Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Great leap forward? We are being taken over by Chairman Mao?

@JessieAddick will/won't be pleased.

I was going to say whether or not I'd be pleased but then it occured to me this is a sensitive issue. I'd better just say nothing. :joy:
    Yes having studied the period for A level history I didn't particularly want to assume one way or the other. :)
  • Options
    Once the takeover happens then lots will happen very quickly, they must have a plan already in place and various posts already filled. Why bother otherwise.
    It really has to happen in the next two weeks for both sides, its just become a game of chicken
  • Options
    3blokes said:

I wonder how much the universe has expanded since this thread began? By the time this sale goes through, the pitch will be the size of Eltham.
    But it’s all relative...

( just had a look - the universe is expanding at 68 kilometres per second apparently. Kin hell :neutral: )

You sure it’s not just wind??? :smile:
  • Options

3blokes said:

I wonder how much the universe has expanded since this thread began? By the time this sale goes through, the pitch will be the size of Eltham.
    But it’s all relative...

( just had a look - the universe is expanding at 68 kilometres per second apparently. Kin hell :neutral: )

You can tell that just by looking?!
    It’s a visionary thing... :wink:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

There’s a fans’ forum meeting tomorrow where the club will apparently be represented by Belgian Lieven de Turck. I think he’s the fella who’s handled the vast majority of negotiations with Gerard Murphy. The forum will discuss the sale.
    It’ll be interesting to hear what comes out of the meeting, although presumably we’ll only hear Roland’s side of the story.

Well, let's hope the minutes are published without any delay so that whatever is discussed is shared with us all as early as possible.
    I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

There’s a fans’ forum meeting tomorrow where the club will apparently be represented by Belgian Lieven de Turck. I think he’s the fella who’s handled the vast majority of negotiations with Gerard Murphy. The forum will discuss the sale.
    It’ll be interesting to hear what comes out of the meeting, although presumably we’ll only hear Roland’s side of the story.

Did they plan it being the semi-final night? Guaranteed no-one english will show up.
  • Options
    Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Did they plan it being the semi-final night? Guaranteed no-one english will show up.
    I couldn’t possibly comment.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

If Murray is there you'll only hear his idea of events.

Can we make a bingo board with the following:
    - Takeover will be completed in x weeks
    - There is a British consortium (but their invisible)
    - Roland is a swell guy
    - Aussies are still in talks
    - No more youngsters sold

Feel free to add to it

Any Aussies expected to be there tomorrow night?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    My forecast is mid-Jan due to tax issues. 0zzies are hoping new season will detract attention.
  • Options
    Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Presume it will start at 7pm? :smile:
  • Options
    Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Seriously.....does anyone expect anyone to turn up????
  • Options

Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Seriously.....does anyone expect anyone to turn up????
    Thankfully Lieven de Turck will be there, the club is in good hands.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Is no news good news?

That is the question.

To be or not to be ?
  • Options
    Who would benefit from the sell on fees that Charlton would receive should Lookman and Pope move on this summer?

Surely that will influence the takeover date. Roland will stay on if it means he gets that money as Charltons cut from the fees being discussed would go along way to clearing the problem area of the ex directors loans.

RB Leipzig had a £12m bid for Lookman rejected earlier in the week but are expected to go back with a better offer. They claim Lookman wants to join them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any sell on fee for Lookman would only be a % of the profit and assuming they paid 10 mill that won't be a great amount
  • Options
    More if Pope moves club though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Colin's now saying Wednesday isn't the takeover being completed but a major step forward.

I reckon Muir has a cheeky accumulator bet on corners and throwins in the England vs Croatia game that stands to make his Betfair account up to the £77m required to purchase the club.

• Options

Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Presume it will start at 7pm? :smile:
    A contingency plan was put in place so that if England were in the semi final, the meeting would be during work hours...3pm, I believe.

However, I'm not sure whether members would be prepared to take leave from their work to attend.
  • Options
    Even i knew I couldn’t tell you.
  • Options
    Lievan de Turck. Facebook friend of Roland. Listed as CFO at Belgian company dealing in Mergers & Aquisitions. So okay he’s been dealing with that on Roland’s behalf. But representing the Club at a Fans Forum meeting? Bit odd isn’t it, even if he had good news to impart. My worry is he’s the Club’s new CFO and if so Roland appointing a new person to the SMT would not be good news would it.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

We beat Belgium world cup final and the takeover is officially completes on the same day

Imagine what an insanely great day that would be.

I agree it would be an insanely great day seeing as Belguim have been knocked out...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!