Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

Valley Bob and Red Robin on CAFC Picks saying it could go through within the next two weeks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

ValleyBob9 hours ago | 18 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Been told that the takeover could be done within two weeks.

Redrobin2 hours ago | 10 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Can confirm I have been told the same looks like finally the Aussies have found some decent backing
    That’s what I said?

Is Valley Bob, the same as Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons?

And is Redrobin, Batmans sidekick?

Anyone know who they are?
    Purely guessing but I reckon they are two peusdo names for Colin
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Scoham said:

Valley Bob and Red Robin on CAFC Picks saying it could go through within the next two weeks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

ValleyBob9 hours ago | 18 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Been told that the takeover could be done within two weeks.

Redrobin2 hours ago | 10 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Can confirm I have been told the same looks like finally the Aussies have found some decent backing
    That’s what I said?

Is Valley Bob, the same as Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons?

And is Redrobin, Batmans sidekick?

Anyone know who they are?
    No Valley Bob's alter ego is known as Slideshow Bob and loves a good PowerPoint presentation.
  • Options
    I’m just wondering whether the unsteady state of Brexit is another factor in the deal to takeover?
  • Options

If a takeover was going to go through, now if about when you'd hope it would happen, as you'd want it to go through in time to allow some dealing in the January window which is 4 weeks away...

IT IS NOT HAPPENING
  • Options

If a takeover was going to go through, now if about when you'd hope it would happen, as you'd want it to go through in time to allow some dealing in the January window which is 4 weeks away...

IT IS NOT HAPPENING
    You could have been a bit more gentle in blowing away the straw he was grasping for.
  • Options
    Next Fans Forum meeting soley about the takeover will be on 9 January.

I think the CAFCpicks stuff is a mis-reading of the last FF minutes when it was said that there was another party doing DD (true, I'm lead to believe from other sources) and that this 5th party would make a decision within two weeks.

That gets garbled in the re-telling to "happening in two weeks".

This 5th party may or may not have made a decision and if they have it might be to not proceed.

When it's on the OS
  • Options

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46400137

Wages not paid at Bolton again

An example of where a club has been sold, but the financial issues have continued as the new owners can't finance the club

On the Bolton front
    Several Bolton players have told their agents to find them new clubs in January as the club's financial turmoil continues. (Mail)
  • Options

I think the CAFCpicks stuff is a mis-reading of the last FF minutes when it was said that there was another party doing DD (true, I'm lead to believe from other sources) and that this 5th party would make a decision within two weeks.

This 5th party may or may not have made a decision and if they have it might be to not proceed.

When it's on the OS

I personally think when it does finally happen it will be suddenly, without warning.
    agree and having been saying that for a couple of years.

WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What I want to know is:
    Do we want a hard Rexit or a soft Rexit ?
    A hard sell or a soft cell ?

We have become a Tainted club as I say hello and wave goodbye to our automatic top 2 hopes, the valley is where the heart is but chips on my shoulder, What, insecure me ? Somebody, somewhere, sometime buy CAFC. I know it's a mugs game, but London's a Fun city where a man can get lost and Mr self destruct buying a football club is a Disease and desire, please mend our Divided soul. I'm loving you and hating me but even if your a Sex dwarf and suffering with Caligula syndrome, have This one last night in Sodom, the valley on a Tuesday evening game is like a Non-stop erotic cabaret.
    Duchatelet has in his tenure done failure, Cruelty without beauty, The art of falling apart will be his legacy.

Well No Deal can not be deemed an option - It will only lead to sadness heartache and death of a sleeping giant.
  • Options

What I want to know is:
    Do we want a hard Rexit or a soft Rexit ?
    A hard sell or a soft cell ?

We have become a Tainted club as I say hello and wave goodbye to our automatic top 2 hopes, the valley is where the heart is but chips on my shoulder, What, insecure me ? Somebody, somewhere, sometime buy CAFC. I know it's a mugs game, but London's a Fun city where a man can get lost and Mr self destruct buying a football club is a Disease and desire, please mend our Divided soul. I'm loving you and hating me but even if your a Sex dwarf and suffering with Caligula syndrome, have This one last night in Sodom, the valley on a Tuesday evening game is like a Non-stop erotic cabaret.
    Duchatelet has in his tenure done failure, Cruelty without beauty, The art of falling apart will be his legacy.

