Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• White

"Grown to respect the Charlton fans a lot"

"RD needs to sell like never before"
  • Money unlocked in next round of talks, could happen this week- White
  • Thankful to Jim for all he's done raising the profile, but don't think he's quite seeing it.
  • Talks in the next 12 hours and that there and then money could be shown - JW
  • White

Why taken up the Charlton case "Can see the CA fans frustrations"

imminant talks

"As I understand it money could be unlocked at next talks"

"Could be done this week"

My emphasis
  • I am so disappointed. I get that everyone is acting in good faith, and that everyone is doing their best in the coverage from all sides, but the misinformation... Oh, it just hurts so much.
  • Very sensitive talks - White
  • Greenie said:

Very sensitive talks - White

"In the next 12 hours..."
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcCrazy said:

Talks in the next 12 hours and that there and then money could be shown - JW

Didn't hear white say "12 hours"
  • CafcCrazy said:

He said that just now (I'm a minute delayed I think on the internet radio stream). Definitely said it.
  • CafcCrazy said:

He did...
  • JW just said talks in next 12 hours and that may unlock the money to do the deal.
  • Unfair on White and TS from Charlton fans, were just trying to get this done. - White
  • PaddyP17 said:

CafcCrazy said:

He said that just now (I'm a minute delayed I think on the internet radio stream). Definitely said it.
    Me too

Fair enough @cafc-west

Will repeat 12 hours is just what White is saying. it is not a club or buyer set deadline.
  • FWiW I think JW knows more than he is letting on or able to say. However to nail down the "next 12 hours" to me means talks sometime this evening?
  • Talks are imminent.
    The potential new owners should say.

Just sell me the club and FUCK OFF.
  • FWiW I think JW knows more than he is letting on or able to say. However to nail down the "next 12 hours" to me means talks sometime this evening?

Assume he means the next meeting will be within 12 hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Unfair on White and TS from Charlton fans, were just trying to get this done. - White

So now JW is having a pop at the fans - wtf does he expect us to say? "Don't worry about it Jim, simple mistake and we're still all chilled".

Mate. He knows pretty much f*** all.
    Just like the rest of us
  • Nobody can hope it happens really soon more than me, but let's be realistic nobody really knows what's happening other than more talks are planned.

If it does happen I hope we are not simply coming out of the frying pan into the fire.

Time will tell, let's all hope that this time it happens and that our new owners turn out to be good ones for a change.

• Round and round
  • Danny Murphy sounds like he doesn't know why we are moaning, Daisy was a lovely lady ruling over one of the highest budgets in League 1.
  • Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

No. If anything, it backs up what @Airman Brown was saying. My understanding is that JW is referring to an Australian consortium, but not necessarily the same Australian consortium as has been in the frame until now.
  • RedMist said:

Has it not occurred that JW is just trying to get his listening figures up???

Hate to tell you this Redmist but more likely to lose listeners by talking about Charlton on a national radio station than gain any.
    We are a medium size London club, or were, now we are a small London club since " The Duchatelet tenure"

Chelsea and Spurs were our local derbies, then Palace and Millwall, now Gillingham and Wimbledon. If we don't get new owners soon it will be Bromley and Welling !

I know it always darkest before the dawn but will someone please shine a light.
    Fair enough, can't disagree with that.

Mate. He knows pretty much f*** all.
    Just like the rest of us
    Oh....you know that do you?
    Pure speculation on your part.

• Danny Murphy sounds like he doesn't know why we are moaning, Daisy was a lovely lady ruling over one of the highest budgets in League 1.

Think there’s a few Massive fans who might disagree with this statement now too.
    Murphy really is thick.
    As for White, stop talking ffs, the hole is so big now we can only see your fecking beanie hat!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!