Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    VOTV has a lot on the takeover.

Says LDT originally told the party who made an approach before Xmas that they would have match the £70+ offer agreed by the other parties.

LDT denied this, eventually, when I pushed him on it at the January Fans Forum but as VOTV reminds us that denial was left out of the official minutes. It was in my own notes posted here.

VOTV continues that LDT then called this party back, presumably imho because the Oz/US deal he and Jim White thought was in the bag, had stalled.

VOTV says price quoted by LDT was £65m (sixty five million pounds).

Lot more in VOTV around the £35m bid etc etc but you can buy a copy.
  • Options
    1573, Inigo Jones born. He designed The Queen's House at Greenwich.
    And maybe the toilet block, as was, at Charlton House.
  • Options
    I confirmed yesterday that the ex-banker in the Standard is the same party as the one discussed in the Voice. We went to print before the Standard came out, and before I received a tip-off about the story, so the publication sequence is slightly confusing. It’s why the Standard story isn’t referenced. 

I don’t know why they told the Standard £30m, but I am very confident of what I’ve written.
  • Options
    I confirmed yesterday that the ex-banker in the Standard is the same party as the one discussed in the Voice. We went to print before the Standard came out, and before I received a tip-off about the story, so the publication sequence is slightly confusing. It’s why the Standard story isn’t referenced. 

I don’t know why they told the Standard £30m, but I am very confident of what I’ve written.
    Has he offered more then?
  • Options

The one with the Bromley connection?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    J BLOCK said:

I believe De Turck is playing games when he says the club hasn’t received an “offer” of £35m, because he and RD haven’t enabled the talks to progress to the point where a firm bid can be made.

I am told it was made clear to them the party was willing and able to pay £35m and take on the £7m directors’ loans, subject to seeing the DD. RD/LDT haven’t engaged fully at those numbers and they have quoted £65m - although that wouldn’t all have to be up front. The party won’t pay that.
  • Options
    1573, Inigo Jones born. He designed The Queen's House at Greenwich.
    Lovely bit of local history for 1573. Gold star to @happyvalley
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    J BLOCK said:

I believe De Turck is playing games when he says the club hasn’t received an “offer” of £35m, because he and RD haven’t enabled the talks to progress to the point where a firm bid can be made.

I am told it was made clear to them the party was willing and able to pay £35m and take on the £7m directors’ loans, subject to seeing the DD. RD/LDT haven’t engaged fully at those numbers and they have quoted £65m.

Which begs the question, if there is a 30 million disparity, How were we ever 48 hours away from a done deal ?
    That’s got nothing to do with this party. It’s obvious now that the Aussies (and the British group) agreed a price they couldn’t deliver.

Given that the contract was submitted to the EFL in May, which Shaun Harvey has confirmed, you can’t argue that the principals didn’t believe a deal was very close - they were simply wrong.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I am told it was made clear to them the party was willing and able to pay £35m and take on the £7m directors’ loans, subject to seeing the DD. RD/LDT haven’t engaged fully at those numbers and they have quoted £65m - although that wouldn’t all have to be up front. The party won’t pay that.
    If correct, that is really fuckin annoying.
  • Options
    Promotion is a must then so that the Rat incurs even bigger losses in the Championship :smirk: You know that doesn't make sense Roly, so get real, sell up now, go forth and multiply :naughty: .
  • Options
    How do I get a copy of the VOTV please?
  • Options
    £65m?! 
    Insane 
  • Options
    RD is on record, well radio, as saying he'll let the Club and goodwill (snigger) go for nothing, as long as the bricks and mortar are paid for. So, in true Homes Under The Hammer style, why not get a couple of estate agents round to give it a value? Or does he just not care that the business would are now look8ng at him think ****!

RD, if you're reading this; you're not being ruthless, you're being a Dick as nobody will pay £65m for your f***-up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    During the Sky commentary yesterday, in the first half just after the first Roland Out chant started (if I remember rightly) they stated that they believed RD was asking for £35m or that was the figure that had been offered. I think they mentioned it twice. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    You can have mine for £35
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    All good bookshops and some rubbish ones too
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    £65m?! 
    Insane 
    Exactly and some on here said he is not driven by money! Of course he is when it's to preserve his ego, the deluded old fool wants every penny of his monumental cock up back.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    You can have mine for £35
    But it’s worth £65
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    iamdan said:
    Http://www.votvonline.com
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    As a boycotter, I rarely watch Charlton these days. I watched the game yesterday on TV and thought they played really well; far better than 3 years ago before I ceased attending. However I find it incomprehensibly that supporters can put money in Roly's pocket at 3pm on a Saturday and then trash him on CL at 1705pm and indeed any other time...just my opinion.
    Agree. It’s ultimately difficult to get everyone to follow suit though, despite the fact that zero fans through the door would ruin him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!