Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    WIOTOS
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    LdT lying ? Seems an odd leap from Aussies plus mystery one to five groups now sniffing. Don’t forget we’ve also seen Fawaz come and go as well. My guess is that LdT is being basically truthful. I do wonder about the EFL documents though. Hopefully more will come out of that post meeting in a couple of weeks. I take some comfort from the post above that Usmanov might still be lurking. Apart from that I see nothing to get too excited about.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Unless LDT is lying through his teeth it means the Aussies are actually blocking a sale. If they’ve agreed to pay his asking price but actually can’t, you can understand RD believing that his price is reasonable. An alternative buyer would have to get pretty close. He doesn’t seem that bothered about the losses he is racking up.

Bunch of absolute jokers, I'm still shocked so many on here fell for their stooge!
    Guilty as charged.
  • Options
    Whilst we know of Roland's track record of talking crap. I want to take a back step and take an inbiased view. LDT has said it is not now gone from Aussies plus Aussies plus others linked. According to many rumours Usamov was supposed to be one of the investors. Alledgy 2 got turned down as they had interst in other clubs and Usamov was alledgly one of them, Maybe the auusies were waiting on him plus 1 other... that would explain one reason for the delay and not submitting final papers. However, if I was Usamov and I was interested in Charlton why doesn't he just buy the club himself... (unless he is now one of the new 5 and about to do DD).
  • Options
    Its no different really to what Manchester City and their owners do...

New York City and Melbourne City both wear the same colours and very similar type badges to Man City

Only difference is the fact they've purchased Girona and Yokashima Mariners and left those identities alone
  • Options
    All along I've always assumed that official statements about the takeover (whether on the website or given to fan forums) would never be categorically untrue, i.e. while they be full of puff and exaggeration or sections which most disagree with, they wouldn't tell outright lies.

Yes, LdT is trying to get the best price possible, yes he (or rather Roland) is trying to play off one buyer against another, but if he says that they are other parties interested, I don't believe he would make them up. After all the ex Forest guy emerged from nowhere, with no advance gossip and was only revealed after that photo was published by his side on social media.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The

Redrobo said:

W

Have to say, I’ve lost faith in the Australian bid. Every update relates to them sending documents to the EFL

To which the EFL say they aren’t waiting for anything.
    So who is lying?

It all reads like utter garbage to me.
    The EFL have not said they are or aren’t waiting for anything. They have only said that nothing is with them that they haven’t dealt with. Nothing to suggest anyone is lying. The Aussies have confirmed that they have papers that they need to submit and have not done so - yet.

I am just pleased that others are interested, and more importantly, he still wants to sell.
    The only bit of that I believe is that he still wants to sell.
    Perhaps the question that we, the fans, should be asking ourselves is what can WE do to make him DESPERATE to sell ?

( Or at least push him much further down that particular path....)
    Been asking that question for the last 2 or 3 years.
  • Options

If the Aussies are taking so long because after 6 months they still need to sign documents, then F-them. What kind of owners are they going to be? Maybe they will start researching 2018 winter transfers in the summer of 2019, six months later? Screw that. I've had enough of the Aussies. Go back to Sydney as far as I am concerned.

I think its just because you can never find a pen that works when you need one.
  • Options

LdT lying ? Seems an odd leap from Aussies plus mystery one to five groups now sniffing. Don’t forget we’ve also seen Fawaz come and go as well. My guess is that LdT is being basically truthful. I do wonder about the EFL documents though. Hopefully more will come out of that post meeting in a couple of weeks. I take some comfort from the post above that Usmanov might still be lurking. Apart from that I see nothing to get too excited about.

Agree with this. This may run and run, or, alternatively the Australians (and those related to their bid, whoever they may be) will get everything sorted and then LdT will give the other parties a deadline by which they must bid properly or the club is sold.

The reality is, after a couple of years we still don't know who the future owners may be.
  • Options
    The answer @Fanny Fanackapan doesn’t seem to be financial if he’s willing to sacrifice millions to satisfy his ego/principles.
  • Options
    the older Roland gets the better the chance of this nightmare ending
  • Options
    razil said:

The answer @Fanny Fanackapan doesn’t seem to be financial if he’s willing to sacrifice millions to satisfy his ego/principles.

