Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It’s the elephant in the room (not a camel).

Everyone is staring at their shoes, not wanting to be the bold one to face it, but sometimes you just need to take a deep breath, shoulders back and face the truth...

We need to say goodbye to the Takeover Thread. 

It feels like one of the family, an almost perminent piece of furniture in our Charlton Life lives. We’ve shared laughs, tears, tingles and a lot of fish. 

Monday at 10pm we will close the thread for the final time. Not temporary because of something libellous or two middle age wallies are threatening a pillow fight, but for good. Ah Revior, Auf Weidesen, Goodbye.

Lets make the last two days of the takeover thread a happy period of mirth and celebration. A nostalgic look back to the good times, the highlights, the fish puns. 

What’s been your highlights? 
    Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
    Don’t you mean ‘Just sell the thread and Eff Off’ 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Everyone is staring at their shoes, not wanting to be the bold one to face it, but sometimes you just need to take a deep breath, shoulders back and face the truth...

It feels like one of the family, an almost perminent piece of furniture in our Charlton Life lives. We’ve shared laughs, tears, tingles and a lot of fish. 

Monday at 10pm we will close the thread for the final time. Not temporary because of something libellous or two middle age wallies are threatening a pillow fight, but for good. Ah Revior, Auf Weidesen, Goodbye.

Lets make the last two days of the takeover thread a happy period of mirth and celebration. A nostalgic look back to the good times, the highlights, the fish puns. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
    Don’t you mean ‘Just sell the thread and Eff Off’ 

We need Nappa to do a valuation first.
  • Options
    Can we have some stats, e.g. top 5 most liked And LOL’d posts?
  • Options
    The thread might be closed, but itll never die!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can we have some stats, e.g. top 5 most liked And LOL’d posts?
    Unconfirmed 
  • Options
    All the fuss about reaching page 1000 and breaking the internet , or worse CL and the Pot Noddle and fish puns .
  • Options
    Thankyou everyone for all those lost hours vainly scouring this thread to find out the latest takeover news only to have to shift through petty squabbles, irrelevant sidetracking, fallings out, group love ins, cliques, counter cliques, fish jokes and much much more.

We got there in the end.  Adios, Adieu, bon voyage and may your God(s) go with you...
  • Options
    Aussies.
    Saudi's
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kronke 
    Harris
    Varney
    Red Henry's lot
    Muir on his own
    David Beckham
    Farwazi
    English consortium
    Kenyon
    Roland's son
    Americans
    Chinese

Have I missed anyone?

Red Bull
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aussies.
    Saudi's
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kronke 
    Harris
    Varney
    Red Henry's lot
    Muir on his own
    David Beckham
    Farwazi
    English consortium
    Kenyon
    Roland's son
    Americans
    Chinese

Have I missed anyone?

Usmanov
  • Options
    Great post TCE
  • Options
    Imagine the productivity this thread has killed since it was created!  When recession hits the idiots will blame Brexit, us CLers will know the truth!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    The love for this club being relit after meeting such passionate fans in and on route to Belgium, I genuinely believed I was done up to that point and being dragged to Eltham nick at the request of Charlton Athletic or at least someone within their employment being the lowest point.
    Being told to sign a piece of paper or potentially lose something my wife and I had worked so hard to gain and I had to fight back the tears knowing it was at risk and I was meeting NLA and GH for a pint afterwards. 😉
     Being picked up again by others within the club and it’s fans on the cycle ride to Amsterdam and various charity events we’d attended. 
    Finally stepping inside The Valley after the takeover was announced. While I won’t and can’t be a season ticket holder again, I will attend when finances permit and I won’t miss any of the games on tv.
    Seeing my journey with the Charlton family mapped out in front of me on the two page article written in the match day programme, the invitation to write it and I’d finally had the mental strength to say it although most was omitted as not suitable (by myself) and actually could have filled the entire issue on its own, my journey as a 6 year old with a troubled childhood finding a comfort blanket in our football club. 
    Now when I’m at The Valley be it inside or out, it’s home and it’s home with my family.
    Your football club, my football club, our football club.
    Cheers @T.C.E

Glad that article meant so much, I know how hard it was for you to put it down in writing.

A good reminder of how much this club means to so many and just how much damage was done by the regime, thankfully not terminal damage but still a lot to do.
  • Options
    Who was linked to us during the thread?

It started with those from down under, then we had the bloke from Arsenal, the bloke from Forest, Alex McLeish, Mark Curry from Blue Peter and then out of no where ESI... it’s been a journey...
  • Options
    Aussies.
    Saudi's
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kronke 
    Harris
    Varney
    Red Henry's lot
    Muir on his own
    David Beckham
    Farwazi
    English consortium
    Kenyon
    Roland's son
    Americans
    Chinese

Have I missed anyone?

Why yes, you have....................

• Options

I think this is out of order!...We should make AFKABartram walk the Plankton for that post,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame we won't make 8m views before the thread shuffles off its mortal coil.

• Options
    It’s been emotional. RIP Takeover Thread 
  • Options

Happy to have contributed. But stick a stake through its heart, just in case. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Aussies.
    Saudi's
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kronke 
    Harris
    Varney
    Red Henry's lot
    Muir on his own
    David Beckham
    Farwazi