Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1582, the Gregorian Calendar is implemented.
  • Options
    2014 Roland Duchatelet buys Charlton.
    (I'm assuming this thread gets to 2014)
  • Options
    There is no takeover 

• Options
    There is no takeover 
    Charlton will either go out of business or a takeover will happen eventually - nobody has a clue when. Everyone has failed to make sense of RD.
    I don’t think CAFC will go out of business but I can easily see that the neglect and refusal of the owner to properly or adequately invest in a club of Charltons size will see the club slide inexorably into first a relegation eventually into league two and there to languish with crowds of a few thousand and a stadium for the best part mothballed. That is I believe our future under Duchatelet. We have been told he won’t lower his price. What other future is there under those circumstances. 
    My biggest fear is RD destroys the club - it might seem ridiculous but I wouldn't put anything past him. So long as the club is intact when he finally goes even if we're in League 2 then we can rebuild.

It's hard to see what the future holds for us with him in charge - he has no interest in football, in Charlton and he seems a very vindictive individual.
    For me this is a worryingly plausible scenario given that RD sees no value in the football club, just the property the football club is occupying. He could for example allow the club to continue to disintegrate cutting costs wherever he can. L1, L2 or non-league makes no difference to him. As the crowds get smaller he keeps mothballing parts of the ground, eventually arguing we don't need The Valley at all. 
  • Options
    There is no takeover 
    Charlton will either go out of business or a takeover will happen eventually - nobody has a clue when. Everyone has failed to make sense of RD.
    I don’t think CAFC will go out of business but I can easily see that the neglect and refusal of the owner to properly or adequately invest in a club of Charltons size will see the club slide inexorably into first a relegation eventually into league two and there to languish with crowds of a few thousand and a stadium for the best part mothballed. That is I believe our future under Duchatelet. We have been told he won’t lower his price. What other future is there under those circumstances. 
    My biggest fear is RD destroys the club - it might seem ridiculous but I wouldn't put anything past him. So long as the club is intact when he finally goes even if we're in League 2 then we can rebuild.

It's hard to see what the future holds for us with him in charge - he has no interest in football, in Charlton and he seems a very vindictive individual.
    For me this is a worryingly plausible scenario given that RD sees no value in the football club, just the property the football club is occupying. He could for example allow the club to continue to disintegrate cutting costs wherever he can. L1, L2 or non-league makes no difference to him. As the crowds get smaller he keeps mothballing parts of the ground, eventually arguing we don't need The Valley at all. 

Fooking doomsday scenario! Won't need to worry about boycotting games, no one will be going anyway. Thing is I really don't see a solution.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Solidgone said:
    bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    Rolly is a forward thinking sort of a chap, has anyone told him about the ‘new’ way of selling a house where anyone who is interested put in a sealed bid and the highest one wins. 

Proof of funds to buy buy the Club lock stock and barrel to be supplied and on conformation, copies of all due diligence to be made available at no cost. Cash within one month of winning the bid. Simples.

What about a raffle?

35,000 tickets at £1,000 a ticket - the winner gets the keys and Two Sheds pockets his £35 million.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

I think the last time two sheds on CL wasn’t he rolling around in gold?
    Whilst still living in his little non-descript terraced house in Milton Keynes!
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    We've got to put some pressure on him. I think we need to go to Belgium again as it gets under his skin.
    And I think we need to try and make contact with his family as on current form, we will be dealing with them sooner or later. I think we need to give his partner and kids the benefit of the doubt and ask them:
     i) do they want to see us keeping up the pressure on RD in Belgium? (making it clear that we will)
     ii) do they want to deal with us in the event of RD not selling? Again - they will be if he never sells (which seems the most likely scenario to me). 
     and possibly iii) do they not have any concerns about RD's mental health given the ludicrous statements he's made recently. 

If I had any eccentric rich old relatives throwing millions away to save face I would be concerned. I'd use the example of Bolton's former owner Eddie Davis who wrote off £175M of loans.

Does RD take any notice of his family? This is a man who thinks everyone is wrong.

Understanding your enemy is not always easy....

Actually he takes a bit of notice of his son Roderick as he put him in charge of Ujpest. To the best of my knowledge he is still there. At one stage, during the earliest period of discontent with Roland I had an email exchange with Roderick's partner, who also had an executive position at Ujpest. she seemed willing to mediate but seems he wasn't interested, and then I heard she walked out on him and returned to Belgium. 

i think it was also Roderick sitting with Roland at Stayen when our guys turned up to serenade him on his birthday. 

So all in all I fear Roderick is too aligned with his old man. But generally I think @rananegra is right. We need to get back to S-T, and soon.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    All gone very quiet. Worrying!!
    Lol, the only noise being made was from "people in the know". It aint gonna happen.
    You mean people like those trying to negotiate with the club, speaking to the London evening paper. I expect they are “in the know” about what they are themselves doing to try to resolve the situation. But best we listen to people who have no such insight and just have opinions to offer instead.
    Yes the £30m offer and making it public in the Evening Standard was a good move - removes any doubt that there aren’t others out there willing to buy at s reasonable price - also underlined the question marks around what rd is actually playing at - cut your losses and get out would surely be the logical thing to do
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    All gone very quiet. Worrying!!
    Lol, the only noise being made was from "people in the know". It aint gonna happen.
    You mean people like those trying to negotiate with the club, speaking to the London evening paper. I expect they are “in the know” about what they are themselves doing to try to resolve the situation. But best we listen to people who have no such insight and just have opinions to offer instead.
    Yes the £30m offer and making it public in the Evening Standard was a good move - removes any doubt that there aren’t others out there willing to buy at s reasonable price - also underlined the question marks around what rd is actually playing at - cut your losses and get out would surely be the logical thing to do
    Roland doesn't do failure logic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's happened to the banker? Gone a bit quiet.

Which profession Genre will Roland conjure up next and feed to the press?

A butcher? Baker? Candlestick maker?
  • Options

A butcher? 
    It's happening. 

• Options
    There is no need to vandalise Roland's property. Just make a T-shirt with, 'Duchatelet is an asshole!' on it and stand outside his favourite restaurant. Simples.
  • Options
    What's happened to the banker? Gone a bit quiet.

Which profession Genre will Roland conjure up next and feed to the press?

A butcher? Baker? Candlestick maker?
    just have to wait till we're on TV again for the next rumour. 

I'm going with a chocolate factory owner. 

Gene Wilder as Willy Wonkajpeg
  • Options
    Things are hotting up nicely...
  • Options
    Roland upset i hope so. Things going to upset him tonight .
  • Options
    Roland upset i hope so. Things going to upset him tonight .
    ?
  • Options
    Takeover before our next match?
  • Options
    What's with all the cryptic posts @Lewis Coaches @Valley27000.  You know something the rest of us don't?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a guess from me.
  • Options
    Well Roland made some money tonight but his beloved STVV missed out on the big play off losing to AA Gent who made play off. Just depends who is in Belgium tonight.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    What do you mean by “Just depends who is in Belgium tonight?”
  • Options
    Things are hotting up nicely...
    ?
  • Options
    Something is in the air tonight, oh Lord. 
  • Options
    Gawd
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!