Just sing him a Torch song as he realises Where did our love go!
  • Options
    I doubt it will ever happen, at least not in any pro active or managed way. We are like a Roland possession gathering dust in his attic, or his subscription to a magazine which he annually renews but never reads.
  • Options

When it's on the OS

Isn’t the FF on the 9th only “if it’s needed”?
    So not certain by a long chalk
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

When it's on the OS

Isn’t the FF on the 9th only “if it’s needed”?
    So not certain by a long chalk
    we shall see, hope it's not needed but not holding my breath.
  • Options
    Not ITK in any way. But, logically, why would you pay out millions when the transfer window is closed and you have very little influence over making on-pitch changes (apart from out-of-contract players and any ambitious owners might not want to take that path). I have my fingers crossed that it will happen on or just before 1st January. I would hope they have drawn up short and long term plans for players in/out, management structure and a plan to get the fans involved in re-building the fan-base and support.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Not ITK in any way. But, logically, why would you pay out millions when the transfer window is closed and you have very little influence over making on-pitch changes (apart from out-of-contract players and any ambitious owners might not want to take that path). I have my fingers crossed that it will happen on or just before 1st January. I would hope they have drawn up short and long term plans for players in/out, management structure and a plan to get the fans involved in re-building the fan-base and support.

But, but - there's dozens of parties just queuing up to get the deal done.

You gotta get in early to avoid disappointment.
  • Options
    The meeting in January will reveal that there are 29 new bids on the table. Unfortunately, four of the current five will have withered. The Aussies will just need to get a bit of paperwork delivered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The meeting in January will reveal that there are 29 new bids on the table. Unfortunately, four of the current five will have withered. The Aussies will just need to get a bit of paperwork delivered.

And Roland is still desperate to sell
  • Options
    Fuckadoodledoo!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

This is a dangerous assumption to make, regardless of price, you are still committed to 6 months of current running costs. Plus additional costs of new executive and managment structure AND investment in the window, with no guarantee of promotion. That quickly adds up to a lot of money.

If in was buying the club July 1st 2019 would be my ideal completion date, far less "liability" then.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

cafc-west said:

This is a dangerous assumption to make, regardless of price, you are still committed to 6 months of current running costs. Plus additional costs of new executive and managment structure AND investment in the window, with no guarantee of promotion. That quickly adds up to a lot of money.

If in was buying the club July 1st 2019 would be my ideal completion date, far less "liability" then.
    I July would leave you very little time to buy and sell players.

December or May seem the most logical times as you have the chance to make immediate changes on the playing side. December is better than May in someways because, as we saw in the summer, you might realise you've got a whole year of league 1 losses to fund not just a potential 5 months.

You are going to have to employ a CEO whenever you buy.

But any desirable buyer will be in it for the long haul and so be expecting to lose money over a number of seasons before hitting the premiership. And any desirable buyer will have enough sense to realise that the club isn't worth £35m let alone £58m.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving your last paragraph sums it all up for me. I would doubt that anyone prepared to invest/loose as much money as it would take is quite likely to be undesirable to a large % of the fan base. If loosing money their own money was a kpi, amongst fans, Roland would be the most popular owner we have ever had.
  • Options
    Not sure how true this is but heard from someone today that part of the training ground which has been redeveloped with Footscray has not used since completed they are in dispute with the council. Not sure why ,,,,,Would this have anything to do with the delay of selling the club.
  • Options
    dingdong said:

Not sure how true this is but heard from someone today that part of the training ground which has been redeveloped with Footscray has not used since completed they are in dispute with the council. Not sure why ,,,,,Would this have anything to do with the delay of selling the club.

Surprising the council are involved in any hold up since Clive Efford MP for Elthan was wheeled out for a KM photo opportunity at the Training Ground lauding the great work that had occurred over there.

Note for for younger fans Clive Efford the Millwall fan who when a Labour councillor in 1990 publicly knocked the efforts of the Valley Party
  • Options
    The 3rd 500 pages must be by far the slowest, it seems like ages since we hit 1000 pages...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!