Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Red Robin said Aussies and their new Investors would be there!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Finally a realistic owner. Palermo sold for 10 euros.

The owner had 45 managers in 16 years, so definitely similarities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46411750
  • Options
    Ashley hopes to sell Newcastle by January. 😀
  • Options
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    But late for last feb isn’t it?
  • Options
    February which year?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    edited December 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Seems to be totally self contradictory - one the one hand then on the other.

First he says:

“As far as timing is concerned, I did say to our staff down at the training ground that I hoped or thought February was the most likely month" for the club to be sold.

But then says goes on to say why February is the most unlikely time for a sale:

"once the transfer window is closed we have an interesting situation. Charlton and probably most clubs in this division, lose a substantial amount of money each month, so the onus is on Roland to do a deal as soon as possible but the onus isn’t so much on the buyer because they can’t influence the club too much other than relaunching it. January ending does remove one obvious good point to get involved.”

Strong smell of odure here.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    It's last Feb's update. Someone is just putting it on Twitter as if it's new.
  • Options

Red Robin said Aussies and their new Investors would be there!

Again, not me.
  • Options
    Just someone trying to spread a little Christmas cheer then? It's been months since the last false dawn.
  • Options
    If a takeover was going to go through, now if about when you'd hope it would happen, as you'd want it to go through in time to allow some dealing in the January window which is 4 weeks away...
  • Options
    He said this last Jan... bullshit
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Prediction. Our takeover will be overtaken by every other takeover in the next two years. Prediction over.
  • Options

That tweet has whooshed so many people in here. I love it and am a little bit jealous that I didn’t think of it first.

It's truly stunning. I thought people would have remembered that statement.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That tweet has whooshed so many people in here. I love it and am a little bit jealous that I didn’t think of it first.

It's truly stunning. I thought people would have remembered that statement.
    I'll remember it next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley Bob and Red Robin on CAFC Picks saying it could go through within the next two weeks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

ValleyBob9 hours ago | 18 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Been told that the takeover could be done within two weeks.

Redrobin2 hours ago | 10 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Can confirm I have been told the same looks like finally the Aussies have found some decent backing
  • Options

razil said:

We’d be a lot closer with a fuller ground. Aren’t current losses £6m per year?

No, they are twice that. Of course it would be better to have more revenue but no realistic increase in gates will make a meaningful change.

Obviously Duchatelet’s pitiful management is a factor in that - losses have ballooned on his watch because of silly decisions - but, for example, a 4,000 increase in average attendances at current prices might yield about £1.5m a year at best - probably less.

Which begs the question, why would you want to own a football club?
  • Options
    Sings - Lets go round again, maybe we can turn back the hands of time.
  • Options
    It's happening!
  • Options
    Ashley thinks he will sell Newcastle "in weeks" 2+2=????
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Ashley thinks he will sell Newcastle "in weeks" 2+2=????

4 - 1, that's 3,quick maffs
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Valley Bob and Red Robin on CAFC Picks saying it could go through within the next two weeks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

ValleyBob9 hours ago | 18 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Been told that the takeover could be done within two weeks.

Redrobin2 hours ago | 10 views
    Takeover ending soon
    Can confirm I have been told the same looks like finally the Aussies have found some decent backing
    That’s what I said?

Is Valley Bob, the same as Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons?

And is Redrobin, Batmans sidekick?

Anyone know who they are?
  • Options
    I recall my prediction for the takeover date (on Jimmy Seed's thread) was the 28th February. It might still come true...in 2020
  • Options

I recall my prediction for the takeover date (on Jimmy Seed's thread) was the 28th February. It might still come true...in 2020

To make it extra special it could be the 29th February 2020
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!