Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Not happening today according to Olly.

I'm sure Olly is telling the truth, but when the news happens it'll break quickly, it's not as if they'll tell him days in advance. It'll be a "drop everything" moment for the Comms team
    That's a bit ridiculous tbh. The PR on this is not being handled by Charlton staff, but equally it's not a secret that would need to be concealed from them. If there was a press conference about Charlton today, they would have been told - not least by the media. Nobody in the media is coming to a "drop everything" event which tells them about something already in the pubic domain, especially at this time of year.
    I wasn't talking about an organised event though, just the announcement. When the takeover is confirmed, there will be an immediate statement published, indeed as it's the EFL who effectively are in control of the situation, it's most unlikely that Nimer and Heller will necessarily be around the club at that time anyway. 

Obviously any future press conference or "launch event" after the statement won't be kept a secret from Olly and the team.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Mañana Mañana.
    Didn’t know you spoke fluent Australian!
    G'day mate, Look,
    fair dickum, but I want this done s'arvo, she'll be right but we need a ripper.
    This takeover is taking longer than a pom searching his pockets when it's his round.
    Hasta la vista baby.

A Freudian slip which made me LOL so no way is it changing. This sale of Charlton is such a Carry on.

• Options
    Just seen these comments on FB, have no idea if any truth in it, or who the posters are but they seem certain of their info, make of it what you will-:

A.) Takeover will be announced Monday or Tuesday . Has been confirmed by inside sources . All done 👍

B.) On Monday by 5pm I’ve been told and the new owners will land In London tomorrow evening 😊 For Monday press conference and interviews with the media etc and Lee Bowyer and other contracts will be discussed from Tuesday or Wednesday 😊
    I'm certainly no expert but i would bet very good money that no one who posts on that facebook group has inside info
    This 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just seen these comments on FB, have no idea if any truth in it, or who the posters are but they seem certain of their info, make of it what you will-:

A.) Takeover will be announced Monday or Tuesday . Has been confirmed by inside sources . All done 👍

B.) On Monday by 5pm I’ve been told and the new owners will land In London tomorrow evening 😊 For Monday press conference and interviews with the media etc and Lee Bowyer and other contracts will be discussed from Tuesday or Wednesday 😊
    I'm certainly no expert but i would bet very good money that no one who posts on that facebook group has inside info
    Like I said in the original post, I've no idea if true, half-true or made up shit. I just copied and pasted what I'd seen and read on FB. If I'm honest I would believe A more than B, but A could be bollocks as well....who knows, I certainly don't!
  • Options
    Has anyone else heard anything about Wizz Air and a potential sponsorship?  They would be a good sponsor - and I can imagine a purple away/third shirt to go with it.  
  • Options
    Where’s this Wizzair thing come from ?
  • Options
    Wizzair one minute and gone the next  ;)
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hungary, I believe.
  • Options
    Wizz Air is a European-based airline and its UK subsidiary flies from Southend and Luton (where it's the airport's largest carrier). 

They have decided to launch their first, non-European airline.  And, to do so, they have just signed an agreement with Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company PJSC to set up another subsidiary in Abu Dhabi, with flights starting around the start of the 2020/21 football season. 

Abu Dhabi International Airport has signed the deal for the airline.  The Chairman of Abu Dhabi International Airports Group is His Ecxellency Sheikh Mohammed Bin Hamad Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan. 
  • Options

Like I said in the original post, I've no idea if true, half-true or made up shit. I just copied and pasted what I'd seen and read on FB. If I'm honest I would believe A more than B, but A could be bollocks as well....who knows, I certainly don't!
    Thanks for your insight 🤔
  • Options
    I'd never heard of Wizz Air

I thought someone was taking the piss.
    I'll still expect it to be WOW Air knowing our luck
  • Options
    Still not happy about this Craig character, that name sounds a bit too southern equatorial for my liking
  • Options
    Didnt know that about Wizz Air branching out into the Asian market

Be quite handy if they become our sponsor as they can charter our flights for the Champions League in a few years
    I think you'll find it's more likely they'll be chartering flights to the Anglo Arabic Cup, a rehash of the popular and very successful Anglo Italian Cup in the early mid 90s 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    When indeed this is confirmed they can make a decision based on which of the many companies they finance are used to sponsor out club. 

I suspect they already have sponsors and new players lined up once they have secured those they want to remain, very exciting times. Dont think we will see a pre season tour to Ireland this year, Abu Dhabi anyone? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Wizz Air is a European-based airline and its UK subsidiary flies from Southend and Luton (where it's the airport's largest carrier). 

They have decided to launch their first, non-European airline.  And, to do so, they have just signed an agreement with Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company PJSC to set up another subsidiary in Abu Dhabi, with flights starting around the start of the 2020/21 football season. 

Abu Dhabi International Airport has signed the deal for the airline.  The Chairman of Abu Dhabi International Airports Group is His Ecxellency Sheikh Mohammed Bin Hamad Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan. 
    That's not even our Sheik is it? Ours is Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan... Sounds like someone putting 2 and 2 together and then one of the 2s actually being a 5
  • Options
    I flew them quite regularly in my last job (in Budapest) and they were decent for a budget airline 

didn’t we see our man was supposedly in Budapest recently too?

maybe I’ve been whooshed but all seems plausible 
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Wizzair. Flown with them four or five times now. Always impressed. It’s the low cost arm of the Hungarian national carrier Malev. 
  • Options
    Wizz Air will be really handy sponsors when we become part of a network of clubs around Europe
  • Options
    Incidentally I notice that Nebojša Vignjević, aka Nobby Vinegar has been manager at Ujpest for 6 years now, mysterious how they've been so stable when compared to Roland's other clubs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!