Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Charlton athletic is the valley.
    The valley is Charlton athletic.

We lost it once only to win it back years later.

Under no circumstances should Roland be allowed to keep the valley when he sells.
    I would much rather we wait for someone to buy us entirely than let him keep the valley

That is all very well as long as you are sure that there is/will be a sufficiently wealthy and well intentioned individual/ consortium who are prepared to buy us at some point in the future after RD has loaded us with millions more of debt.

Personally, I'm not very sure at all.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I can see a potential problem with theory of buying the Valley back in say 5 years when (or if) we reach the PL. Unles Sky somehow manage to stop it's customers using 'other' ways of watching their product I can see the amount of money they spend on the rights shrinking thus the PL not being the promised land it is now.

Then again it may make it easier to actually get there...........

They recently got a court ruling in their favour that's making life trickier for illegal streamers. I heard that Sunday afternoon figures are down by about 20%, so they certainly have to do something. The company appears to be scraping every penny together for the next round of rights though. Redundancies across the company and budget slashes in every department. I think they might be fearing a much bigger fish (most likely Google, but imagine the dominance Netflix would have if they moved into sports streaming).
    Also without the FAPL Sky would struggle to avoid going out of business. Who is going to pay £50 a month for the odd Sky Drama? All the other TV shows would turn up on terrestrial TV sooner or later.

I actually think that the streaming (which I don't think they will be able to stop) will change their whole business model before too much longer.
  • Options

Yellow shirts,green shorts.
    Advance Australia fair instead of Red Red Robin
    Shit lager on sale...oh..got that one covered already

Doesn't have to be shit lager, they could stock the bar with Cooper's or Red Back.
    VB is nice.
    Is it possible to put the words 'lager' and 'nice' into the same sentence?
  • Options

Doesn't have to be shit lager, they could stock the bar with Cooper's or Red Back.
    VB is nice.
    Is it possible to put the words 'lager' and 'nice' into the same sentence?
    Yes.

Lager isn't nice.

Easy.
  • Options
    Feeder club eh? Hmm...Doesn't feel right to me. I want Charlton to attract young Londoners to play for us, preferably local south east Londoners rather like we are doing now rather than have a bunch of Aussie kids in our youth team.
  • Options

VB is nice.
    Really?

Toohey's Old is a good tasting beer.
  • Options

The ultimate shame is that SKY etc. havent challenged the club on their statement yesterday... Bryan Swanson came out with the tweet from the club that we werent for sale and that we were concentrating on League One status.

Surely this is a great time to challenge their lies... i.e.

SKY: You said the club werent for sale, what do you say about the current rumours?
    CAFC: We stand by the current statement, the club isnt for sale and we're concentrating on the League status
    SKY: So what do you say about the rumours then.

i.e. For the lies that we've received the last few years, this is a real chance for the Media to either back them into a corner and prove the fans right that they've been lying all along or more less likely, prove that the club maybe havent been lying.

We're League One Mickey Mouse territory!! Sky really don't give a Nun's habit about Charlton Athletic!! The only reason that that Jim White fella jumped on the talksport bandwagon about it was because it meant potential phone calls into him that would raise cash for that god awful, amateur, radio station. He was also keen to cement his place as a Talksport main player of DerHam or Bra Zil ineptitude proportions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it okay if I press F5 yet ?

....One for the kids there.....
  • Options

The ultimate shame is that SKY etc. havent challenged the club on their statement yesterday... Bryan Swanson came out with the tweet from the club that we werent for sale and that we were concentrating on League One status.

Surely this is a great time to challenge their lies... i.e.

SKY: You said the club werent for sale, what do you say about the current rumours?
    CAFC: We stand by the current statement, the club isnt for sale and we're concentrating on the League status
    SKY: So what do you say about the rumours then.

i.e. For the lies that we've received the last few years, this is a real chance for the Media to either back them into a corner and prove the fans right that they've been lying all along or more less likely, prove that the club maybe havent been lying.

