Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It's Mardi gras.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Not happening today according to Olly.

Interesting post from Olly .
    ''Christmas shopping" is an anagram of' Christ, its happening'
    No it's not.
    What?
    Happening or Christmas? 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    MrWalker said:

Interesting post from Olly .
    ''Christmas shopping" is an anagram of' Christ, its happening'
    No it's not.
    What?
    Happening or Christmas? 
    Both.
  • Options

I'm sure Olly is telling the truth, but when the news happens it'll break quickly, it's not as if they'll tell him days in advance. It'll be a "drop everything" moment for the Comms team
    Let's hope ESI didn't get their "everything dropped" by the twunt when he got them to sign his deal.  The decrepit old liar might be a football fickwut but he knows a thing or two about selling expensive tat to the unwary.
  • Options
    If anyone doesn't believe we have a story prepped and waiting to be updated and published when the deal is completed, you're very naive. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Just to clarify, @TellyTubby. The protest fund is not closed and wont be until we see firm confirmation that the club has been sold. We did the "final" status report in preparation for this likelihood. Perhaps a little early, but quite a lot of people were asking about and speculating on what happens with the unspent funds.
    Thank you for the clarification @Davo55 sorry if I was a potential instigator of false information. That wasn't my intention. 
  • Options
    Mañana Mañana.
    Didn’t know you spoke fluent Australian!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Mañana Mañana.
    Didn’t know you spoke fluent Australian!
    G'day mate, Look,
    fair dickum, but I want this done s'arvo, she'll be right but we need a ripper.
    This takeover is taking longer than a pom searching his pockets when it's his round.
    Hasta la vista baby.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I'm sure Olly is telling the truth, but when the news happens it'll break quickly, it's not as if they'll tell him days in advance. It'll be a "drop everything" moment for the Comms team
    That's a bit ridiculous tbh. The PR on this is not being handled by Charlton staff, but equally it's not a secret that would need to be concealed from them. If there was a press conference about Charlton today, they would have been told - not least by the media. Nobody in the media is coming to a "drop everything" event which tells them about something already in the pubic domain, especially at this time of year.
  • Options

That's a bit ridiculous tbh. The PR on this is not being handled by Charlton staff, but equally it's not a secret that would need to be concealed from them. If there was a press conference about Charlton today, they would have been told - not least by the media. Nobody in the media is coming to a "drop everything" event which tells them about something already in the pubic domain, especially at this time of year.
    Why would the club organise anything? Surely this'd just be an announcement... Confirm the story on Social media and the website by slapping the "publish" button in a few places?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why would the club organise anything? Surely this'd just be an announcement... Confirm the story on Social media and the website by slapping the "publish" button in a few places?
    It’s called a press conference 
  • Options
    86 pages since the East St news broke.

Now close to 7.5m views

Greatest thread of all time

Size is not everything, that's what I always say
  • Options
    Did anyone else spot the Aussies collecting from the food bank on Friday, or just me ?
    Good spot. They were understandably discrete but wanted Vegemite instead of Marmite. Happy to be able to oblige. They hope to have enough money by Christmas to sail back home.
  • Options
    Did anyone else spot the Aussies collecting from the food bank on Friday, or just me ?
    Good spot. They were understandably discrete but wanted Vegemite instead of Marmite. Happy to be able to oblige. They hope to have enough money by Christmas to sail swim back home.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

A press conference in my opinion would happen after the announcement of completion. We're nowhere near important enough to call a press conference to declare our new owners. 
    This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These things don't get done by press conference, all a bit 2005
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

A press conference in my opinion would happen after the announcement of completion. We're nowhere near important enough to call a press conference to declare our new owners. 
    The discussion is only about a press conference because that was what was posted on FB. I agree that if the deal is ratified there will be a statement, written elsewhere, posted on the website but it is very likely a press conference will be called for the following day or days to allow the new owners to field questions. That will require notice, but the club holds press conferences all the time with only a handful of people usually there. 
    This one would probably get a Sky /local news camera but only by giving reasonable notice, which Olly would know about. Hence, yes to press conference, no to today. Supposing we are close to EFL approval.

The point is that the supposed press conference was flagged to show the deal was close to completion - but there isn’t one.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

The discussion is only about a press conference because that was what was posted on FB. I agree that if the deal is ratified there will be a statement, written elsewhere, posted on the website but it is very likely a press conference will be called for the following day or days to allow the new owners to field questions. That will require notice, but the club holds press conferences all the time with only a handful of people usually there. 
    This one would probably get a Sky /local news camera but only by giving reasonable notice, which Olly would know about. Hence, yes to press conference, no to today. Supposing we are close to EFL approval.

The point is that the supposed press conference was flagged to show the deal was close to completion - but there isn’t one.
    This clarifies what I was thinking. I remember the post a few pages back.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Just to clarify, @TellyTubby. The protest fund is not closed and wont be until we see firm confirmation that the club has been sold. We did the "final" status report in preparation for this likelihood. Perhaps a little early, but quite a lot of people were asking about and speculating on what happens with the unspent funds.
    You could use them to make some black & white scarves in case a) it doesn't happen or b) it goes horribly wrong after it does ;-)
  • Options
    Who's Craig?

• Options
    Who's Craig?

A fan who asked Richard Cawley if he has any updates on the takeover.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!