Yup, that's what means that this 'takeover/fakeover' follows different rules to normal; Shitweasel has a massive ego and is willing to piss money away as long as he can keep kidding himself that he's winning.

By the way, does anyone take what LdT says seriously, or do you consider him to be more of a pro-RD disinformation machine?

It's hard to believe that anyone is still interested in taking us over, tbh, let alone actively taking steps to make it happen.

What a shitshow.
  • Options

The

Redrobo said:

W

Have to say, I’ve lost faith in the Australian bid. Every update relates to them sending documents to the EFL

To which the EFL say they aren’t waiting for anything.
    So who is lying?

It all reads like utter garbage to me.
    The EFL have not said they are or aren’t waiting for anything. They have only said that nothing is with them that they haven’t dealt with. Nothing to suggest anyone is lying. The Aussies have confirmed that they have papers that they need to submit and have not done so - yet.

I am just pleased that others are interested, and more importantly, he still wants to sell.
    The only bit of that I believe is that he still wants to sell.
    Perhaps the question that we, the fans, should be asking ourselves is what can WE do to make him DESPERATE to sell ?

( Or at least push him much further down that particular path....)
    Would rather he tripped down a flight of stairs (tripped not pushed)
  • Options

IF the clubs statement is true then my conclusion/guess for what it is worth is that the Aussies won the bid, started to submit everything to EFL and either an investor or two were tuned down by the EFL or have walked, leaving Murphy scrabbling for new ones. The Aussies remain somewhere in that hunt. The EFL confirm they are not holding up the process, the club confirm the EFL needs more paperwork... both are correct.

Now if I was the vendor and this happened I would explain to the purchaser that their exclusivity had passed and I was going back to market and I would contact the second bidder, the Saudi’s. Weird thing is they seem to have lost interest all together.

I would then go to third, forth bidder etc and publicly re-market.

My guess is Aussies looking for new investment they may never find; second bidder fictional as frankly, something would either have leaked or they would have got further than they have. The other 3 appear so early that, if they exist at all, you will find none actually have the funds. Was it Murray before who said when trying to sell he was constantly inundated with time wasters.

I am going for one being Ackworth, one being CARD trying to find out the price being quoted and one being Darren Purse.

If the front man for the consortium (who could afford to do it alone) is unwilling to get the ball rolling, how would they be able to attract further investment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All along I've always assumed that official statements about the takeover (whether on the website or given to fan forums) would never be categorically untrue, i.e. while they be full of puff and exaggeration or sections which most disagree with, they wouldn't tell outright lies.

Yes, LdT is trying to get the best price possible, yes he (or rather Roland) is trying to play off one buyer against another, but if he says that they are other parties interested, I don't believe he would make them up. After all the ex Forest guy emerged from nowhere, with no advance gossip and was only revealed after that photo was published by his side on social media.

Your faith in the regime is sweet but sadly misguided.
    Roly is on record as flat out denying stuff we already knew to be true, cos it was already in the public domain.
    Chris Powell and the leaked emails for a start.
    Roly wouldn't know the truth about running Charlton if it walked up and kicked him squarely in the balls.
    Takeovers are different though, there will be lawyers from various parties crawling over the club and any statement made will be jumped on if a lie
  • Options
    Clearly this is a small shoal (5) of red herrings designed to throw us of the truth - That the Gillingham ground share is a ruse for Charlton to become the second team in Scallys network!

Pitch problems?!!! Pah! The takeover has happened!
  • Options
    Can I pick the mic up yet or shall I leave it on the floor

Fucking Aussies I shit em
  • Options
    I guess perhaps RD hanging on for silly money might mean eventual buyers are that minted they can afford to pay silly money, which might be good.
    Clutching at straws now.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Though if the delay is due to an unrealistic asking price then they’ve done the right thing. No one should overpay for the club.

If we were worth £35m/£40m or whatever is it he wants someone probably would have paid it by now.

I will leave it on the floor for now then
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Though if the delay is due to an unrealistic asking price then they’ve done the right thing. No one should overpay for the club.

If we were worth £35m/£40m or whatever is it he wants someone probably would have paid it by now.
    Then they never should have agreed in The first place.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Then they never should have agreed in The first place.
    What exactly have they agreed? I’m not certain any party has ever agreed a price.
    Youd have to have a bloody clue before you done DD and got a consortium together surely.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!