We're League One Mickey Mouse territory!! Sky really don't give a Nun's habit about Charlton Athletic!! The only reason that that Jim White fella jumped on the talksport bandwagon about it was because it meant potential phone calls into him that would raise cash for that god awful, amateur, radio station. He was also keen to cement his place as a Talksport main player of DerHam or Bra Zil ineptitude proportions
    I exchanged emails with Jim White on this and he seemed really sincere to me.
  • Options

Charlton athletic is the valley.
    The valley is Charlton athletic.

We lost it once only to win it back years later.

Under no circumstances should Roland be allowed to keep the valley when he sells.
    I would much rather we wait for someone to buy us entirely than let him keep the valley

All day long.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

"There are many people, mostly intermediaries, who approach us regularly asking whether the club is for sale.

RD/KM stated previously that no one was interested in buying it, strange that.

I thought the same, but couldn't be arsed, bearing in mind she is the biggest liar I've ever met, by a country mile.
  • Options

Statement from the club in this article: http://www.kentlive.news/charlton-athletic-fans-are-unlikely-to-be-happy-with-latest-club-statement-on-those-takeover-rumours/story-30269839-detail/story.html

"The rumours and speculation regarding the sale of Charlton Athletic are unhelpful," a Charlton spokesperson told Kent Live.

"There are many people, mostly intermediaries, who approach us regularly asking whether the club is for sale.

"Whilst we understand Charlton Athletic will always generate interest from potential investors, our priority is to focus on the remaining games this season and planning for a successful 2017/18 season."

Its a non-denial denial. Tells me that RD is selling otherwise the tone would be "the article is untrue" or "we've had no contact with any such group" or the KM mantra of "we are not for sale".
  • Options

VB is nice.
    No its not
  • Options

Not all Ozzie players are worth having... Take Jake Pegg for example - he's highly rated but in my opinion has got two left feet................and one right.

I'll get my coat

And in jail

• Options

Statement from the club in this article: http://www.kentlive.news/charlton-athletic-fans-are-unlikely-to-be-happy-with-latest-club-statement-on-those-takeover-rumours/story-30269839-detail/story.html

"The rumours and speculation regarding the sale of Charlton Athletic are unhelpful," a Charlton spokesperson told Kent Live.

"Whilst we understand Charlton Athletic will always generate interest from potential investors, our priority is to focus on the remaining games this season and planning for a successful 2017/18 season."

Its a non-denial denial. Tells me that RD is selling otherwise the tone would be "the article is untrue" or "we've had no contact with any such group" or the KM mantra of "we are not for sale".
    Precisely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why the 'unhelpful' tone?

Sounds like Meire sending a message to her master.
  • Options
    I wonder if Ange Postecoglou will be manager if this deal goes through?
  • Options
    Better than Tarbuck
  • Options

Feeder club eh? Hmm...Doesn't feel right to me. I want Charlton to attract young Londoners to play for us, preferably local south east Londoners rather like we are doing now rather than have a bunch of Aussie kids in our youth team.

whilst i agree with you times have moved on. If we just had local talent we'd be watching on Sunday mornings in Charlton park.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

You're forgetting the significant number of South African youngsters that we scouted and brought to the club over a period of many years. Not one dud amongst any of them......though I agree we must 'always' be on the lookout for local prospects.
  • Options
    wwtone said:
    Just read them quotes on this piece, I know that none of these people will be privy to the finer details at this stage, just like not many on here will be.

But talk of colour changes and name changes!
    It's like it's built into them for goodness sake!
    They really don't appreciate any sort of bloody history or tradition in anything.
    (Understandably seeing as they haven't got any!)

This sort of attitude runs right through the sports over here.

We could be looking straight down the barrel of an Aussie MK dons turnout here.

I sincerely hope I am well out with my fears about this
  • Options
    I expect this Consortium would have had to show Duchatalet proof of their ability to match his asking price for the Club - whether or not it includes The Valley. If they don't have the funds, he may as well talk to me about selling the Club.

My understanding is that this Consortium are seeking further backing to be able to invest into the Club to realistically fulfil the ambitions stated within their five year plan.

The promise of fantastic returns on your investment once lil' ole Charlton get to the Premiership is surely worth the gamble of your spare Aussie Dollars?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!