Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Cherrio luv thanks for the memories & inadvertently reigniting my love for our club but as much as I’ve loved you I hope I never see you again! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Is this really how we want this all to end? Surely there are a few more fish puns we can muster up
    No No No.

Can i mention John Dory who was prepared to swim against the Current to express his views.
  • Options
    Aussies.
    Saudi's
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kronke 
    Harris
    Varney
    Red Henry's lot
    Muir on his own
    David Beckham
    Farwazi
    English consortium
    Kenyon
    Roland's son
    Americans
    Chinese

Have I missed anyone?

Forgot all about the Rio rumour. Those were the days.
    What a thread, i wonder how long it would take to read it all from the beginning.
    Will the Belgian graffitti artist ever be known?
  • Options
    Aussies.
    Saudi's
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kronke 
    Harris
    Varney
    Red Henry's lot
    Muir on his own
    David Beckham
    Farwazi
    English consortium
    Kenyon
    Roland's son
    Americans
    Chinese

Have I missed anyone?

Forgot all about the Rio rumour. Those were the days.
    What a thread, i wonder how long it would take to read it all from the beginning.
    Will the Belgian graffitti artist ever be known?
    That will be like the, ‘who shot JR’, of Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Such a sad way to fin ish. :'(
  • Options
    Highlight of this thread for me has to be the Sue Parkes 'it's happening' gif file.
  • Options
    Some kind of stats from the thread, if possible, would be great. Top poster, most liked etc etc 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Goodbye Big Long thread
    though I hardly read you at all
    you had the posts to carry on
    while Aussie bids all stalled

Goodbye Big Long Thread
    from an old bloke with his bovril in a flask
    you had the grace to give us hope
    Exactly what more could we ask?

And so on👍🏻
    Anyway, bye Takeover thread, let’s meet up in the year 3000 and laugh about it all.
    Mind how you go 👍🏻
    ( this new batch is great! 🤪)
  • Options
    So long, and thanks for all the fish. 
  • Options

Not sure why this thread has to be killed off. Never really thought about it before but assumed old, decaying threads just ended up somewhere in the ‘...100>>’ bit of the front page. Seems this one is off to Dignitas. 

I’ve read every post on this thread. Initially because it was the best place for informed and uninformed rumour about the takeover. The thread has been informative (who knew you could ‘cook’ Pot Noodles in the microwave!), humorous, and sometimes frustrating. I am grateful to those posters genuinely ITK who stuck their necks out to share what they knew - or thought they knew.

I’ve spent far too much time trying to follow the twists and turns of the takeover through this thread, only to learn of the ‘done deal’ through Olly’s tweet. I immediately checked the takeover thread to verify it. The official site had crashed!

So kill off the thread if you must. But remember that with Charlton, disappointment is never far away. 

• Options
    Some kind of stats from the thread, if possible, would be great. Top poster, most liked etc etc 
    Go ahead... you’ve got about 27 & a half hours and 2256 pages. Chop chop!
  • Options
    Is this thread going to be deleted completely or just archived ready for the next takeover?
  • Options
    Go ahead... you’ve got about 27 & a half hours and 2256 pages. Chop chop!
    Will get right to it 

(not really)
  • Options
    Shouldn’t we wait until the takeover is complete?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thread was never the same since my survey was deleted without any reason or explanation,outrageous!!!
  • Options

• Options
    What is great about this thread is that, Having read this thread from start to finish , I am now a qualified real estate agent.
    I know it’s incredible, who would have thought it, with all these fish puns I’ve become an overnight expert in ichthyology ( the study of fish science).
  • Options
    It’s the elephant in the room (not a camel).

Everyone is staring at their shoes, not wanting to be the bold one to face it, but sometimes you just need to take a deep breath, shoulders back and face the truth...

We need to say goodbye to the Takeover Thread. 

It feels like one of the family, an almost perminent piece of furniture in our Charlton Life lives. We’ve shared laughs, tears, tingles and a lot of fish. 

Monday at 10pm we will close the thread for the final time. Not temporary because of something libellous or two middle age wallies are threatening a pillow fight, but for good. Ah Revior, Auf Weidesen, Goodbye.

Lets make the last two days of the takeover thread a happy period of mirth and celebration. A nostalgic look back to the good times, the highlights, the fish puns. 

What’s been your highlights? 
    Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37nwLhIA1zs

• Options
    Why does it have to be closed? Do we routinely close threads or is it a bit of jealousy from some ;). Well done @henryirving and all who posted!
  • Options
    Thankyou everyone for all those lost hours vainly scouring this thread to find out the latest takeover news only to have to shift through petty squabbles, irrelevant sidetracking, fallings out, group love ins, cliques, counter cliques, fish jokes and much much more.

We got there in the end.  Adios, Adieu, bon voyage and may your God(s) go with you...
    Exactly. It wouldn’t be CL without all the bits that were nothing to do with the matter in hand. 
  • Options
    Why does it have to be closed? Do we routinely close threads or is it a bit of jealousy from some ;). Well done @henryirving and all who posted!
    Agree. Why close it? If it becomes irrelevant it will just drift down the pages like all other threads.
  • Options
    Alas poor Takeover Thread,
    I knew it, Horatio.
  • Options
    • All I sea are bass-icaly cod awful puns!
    • Goodbye old friend
  • Options
    goodnight ………………………..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!