Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Any bankers in the crowd tonight 😉
    I gather @clb74 is going.

Oh, sorry, I misread the question.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Any bankers in the crowd tonight 😉
    🔫
  • Options
    No one here tonight no takeover.
  • Options
    No one here tonight no takeover.
    ...it’s evaporated
  • Options
    1581, Francis Drake is knighted by Elizabeth 1.
  • Options
    All gone very quiet. Worrying!!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Ssshhhh! Let sleeping cows lie :wink:.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    What were we expectng? We now know that offers in the region of £30 are significantly below what our completely mad owner wants. What is clear is that there are people willing to pay a more than fair price for us. 
  • Options
    I predict this thread will soon have to close. Its epitaph will read "Born in Desperation, Died of Boredeom"
  • Options
    ...sorry 'boredom' of course
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What were we expectng? We now know that offers in the region of £30 are significantly below what our completely mad owner wants. What is clear is that there are people willing to pay a more than fair price for us. 
    Yes. Significantly.
  • Options
    Rolly is a forward thinking sort of a chap, has anyone told him about the ‘new’ way of selling a house where anyone who is interested put in a sealed bid and the highest one wins. 

Proof of funds to buy buy the Club lock stock and barrel to be supplied and on conformation, copies of all due diligence to be made available at no cost. Cash within one month of winning the bid. Simples.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Lol, the only noise being made was from "people in the know". It aint gonna happen.
  • Options

• Options
    Hope that isn't a shark - don't want one of those as our new owner!
  • Options
    There is no takeover 
    Charlton will either go out of business or a takeover will happen eventually - nobody has a clue when. Everyone has failed to make sense of RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no takeover 
    Charlton will either go out of business or a takeover will happen eventually - nobody has a clue when. Everyone has failed to make sense of RD.
    I don’t think CAFC will go out of business but I can easily see that the neglect and refusal of the owner to properly or adequately invest in a club of Charltons size will see the club slide inexorably into first a relegation eventually into league two and there to languish with crowds of a few thousand and a stadium for the best part mothballed. That is I believe our future under Duchatelet. We have been told he won’t lower his price. What other future is there under those circumstances. 
    My biggest fear is RD destroys the club - it might seem ridiculous but I wouldn't put anything past him. So long as the club is intact when he finally goes even if we're in League 2 then we can rebuild.

It's hard to see what the future holds for us with him in charge - he has no interest in football, in Charlton and he seems a very vindictive individual.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    There is no takeover 
    Even though, you, me, Henry, Covered End and many other CL members won't be around to see it, my dream is when Roderick Duchatelet sells Charlton in 2050 to the Texas addicts consortium for $30 million (we will be the 51st state by then) our Children and grandchildren can march hand in hand ( metaphorically speaking as no touching in a public place is allowed) to the valley (Dallas Fracking Stadium)  and see our fluid gender robotic well oiled machine bounce back and win the Super bowl of soccer.

I Have a Dream.
  • Options
    We've got to put some pressure on him. I think we need to go to Belgium again as it gets under his skin.
    And I think we need to try and make contact with his family as on current form, we will be dealing with them sooner or later. I think we need to give his partner and kids the benefit of the doubt and ask them:
     i) do they want to see us keeping up the pressure on RD in Belgium? (making it clear that we will)
     ii) do they want to deal with us in the event of RD not selling? Again - they will be if he never sells (which seems the most likely scenario to me). 
     and possibly iii) do they not have any concerns about RD's mental health given the ludicrous statements he's made recently. 

If I had any eccentric rich old relatives throwing millions away to save face I would be concerned. I'd use the example of Bolton's former owner Eddie Davis who wrote off £175M of loans.

• Options
    rananegra said:
    We've got to put some pressure on him. I think we need to go to Belgium again as it gets under his skin.
    And I think we need to try and make contact with his family as on current form, we will be dealing with them sooner or later. I think we need to give his partner and kids the benefit of the doubt and ask them:
     i) do they want to see us keeping up the pressure on RD in Belgium? (making it clear that we will)
     ii) do they want to deal with us in the event of RD not selling? Again - they will be if he never sells (which seems the most likely scenario to me). 
     and possibly iii) do they not have any concerns about RD's mental health given the ludicrous statements he's made recently. 

If I had any eccentric rich old relatives throwing millions away to save face I would be concerned. I'd use the example of Bolton's former owner Eddie Davis who wrote off £175M of loans.

Does RD take any notice of his family? This is a man who thinks everyone is wrong.

Understanding your enemy is not always easy....

• Options
    There is no takeover 
    I don’t think CAFC will go out of business but I can easily see that the neglect and refusal of the owner to properly or adequately invest in a club of Charltons size will see the club slide inexorably into first a relegation eventually into league two and there to languish with crowds of a few thousand and a stadium for the best part mothballed. That is I believe our future under Duchatelet. We have been told he won’t lower his price. What other future is there under those circumstances. 
    My biggest fear is RD destroys the club - it might seem ridiculous but I wouldn't put anything past him. So long as the club is intact when he finally goes even if we're in League 2 then we can rebuild.

It's hard to see what the future holds for us with him in charge - he has no interest in football, in Charlton and he seems a very vindictive individual.
    His vindictiveness is plain to see and THAT .....IMHO....is his sole interest in Charlton Athletic Football Club....it’s pay back time from him for ruining his birthday lunch!

• Options
    There is no takeover 
    Only Zuul.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Redrobo said:
    Rolly is a forward thinking sort of a chap, has anyone told him about the ‘new’ way of selling a house where anyone who is interested put in a sealed bid and the highest one wins. 

Proof of funds to buy buy the Club lock stock and barrel to be supplied and on conformation, copies of all due diligence to be made available at no cost. Cash within one month of winning the bid. Simples.

What about a raffle?

35,000 tickets at £1,000 a ticket - the winner gets the keys and Two Sheds pockets his £35 million.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

I think the last time two sheds on CL wasn’t he rolling around in gold?
  • Options
    Should the thread heading be updated to something like:
    “as you were”
    “at ease”
    “we’re on the road to nowhere”
  • Options
    There is no takeover 

And the EFL will stand by and do nothing. He has not broken any financial rules and has not committed (so far as we know) any criminal offences. The anticipation and joy of gaining promotion is completely overshadowed by the very real prospect of RD still being in charge next season. The tunnel appears long without the glimmer of a light at the end. What should be an exciting period for all Charlton fans is overshadowed by the cancer eating away at our club....and there appears little any authority or individual can do to cure it.

• Options
    addick05 said:
    There is no takeover 

And the EFL will stand by and do nothing. He has not broken any financial rules and has not committed (so far as we know) any criminal offences. The anticipation and joy of gaining promotion is completely overshadowed by the very real prospect of RD still being in charge next season. The tunnel appears long without the glimmer of a light at the end. What should be an exciting period for all Charlton fans is overshadowed by the cancer eating away at our club....and there appears little any authority or individual can do to cure it.

Agreed. It's hard to feel any excitement about getting promoted given we have an owner who won't invest. 

As it stands we'll have a very weak squad whatever division we're in next season assuming RD is still at the helm.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!