Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I know quite a few people thought / think my stance on this is negative, but I just cannot understand with the facts that have been presented why so many people gobbled up last week that this was a done deal, particularly after the other false dawns.

Because they’re so desperate to see the back of Douchbag that they’ll believe anything and anyone.
    Who can blame them.
    I was/am firmly in the WIOTOS camp.
    I absolutely detest that White bloke now for doing this.
    Eejit.
  • Options
    Has it not occurred that JW is just trying to get his listening figures up???
  • Options

Maybe because a respected journalist told us it was. He is still telling us not to worry. Might help a bit if he explained why we shouldn't worry.

Respected?
  • Options
    Well, if something is happening, which I still believe it is, he has shared something others were unaware of. Now maybe he should have been more cautious in relation to timescales and managing expectations, but I am still thinking it is more likely to happen than not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know quite a few people thought / think my stance on this is negative, but I just cannot understand with the facts that have been presented why so many people gobbled up last week that this was a done deal, particularly after the other false dawns.

With you on that one.
    I know there were a few who didn't share my similar outlook.
  • Options

Ha! Jim White just now, quote:

"Charlton fans don't worry. Talks are coming, they are imminent, but no sign of Duchatelet leaving just yet"!!

Excellent.
  • Options
    Well that's a real shocker,it really is..I didn't see that one coming.
    So from Saturdays euphoria of it's a done deal,just dotting the i's and crossing the t's,all sewn up by Wednesday BS.

Now it's don't worry but no sign of the old cunt leaving just yet.

FFS!! :(
  • Options

I for one am happy with JW passing on his information. I appreciate anything being put out there (as I was with Jimmy seeds stuff on here). As long as someone is passing on info with the beat of intentions it's not their fault if it changes or doesn't happen. That's the point of a rumour it's by definition not a certainty.

Another one who will learn when it's comes to dealing with Roland Duchatelet
  • Options

Yeah, I second this AFKA. There always seems to be hidden complexities with these deals. Jim White's emphatic comments, "he's gone" or whatever, turned me off greatly. It felt like over-compensating to me.

I hope we're closer than we have been for quite some time, if ever. But 24-48 hours to Mon-Tues, you can already see his approximations slipping. And that's fine, again it's hard to pin these things down sometimes, but it's a good lesson in always being skeptical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely bang on mate. Too many people don't believe that Duchatelet would conspire to (once again) cause us grief by stirring things up! Of course he would; he despises the fan base for the embarrassment it's caused him.
    Said something along these lines a week ago. Jim White is a radio journalist whose heart, no doubt, is in the right place but it would appear he has learned very little about Roland even though he has met and interviewed him. FACT: Roland will sell when it suits him, be it in 24 hours or 24 months. People are correct though when they state that he doesn't care for the 'fanbase' - but then again why should he? Would we care if he sells up and drops dead in six weeks'

• Options
    edited January 2019
    More convinced than ever this 'new interest' was a smoke screen to try and speed up the aussie bid.

Really hope I'm wrong, but it feels like RD has once again played a few people like a fiddle, I really do think he's vindictive enough to play games to embarrass a particular person he blames for the protests.
  • Options

With you on that one.
    I know there were a few who didn't share my similar outlook.
    I thought it. but it looks like you were very sensible. in normal circumstances if a national news outlet and good sources like airmen are reporting something it's usually quite a safe bet. of course in the case of a Charlton takeover it's never a safe bet. I'm still gutted about zabeel !
  • Options

But what about the tour on the 30th December where the group were introduced as the new owners? Fuck this,its beyond a joke now. I will now only believe what i read when its in black,white and red on the official site. Firmly in the WIOTOS team now.

This happened. Hopefully someone will ask LDT about it at the FF and then we can see if he lies.

I saw JW’s information first-hand on Saturday and it’s neither made up nor gossip. Any tabloid would have run with it.
    So wtf has happened since last week?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    All rumours have to be taken with a big pinch of salt.

They're rumours afterall.

15/07 is the day I become wrong now... when i said page 1407 I meant any time on or before 14th July obviously.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Absolutely bang on mate. Too many people don't believe that Duchatelet would conspire to (once again) cause us grief by stirring things up! Of course he would; he despises the fan base for the embarrassment it's caused him.
    I don't think he's holding off on this deal that could see him net tens of millions of pounds just to spite the fan base. I think that's ridiculous. I think it's far more likely he wants more money, the group involved need time to properly show proof of funds, the EFL paperwork needs to be done. The idea of spiting us, or that the Fans Forum somehow comes in to his consideration, is ludicrous to me.
    The price element I'm sure is more or less agreed, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to claim the deal was remotely close in the first place?

Personally I think some people here are over egging Roland's desire to "spite us", I'm sure he's sick of this process as much as we are, there's no benefit for him to stick false rumours out when the club is losing him money anyway
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!