Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    *****Post Sale of Charlton thread, here we come!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Kill it now, kill it with fire 🔥
  • Options
    Going to need a new hobby with all the free time I now have.
  • Options
    Good bye old friend, will miss you 😘 
  • Options
    This thread had what all great stories have. 

It had an inciting incident...  

A nasty enemy...

Heroes and 'interesting' characters...

Battles...

Obstacles to overcome...

Surprises and disappointments...

And at one point a total loss of hope. 

But here we are with a happy ending! 

COYR
  • Options
    Thank god it’s over 
  • Options
    I think this whole thread should be made into book form, to be read for years to come. It can’t be allowed to fade into folklore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all love a "happy ending"  ;)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    A friend of mine works in the media team at Brighton and he says there’s nobody called David in their department. 

pg 1736.

Dazzler was convinced he'd got a scoop from some bloke called David in a Brighton tracksuit on the train. Only to be shot down ruthlessly.
    Bloody oddball had me convinced.
  • Options
    Goodbye.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Rest in peace old friend...

• Options
    "Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duty, and so bear ourselves, that if Charlton Life lasts a thousand years, people will still say that this 'was their finest thread' ".
    KBO everyone - 'Keep buggering on'.
  • Options
    Who will be the last person to post on this thread? IMO, @Henry Irving started it so it”s on right he has the last word
  • Options
    Life will never be the same again, farewell old friend........
  • Options
    Can someone please tell Andrew Muir, he’s still at Charlton train station trying to flog the scarves he got from the club shop in order to raise funds to complete the takeover.
  • Options
    Goodbye takeover thread, you’ve wasted much of my life and been the cause of being moaned at for being on that ‘poxy Charlton Life’ many a time...

Just like now 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evidently, there are many posters who have only ever posted on this thread.
  • Options
    When does the new one start?
  • Options
    "Mum are we there yet ?"

"Yes we are dear"

"Why did it take 31 months to get here mum ?"

"Because as the daddy of this thread said,
    We are in for a bumpy ride"

" So has the strange man who was like the Invisible man and never came to the Valley gone mum?"

"No, he is still the landlord for a few months longer, as ESI wanted to be in charge for the start of this window"

" Is it like when Dad has finished in the Loo and we have to give it 10 minutes before we can go in  mum?" 

" Yes Dear, the crap has gone but the smell lingers on"

"If ESI have been in charge 27 days and the window is open why haven't we bought any players other than Andre Green on day one on loan?"

" Wait to February 1st and it will all become clear"

" Why was a House analogy used as an example mum ?"

" Because most of CL members have learning problems because they were always playing truant and don't understand big business"

" Are our new owners from the UAE loaded with money mum?"

"Yes and No, they will pay about 55 million when all the T's are crossed and the i are dotted but they won't spend like Man city despite going to the same family weddings"

" How are we going to be in the Premier in Five years if we can't get League 1 players to sign?"

" It's like quantum mechanics, you can't see wave-particle duality taking place, but Steve Gallen will magic up some players"

"But, Dad said you can't polish a turd?"

" Wait until  February1st to evaluate whether we had a good window " 

"I'm having a look around and this new era of CAFC looks the same as before mum"

"At the Barnsley game, you will feel the atmosphere and know things are better, and we have taken our first small step"

"Can i say goodbye to the Sale of Charlton thread now mum?"

"Yes, you just did"

Genius, but the work of someone with too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    This thread had what all great stories have. 

It had an inciting incident...  

A nasty enemy...

Heroes and 'interesting' characters...

Battles...

Obstacles to overcome...

Surprises and disappointments...

And at one point a total loss of hope. 

But here we are with a happy ending! 

COYR
    So this is where Mendes got the plot for 1917.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Who will be the last person to post on this thread? IMO, @Henry Irving started it so it”s on right he has the last word
    I’d rather spend the whole weekend squeezed into a lift with Vanessa Felz when she is feeling both chatty and randy. 
  • Options
    lets hope this thread can remain buried for a long long time - cremate it just in case
  • Options
    mrbligh said:
    This website from three years ago is still up and running.  Weird, as in weird.
  • Options
    Rest in peace old friend...

Can we please have a second opinion if the person in the ground has passed away as they have already put it on WhatsApp.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!