Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

2013, The murder of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich, RIP. Andy Murray becomes the first British male to win the men's singles at Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936.
  • Options
    The price tag is still nonsense... but Footballing people, who know football, will see just how good Bowyer is... I mean he's clearly a footballing god

So now is the time, just step up, do it, put 10 million into the team and watch as we sail, frictionless, into the Big Time. 

• Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    Significant investment over 3-5 years you say.

If a deal got over the line by January I would hope the first things they do are to:

Tie Taylor down to a new contract
    Attempt to buy both Cullen & Gallagher.

But I'm not holding my breath. 

No way would Chelsea  sell Gallagher and no way would he be willing to sign for us.

• Options
    Six pages to go,
    Six pages ‘til takeover,
    One new rumour on this thread,
    Six pages ‘til takeover
  • Options

If a deal got over the line by January I would hope the first things they do are to:

And put Bowyer and his team on new long term deals
  • Options
    If only we knew 1000 pages back that this would get to 2019. How fuckin depressing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Serious question as I've jumped about 20 odd pages - Are there there still people rumoured to be interested?
  • Options
    Serious question as I've jumped about 20 odd pages - Are there there still people rumoured to be interested?
    Read from page 2010 onwards you lazy git
  • Options
    Only asked for quick update from people who lurk on this thread more often. Didn't realise you had to earn the knowledge
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Gutted I missed page 1995. Crazy to think @ForeverAddickted started secondary when I would only have been about 2-3 weeks old.

Just have to settle for being 2 in 1997.

The page numbers are the most exciting thing on this thread now.

I wonder if we get to page 2020 before the turn of the new year, the internet will just explode..?
    Everyone is waiting with baited breath to find out the year canters lost his virginity!
    Still waiting
    Yay!!!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Gutted I missed page 1995. Crazy to think @ForeverAddickted started secondary when I would only have been about 2-3 weeks old.

Just have to settle for being 2 in 1997.

The page numbers are the most exciting thing on this thread now.

I wonder if we get to page 2020 before the turn of the new year, the internet will just explode..?
    Everyone is waiting with baited breath to find out the year canters lost his virginity!
    Still waiting
    Yay!!!
    Are you really young, or ugly :D
  • Options
    Only asked for quick update from people who lurk on this thread more often. Didn't realise you had to earn the knowledge
    You dont have to learn the knowledge.....just the 2013 pages tis all
  • Options
    Mal said:
    Those were the days mate, logging onto this thread every hour of every day, hoping for a link to the os, confirming a take over had been completed. One thing I will say is that when I was on here, keeping informed, I wouldn't have thought twice about updating a member who asked what was  new

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Mal said:
    Those were the days mate, logging onto this thread every hour of every day, hoping for a link to the os, confirming a take over had been completed. One thing I will say is that when I was on here, keeping informed, I wouldn't have thought twice about updating a member who asked what was  new

GM has confirmed to poster Jimmy Seed, that a second bid has been made that is apparently ‘attractive to fans’
  • Options

Gallagher would reject a permanent move even if in some fantasy land we had the money to buy him. He’s gunning for the Chelsea first team next season and probably feels like he has a chance with Lampard in charge. We can’t compete with that.

My (total nonsense never happening because Roland will own us forever) priority list would be:

- Bowyer long term deal
    - Taylor extension on decent terms
    - Attempt to buy Cullen (they keep buying expensive midfielders and I can’t see them stopping...)
    - Go sign Karlan back from Huddersfield
    Serious question; How would people feel if we were to re-sign him after a takeover?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cardiff seem to be falling apart - that’s our best hope if u ask me - maybe dalmon is back in so rd has triggered the Aussie nonsense again for competition purposes 
  • Options

Who are you calling a lurker
  • Options

Gallagher would reject a permanent move even if in some fantasy land we had the money to buy him. He’s gunning for the Chelsea first team next season and probably feels like he has a chance with Lampard in charge. We can’t compete with that.

My (total nonsense never happening because Roland will own us forever) priority list would be:

- Bowyer long term deal
    - Taylor extension on decent terms
    - Attempt to buy Cullen (they keep buying expensive midfielders and I can’t see them stopping...)
    - Go sign Karlan back from Huddersfield
    Serious question; How would people feel if we were to re-sign him after a takeover?
    It would depend on how soon after the takeover we bought him. But if it were within a few weeks, I think most people would feel exactly the same way. Hungover.
  • Options
    Mal said:

I agree with you some ways, but remember, this has been going on for so long weve all got old, so cant remember what you ASKED.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Wasn’t sure about posting negativity when the football side is going so well. Met an old Charlton player last night who is a mate of LB. He didn’t ask not to be named, but I think best not to. Apparently Lee isn’t getting on too well with the owner at the moment. The owners complete lack of interest as well as the fact he is rarely available is causing problems. He thinks the frustration will boil over at some stage if there is no change in attitude from Duchatelet or the club is sold. I know this is probably not ground breaking information, but I thought it worth posting. If this sale doesn’t go through we will lose Bowyer.
    Let me rephrase that for you......If the sale doesn’t go through, we MAY lose Bowyer.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Wasn’t sure about posting negativity when the football side is going so well. Met an old Charlton player last night who is a mate of LB. He didn’t ask not to be named, but I think best not to. Apparently Lee isn’t getting on too well with the owner at the moment. The owners complete lack of interest as well as the fact he is rarely available is causing problems. He thinks the frustration will boil over at some stage if there is no change in attitude from Duchatelet or the club is sold. I know this is probably not ground breaking information, but I thought it worth posting. If this sale doesn’t go through we will lose Bowyer.
    Let me rephrase that for you......If the sale doesn’t go through, we MAY lose Bowyer.
    Let me correct you as to what I think will happen. We WILL lose Bowyer.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    masicat said:
    masicat said:
    Let me correct you as to what I think will happen. We WILL lose Bowyer.
    Have you got the lottery numbers for this coming weekend?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!