Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    People from NSW call people from Melbourne - 'Mexicans' - because they are south of the border. Lets add this to the rumour mill …
  • I’ve said all along that i still think we are waiting for Ashley to sell NUFC!
  • Bloody hell, Mike Ashley........

and all that premiership football.
    And debt. No thanks.
  • When NLA mentioned last night that the Brits may get a 'sweeter' deal if the Aussies dropped out I posted that it was like a Mexican standoff ...

However, when I read my post back it appeared that my cutting and pasting had gone awry so I edited it only to find the message looked even worse. On the advice of Homer Simpson If at first you don't succeed just give up I deleted the post and went to bed.

I awoke this morning to see the first signs of a Mexican takeover rumour and I feel that I may be to blame for this, please accept my apologies ... In short there are no Mexicans involved in this deal ... as far as I know.

Back tracking already on the Mexicans...you are just as bad as JW!
  • Bloody hell, Mike Ashley........

and all that premiership football.
    And debt. No thanks.
    How many clubs don't have any debt? It's impossible for us to get where we want to be and make a profit.
    I know it’s a long way away, but spending some time in Newcastle would give you a fuller picture.
  • I would also like to thank Henry for his account of last night, but as it doesn't appear he failed to employ the rack or thumbscrews I feel he let us down.
  • I think what @Off_it suggests is plausible, however that implies the reason of delay is not the making of the bidders and some responsibility/ part responsibility of LVT’s employer.

If that was the case, would LVT be urging the bidder to reveal this reason if successful?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think what @Off_it suggests is plausible, however that implies the reason of delay is not the making of the bidders and some responsibility/ part responsibility of LVT’s employer.

If that was the case, would LVT be urging the bidder to reveal this reason if successful?

Two reasons, to make it look like it is the buyers fault hoping to get an easier ride at meetings like last night or because he is also pissed off with RD and knows the old goat won't care if the sale is done.
  • Are these fans forums really worth carrying on with?
    He quite literally regurgitates what he said at the previous meeting each time.

No doubt if we were at the bottom end of the table people would be boycotting and having a say again on matchdays.
  • Well done Henry for asking the right questions.

Having read through all of this, and if (big if) we believe Duchatelet when he says it is not the asking price but the day to day costs, I think it could be that the Aussies have worked out how much it is going to cost them to run the club to their plan. They have to have a plan to make the club more successful or it makes no sense to buy us until they can cover the total cost of the whole plan. If that is true, it is positive as they would seem to be doing things properly.

It would explain the great emphasis on Duchatelet cutting costs although losing less money explains that too, and I presume the Aussies would have to appoint a CEO. This could be positive though as Duchatelet may be trying to show that the club can be run more efficiently whilst still bringing players in and competing. If this is what is happening, the Aussies can't be a million miles away or they would have dropped out.

I suspect the British bid is just there to put pressure on the Aussies, otherwise, why wouldn't we have heard any more about it!

I'd go further and say @Off_it 's suggestion is the most plausible explanation I've read for the ridiculously protracted negotiations, especially given his M&A experience.

And if you place LdT's comment in that context, it makes sense to me. To paraphrase it "when this is over I hope the successful bidder will explain why it took so long, as then you will see that your narrative about it all being Roland's fault, was wide of the mark"

That is a most uncomfortable thought for us, and there is no reason not to think that there are Roland related factors in addition (his relationship with players' contracts remains my personal favourite suspicion, because of what we learnt from Standard), but in the lack of another insight which explains the delays, I'm giving Offie's suggestion a lot of weight.

• the British group must be Mike Ashley. It’s the only explanation for their inertia
  • Are these fans forums really worth carrying on with?
    He quite literally regurgitates what he said at the previous meeting each time.

No doubt if we were at the bottom end of the table people would be boycotting and having a say again on matchdays.

Yes they are

No he didn't

• edited January 2019
    I agree - but it may be what the Aussies are telling him as a price has seemingly been agreed. Clearly his way of solving it would be to lower the price. How much a club costs to run surely needs to be reflected in the price.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

But neither can they be proved false. Hence we go over the same ground.

At least it should end the theory that Rick and Jim worked together to spread fake rumours to sell more copies of VOTV and get more listeners.
  • I My guess is the aussies are a fabrication by RD and Ashley has agreed to Rd's price but can't buy until

I’ve said all along that i still think we are waiting for Ashley to sell NUFC!

That’s my guess as well - I’m increasingly leaning towards the Aussies being a fabrication by RD
  • @cabbles @Stig @AFKABartram

Thread title badly needs changing
  • cabbles said:

They’ll probably bring a board bored game out about this one day

• New info, I'm hearing that some Mexicans are in the mix

Could it be the Enchilada Consortium?
    It is true, Speedy Gonzales is buying us, he will get the deal done very quickly.
    First thing he will do is drop the Red Red Robin and we willcome out to the Mexican Hat Dance
  • edited January 2019

I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

I hope it’s going to be a windmill. That way you don’t just need to start with the straight parts at the edges you see as there are usually also 4 very straight sails as well...
  • Capricorn One....Roland’s an old goat....Hmmmm
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!