Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Can't wait to say Cheerios to Roland.

He's toast. (I hope).
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Last working day in June - makes sense to be a take-over 'deadline day'. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    cafc-west said:

Last working day in June - makes sense to be a take-over 'deadline day'. Fingers crossed.

And last day tomorrow for the club's 2017 / 18 annual financials which will be due for filing at Companies House 9 months hence.

A convenient date for a sale of the business :open_mouth: Cmon RD you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

And last day tomorrow for the club's 2017 / 18 annual financials which will be due for filing at Companies House 9 months hence.

A convenient date for a sale of the business :open_mouth: Cmon RD you know it makes sense.
    Roland doesn't do sense, anymore than he does failure.
  • Options

Rejoice! Another arbitrary deadline has arrived!

I can hardly contain my apathy!
    I wouldn't bother trying, mate.
  • Options

Rejoice! Another arbitrary deadline has arrived!

I can hardly contain my apathy!
    Are you guys saying it was wrong to order this?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

Didn’t someone mention Thursday being done kind of deadline???

Chizz said:

Good morning! Happy takeover-deadline-so-it's-definitely-going-to-be-finalised-today day, everyone.

Get your copy of the Watchtower here,
    As Jehovah is my witness.
    All aboard for this brave new world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aussies only have a month before the transfer window shuts. I believe we can loan players after this but it's not a massive incentive to get a deal done in time imo

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Maybe. But then Roland buying the club very quickly didn't make him a good owner.
  • Options

Has anyone else got the feeling that this is all gonna be a massive anti-climax. This consortium don't seem very dynamic do they

Feeling? Hunch?

Fu****** nailed on mate!
  • Options

Has anyone else got the feeling that this is all gonna be a massive anti-climax. This consortium don't seem very dynamic do they

Dealing with any consortium/committee/group of people is always a nightmare. Lots of different opinions, ideas and 'hidden agendas'. It will always slow things down and, quite often, each member will want to do an element of DD before signing on the dotted line. Getting consensus on decisions from a group, possibly in different time zones is tortuous - so the term consortium and dynamic in the same sentence...don't really fit. It's very frustrating but understandable IMO.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Dealing with any consortium/committee/group of people is always a nightmare. Lots of different opinions, ideas and 'hidden agendas'. It will always slow things down and, quite often, each member will want to do an element of DD before signing on the dotted line. Getting consensus on decisions from a group, possibly in different time zones is tortuous - so the term consortium and dynamic in the same sentence...don't really fit. It's very frustrating but understandable IMO.
    Sounds good going forward!

If every decision and move they make takes this long is it really worth them getting involved?
  • Options
    Are we nearly there yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Naturally, the consortium do not post on here, so you @JamesSeed have set yourself up as the self imposed consortium spokesperson and thus you set the expectation level via your postings. This is not a criticism of you but I feel the expectation bar was far too high and I, for one, also feel that progress is much slower than I have expected and I am somewhat frustrated.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Yeah I know all that, which is why maybe a consortium / this consortium, ain't the best people to be looking at buying us?

Too many cooks and all that

• Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc-west said:

Yeah I know all that, which is why maybe a consortium / this consortium, ain't the best people to be looking at buying us?

Too many cooks and all that

Perhaps in the initial purchase phase every member investing has to sign off. That’s to be expected. Once the club is owned by the consortium it’s not likely that every decision would need to be run by each investor. A business plan and management structure with Chairman and CEO would just like in any business be making those day to day, week to week and month to month decisions with no input from the “shareholders”.

Perhaps....
  • Options
  • Options
    joeaddick said:

JamesSeed said:

No they’re terrible aren’t they

Why give that response..?

"This consortium don't seem very dynamic"sums up the feelings of many fans right now.

Certainly not the way I feel, I’m glad they’re still in the hunt. As someone who buys and sells stuff almost every day I cannot imagine how complicated a deal of this nature must be.
  • Options

joeaddick said:

JamesSeed said:

"This consortium don't seem very dynamic"sums up the feelings of many fans right now.

Certainly not the way I feel, I’m glad they’re still in the hunt. As someone who buys and sells stuff almost every day I cannot imagine how complicated a deal of this nature must be.
    Morning Derek
  • Options

joeaddick said:

JamesSeed said:

I just buy stuff everyday and that's a tactical nightmare. 'That's £1.65.' 'Shit, SHIT. What do I do? Here's a tenner.'
  • Options
    Too many cooks spoil the broth v Many hands make light work

Roland is a proven terrible owner v We don't know how the Aussies will be as owners as yet
  • Options

Copied from another thread:

I also suspect that, if Roland does feck off soon, this will be just the tip of the iceberg in terms of cuts.
    Not sure what it's based on, but another worrying hint.

@Stu_of_Kunming my typo, should read "if Roland doesn't feck off soon"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!