Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Love that TL.

As I said to you earlier, if anyone would know she would
    Yeo she’s well in with all the Emirates high flyers 
    interestingly they had the same opinion of the Aussies as you @carly burn
  • Options
    Any sign of the new chairman tonight?
    Yeah he just walked into the directors box. Murray's sucking up to him
    Have to hope this is Murray's last appearance at the club.  Once the takeover is complete those who enabled Duchatalet need to be sent packing so everyone can start with a clean slate
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there's a 14 or 28 day cooling off period ?
    Hopefully not.
  • Options
    RD must be crapping himself that it will fall through...
  • Options
    RD must be crapping himself that it will fall through...
    I know how he feels
  • Options
    EFL are busy processing 3 other takeovers apparently (Leeds, Macclesfield and A N Other) so a bit busy. Understandably given the heat they got over Bolton and Bury earlier this season they want to do things properly.

getting there 
  • Options
    I mean if they wanna buy us after these last few weeks of shit they  already feel a bit too clingy and needy ....
    they must be mad 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    EFL are busy processing 3 other takeovers apparently (Leeds, Macclesfield and A N Other) so a bit busy. Understandably given the heat they got over Bolton and Bury earlier this season they want to do things properly.

getting there 
    as well as a racism probe dating back to september.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it’s done by Xmas it’ll give everyone at the club a massive festive boost.

You could say that the next two weeks are crucial.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Well Guys. Just dropped off Amanda Staveley and her hubby. Now on route to The Valley. 
    Firstly she confirmed that the bid had nothing to do with her or our previous conversations (which she remembered) therefore I can take no credit 😕
    they both did however Sing the praises of our guys saying they’ll be nothing but good for us. They are people who strive to succeed and will invest to ensure that. We apparently have the right people to take us back to where we should be. She knows through her Man City connections what finances are required but had no qualms about their ability to fund getting us back to the prem. 
    Her hubby was at the Leeds game this season. Not sure if that was with our guys or not. 
    If she had been alone I might have questioned her more about how wealthy they are but with hubby there I didn’t want to. So I can’t confirm we are the next PSG/Man C but all sounds very positive and so far removed from Roland frickin Douchebag!!
    I can image you're like one of those Taxi drivers they use on the One Show who asks loads of questions. The only difference is you don't give them a free ride if they get the answers right 😀
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

getting there 
    Do they work on all four takeovers at the same time, or are we in a queue?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Well Guys. Just dropped off Amanda Staveley and her hubby. Now on route to The Valley. 
    Firstly she confirmed that the bid had nothing to do with her or our previous conversations (which she remembered) therefore I can take no credit 😕
    they both did however Sing the praises of our guys saying they’ll be nothing but good for us. They are people who strive to succeed and will invest to ensure that. We apparently have the right people to take us back to where we should be. She knows through her Man City connections what finances are required but had no qualms about their ability to fund getting us back to the prem. 
    Her hubby was at the Leeds game this season. Not sure if that was with our guys or not. 
    If she had been alone I might have questioned her more about how wealthy they are but with hubby there I didn’t want to. So I can’t confirm we are the next PSG/Man C but all sounds very positive and so far removed from Roland frickin Douchebag!!
    I can image you're like one of those Taxi drivers they use on the One Show who asks loads of questions. The only difference is you don't give them a free ride if they get the answers right 😀
    Too bloody right!!  It’s quite amazing that I’ve had 2 passengers (her and Keith Harris) who are able to give a little inside knowledge on parties trying to takeover our club. You don’t pass up that type of opportunity 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Worried from White Cliffs Land here.

I can't help seeing parallels between Zebel take over and this take over.

We had just between Stoke at the Valley one nil.I had gone back to Qatar and from nowhere we had become the richest side in the World.Front page news there.
    Our form.plummeted.
    Zebel pulled out after the wheels fell off the World economy.

Now from nowhere we are going to be potentially very wealthy .Our form has gone through the floor.
    Could they pull out ? Well with out getting political what happens if Corbyn wins on Thursday? Maybe billionaires might not want their dosh in the UK ?
    Or maybe the chance we might go down ?

This is CAFC  expect disappointment.

• Options
    Our form dipped well before this and due to the massive injury crisis. What worries me is that confidence will be in tatters by the time an cavalry arrives. Big test for Bowyer whatever happens.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Our form dipped well before this and due to the massive injury crisis. What worries me is that confidence will be in tatters by the time an cavalry arrives. Big test for Bowyer whatever happens.
    Results dipped but performance levels were still high given the circumstances. Performance levels since the announcement have fallen below acceptable, I don’t think this is a coincidence, this sort of change must affect player’s heads. Like all, I hope it doesn’t affect the sale. It shouldn’t as it’s still fundamentally the same club.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Results dipped but performance levels were still high given the circumstances. Performance levels since the announcement have fallen below acceptable, I don’t think this is a coincidence, this sort of change must affect player’s heads. Like all, I hope it doesn’t affect the sale. It shouldn’t as it’s still fundamentally the same club.
    I cannot see how it affects the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:
    I cannot see how it affects the players.
    I would say it could.

If big money is spent and six or seven new players come in where does that leave them?

As we see with Joe Ledley not always easy to get a new deal if you leave and not playing if you stay.
  • Options
    excellent piece that
  • Options
    The league is yet to arrange personal interviews with the relevant individuals

Didnt Cawley say that Interviews happened last week?

there was a lot of bickering among ourselves in the changing room that night [against Huddersfield] when Reza Ghoochannejhad got sent off.

Solly's finest moment for Charlton when he told Reza he'd never understand Charlton (apparently)
  • Options
    4 weeks seems ages!
  • Options
    That’s what I thought a bit strange. Maybe they mean not all interviews done?
  • Options
    razil said:
    What worries me is that confidence will be in tatters by the time an cavalry arrives.
    Who's confidence and when are the cavalry due? #xmashascomeearly
  • Options
    razil said:
    What worries me is that confidence will be in tatters by the time an cavalry arrives.
    Who's confidence and when are the cavalry due? #xmashascomeearly
    Yeah we'll be winning games at canter when the Cavalry arrives!! - Players will be chomping at the bit to be involved

Not to mention I'll be bridled with excitement at players not being forced to just saddle on!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!