Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Rylo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I wonder what Murphy means by very attractive to the fans? Some kind of fan involvement?  Seems an interesting choice of wording. 
    Return of the sofa. You mark my words.
    Need to nick it back off Man U first.
  • Options
    It just goes to show how cynical we have become......very little response to JS’s post.
    A while back an announcement like this would have sent the thread into meltdown.

People just waiting for Rugby Semi final to finish ?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I wonder what Murphy means by very attractive to the fans? Some kind of fan involvement?  Seems an interesting choice of wording. 
    The offer document was delivered in a rare train. I’m actually salivating.
  • Options
    It just goes to show how cynical we have become......very little response to JS’s post.
    A while back an announcement like this would have sent the thread into meltdown.
    Well speaking for myself, whilst I respect and appreciate JS passing on his insider info I'm tired of wasting any more emotion on this shit until somebody announces definitively it's done.
    GM's words just sound like an empty platitude
  • Options
    Not really much to get excited about is there? All we know, apparently, is that a bid was rejected, and they're going back with a second one which will probably also be rejected. Nothing is on, even if we weren't jaded about the whole thing
  • Options
    Not really much to get excited about is there? All we know, apparently, is that a bid was rejected, and they're going back with a second one which will probably also be rejected. Nothing is on, even if we weren't jaded about the whole thing
    And let’s be honest they’ve been “actively bidding” since I was about 14......zzzZzzz
  • Options

Understandable, given what’s happened (or not happened) in the past. 

The fans reference might point to the ‘membership’ model he referred to way back when. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if the old fool accepts the offer, he’ll wake up the next day and increase the price by 20%.
  • Options
    The Aussies are bidding again (great) but their ‘track record’ means we’re not likely to get that excited - fairly or unfairly so.hope to be wrong as ever.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Understandable, given what’s happened (or not happened) in the past. 

The fans reference might point to the ‘membership’ model he referred to way back when. 

That's what I was worried about.  Does that not suggest that they are underfunded?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Litmus Test is when we hear that the ex-directors have been approached regarding the outstanding loans. Any approach @Airman Brown ?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Scoham said:
    Rylo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Return of the sofa. You mark my words.
    Or maybe the return of Floyd and Harvey.
    I’d take the return of that dynamic duo...instead of Angry Bird/Chicken & Camp Knight...👍
  • Options
    Let's hope it happens then but feel like we have been going round and round in circles so long on this that I am not going to get excited just yet! Be interesting to see what happens if RD accepts the second offer and whether they can actually finance the deal.
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Let's hope it happens then but feel like we have been going round and round in circles so long on this that I am not going to get excited just yet! Be interesting to see what happens if RD accepts the second offer and whether they can actually finance the deal.
    I think their problems have been to do with the consortium model. When they get a bid together they’re certainly ready to finance the deal, but if Roland turns it down (or there’s some other hold up), then there’s always a chance one of the consortium may pull out. I suspect if we were near the bottom of the table Roland might be biting their hands off, but we’re not, and he isn’t (as far as I know). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @AveryAddick #GetTakeoverDone

@Redmidland I honestly don't know. He's paranoid about saying anything, so getting even this much info out of him unusual. I think dealing with Roland for so long has had an attritional effect. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

@Redmidland I honestly don't know. He's paranoid about saying anything, so getting even this much info out of him unusual. I think dealing with Roland for so long has had an attritional effect. 
    James if this Aussie consortium ever buys Charlton I would love to meet you and buy you drinks all night. 
    But I doubt it will ever happen as I think you are being fed information. 

I would love to be proved 100% wrong. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    JamesSeed said:

James if this Aussie consortium ever buys Charlton I would love to meet you and buy you drinks all night. 

Yes I am being fed information, but only because they're trying to buy the club, and Roland is frustrating them. And yes, you can buy me drinks all night if  they buy the club :-)
    Although I'd probably pass out after about three pints.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I'd even go as far as buying him a bag of my lucky humbugs.

Yesterday's half time suckers certainly did the trick, eh @blackpool72

:-0
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I'd even go as far as buying him a bag of my lucky humbugs.

Yesterday's half time suckers certainly did the trick, eh @blackpool72

:-0
    Best humbug I've ever had.
    Always good to see you Fanny. 
    Love you and Mr.F  xx
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Yes I am being fed information, but only because they're trying to buy the club, and Roland is frustrating them. And yes, you can buy me drinks all night if  they buy the club :-)
    Although I'd probably pass out after about three pints.
    Dont worry James, nothing would go to waste, I would happily sacrifice myself on your behalf and act as your backup!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

James if this Aussie consortium ever buys Charlton I would love to meet you and buy you drinks all night

Open invitation? I'm there!
  • Options
    I once sat next to a foreigner on a plane.
    Mick Jones? No wait, was it Kelly Hansen? Jason Bonham? Oh, do tell.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!