idea if true or a WUM or just wishful thinking-:

I had a phone call today from my ex brother in law but it is all hear say, there is definitely something going on and it is not the aussie s, all the players that are on our wage bill abroad have gone. Robbo and Barker are looking for new jobs and cafc are recruiting for senior management jobs in have heard that from several people But who is buying us it is being kept very quite but I have heard it is very close my quess it is one of two red bull or the kuwaits but as I said it is a quess.

Seen this guy's stuff on Facebook before.

Lots of words, no substance.
  • Options

Seen this guy's stuff on Facebook before.

Lots of words, no substance.
    Ok @Henry Irving thanks for that, like I said I wasn't sure but thought it worth posting.
  • Options

Ex brother in law? Says it all.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I am afraid that having RD as an owner of the ground, really does worry me. I appreciate that it might make a 'deal' with a lease back arrangement dependent on future years more viable. But I have little regard for this owner in being a reasonable landlord, or being anything more than seeing this as a business deal, and therefore will only pursue the dollar\pound \euro.

I would never say never move from the Valley for the benefit of the club. But for me it would not be something that I would sign up to. To me playing somewhere else would break my ties and bonds with the club. I would see it as a team called Charlton playing in Essex\Dartford?, wherever. Of course it is a partly irrational logic, but then I was born in Charlton, and although I moved away myself I am afraid it would simply be non negotiable.

I have yet to hear the business case, or even a sound business model to this new Jerusalem, although I am sure some individual could draft up a 'powerpoint presentation' and tell us all of compelling wonderland, wether it be a rich Arab Sheik, or Bill Gate's with his billions.

Not really Charlton though is it?...... well not for me anyway.

• Options

Never trust anyone who spells Guess with a Q!

Didn't notice that @carly burn good spot
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!