Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Do we think Matt has a financial interest or is his role purely executive?
    Be very shocked if he has the funds to have a financial interest. I just think him and Heller will be working for His Excellency. 
  • Options
    Met the new owner this morning: My first impressions are that he is intelligent, articulate, humorous, very down to earth and gets Charlton. And, according to my wife, very good looking!
    10:15 AM · Dec 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

For background Dave White is a former director and one of the 7 directors with a loan.

I assume he means Matt Southall rather than HE T Nimer.
    I like the sound of Dave White.
    Let's hope that's not a statement from January 3rd 2014.  :#
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I think Matt Southall would be considered "rich" buy almost anyone that has ever had a financial interest in the club before. Probably excluding just RD, and Cash at the time.

I wonder if his "best friend", former England and Manchester United player, will be involved in anyway?  I think I know who it is, I would be underwhelmed if he is. 
  • Options

Someone work out which is closer to the Valley, Middlesbrough or St Truiden?
    St Truiden is 10 miles further, but for me Boro is 43 miles further.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Matt Southall would be considered "rich" buy almost anyone that has ever had a financial interest in the club before. Probably excluding just RD, and Cash at the time.

I wonder if his "best friend", former England and Manchester United player, will be involved in anyway?  I think I know who it is, I would be underwhelmed if he is. 
    I can’t imagine Southall is anywhere near Roland in terms of wealth. I don’t doubt he’s wealthy to the majority of us, but don’t think he is football ownership wealthy at all. 

I think the link to the Manchester United player just goes back to his agency and isn’t relevant in this takeover. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Met the new owner this morning: My first impressions are that he is intelligent, articulate, humorous, very down to earth and gets Charlton. And, according to my wife, very good looking!
    10:15 AM · Dec 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

For background Dave White is a former director and one of the 7 directors with a loan.

I assume he means Matt Southall rather than HE T Nimer.
    David White confusing me for the new owner again.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can’t imagine Southall is anywhere near Roland in terms of wealth. I don’t doubt he’s wealthy to the majority of us, but don’t think he is football ownership wealthy at all. 

I think the link to the Manchester United player just goes back to his agency and isn’t relevant in this takeover. 
    That's what I ment, he is nowhere near Roland, but I would imagine he is near the ex directors and others who have had a finger in the pie. 

As far as I am aware his friend isn't involved in football at the moment but may fancy a job? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That's what I ment, he is nowhere near Roland, but I would imagine he is near the ex directors and others who have had a finger in the pie. 

As far as I am aware his friend isn't involved in football at the moment but may fancy a job? 
    Who's his friend ?
  • Options
    David May
  • Options
    or Bryan May?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah sorry I misread at first. Yeah he’s probably as rich as some of the ex directors but football has moved on massively. If he’s put any money in I would be surprised. I think he’s here because of his football links and knowledge of the English game. 

Depends who the friend is. But between him and Heller we have the two important roles filled so I can’t see where they fit in. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Addickted said:

#cafc supporter Lee Amis acted as middle man in takeover deal, VOTV has confirmed.

He's a Millwall fan.
    We’ll he’s a Charlton season ticket holder and has posted on here for years.
    Which one of us can honestly say we're not Millwall fans deep down :-)
    I can - can you? ;-)
    Tbh I always wonder if there might an unexpected tingle, like when you bump into an old girlfriend. But nothing like that so far 🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I think the next two weeks will be very important. 
    Is there anything you need to tell us ? 
  • Options
  • Options
    Premature numeration
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Now please.
  • Options
    I hope the ink is dry.  If they are really paying £50-60M for us they are mental.  
  • Options
    I hope the ink is dry.  If they are really paying £50-60M for us they are mental.  
    We need investment January.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    They are the only reason I don’t feel like we’re in trouble. 

Give Bowyer a little bit of money and bring that stability back and we’ll be fine.
    100%
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!