Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    I reckon it’s gotta be close to being announced. He’s even got a picture of ‘Vote for Vince” on his profile 

Bought himself a flask as well.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I reckon it’s gotta be close to being announced. He’s even got a picture of ‘Vote for Vince” on his profile 

5 Charlton lifers in that photo 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Surely has to be a done deal if Matt is tweeting this 
    I wonder who actually approved this deal, as the takeover hasn't happened yet and there would be no real incentive for Roland to increase costs in the last few days of his ownership. I assume some sort of arrangement must have been made by the new owners with him
    The contract between Two Shits and ESI will have already been signed, and therefore legally binding. The only caveat to extract ESI from the contract would be EFL refusal.
    I assume though that in this inbetween period there must be some sort of agreement about who was responsible for any decisions made now. If the EFL rejected ESI, then I can't see Roland being under any obligation to pay the wages of a player which (theoretically) he didn't agree to sign.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

6 if you include Matt Southall.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

6 if you include Matt Southall.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

7 if you include you. ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I wonder who actually approved this deal, as the takeover hasn't happened yet and there would be no real incentive for Roland to increase costs in the last few days of his ownership. I assume some sort of arrangement must have been made by the new owners with him
    The contract between Two Shits and ESI will have already been signed, and therefore legally binding. The only caveat to extract ESI from the contract would be EFL refusal.
    I assume though that in this inbetween period there must be some sort of agreement about who was responsible for any decisions made now. If the EFL rejected ESI, then I can't see Roland being under any obligation to pay the wages of a player which (theoretically) he didn't agree to sign.
    There would have been a schedule of costs to be met by RD and costs to be met by ESI during the approval phase. For example existing day to day operating costs would be down to RD and player acquisition would be down to ESI. In other words the two month contract for Ledley would be an ESI liability irrespective of EFL approval.

But I'm just guessing on the above - this is RD we're talking about. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

7 if you include you. ;)
    Oi
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

7 if you include you. ;)
    Oi
    6 1/2 then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:
    There would have been a schedule of costs to be met by RD and costs to be met by ESI during the approval phase. For example existing day to day operating costs would be down to RD and player acquisition would be down to ESI. In other words the two month contract for Ledley would be an ESI liability irrespective of EFL approval.

But I'm just guessing on the above - this is RD we're talking about. 
    So hopefully ESI are 100% convinced it's done and dusted to take on such liabilities, fingers crossed
  • Options
    I know it's maybe wishful thinking, but could it be sorted by close of play today?
  • Options
    I know it's maybe wishful thinking, but could it be sorted by close of play today?
    I have a hunch it will be
  • Options
    Me too tbh
  • Options
    I have a hunch it will be
    As do I 
  • Options
    I thought the EFL hadn’t even began interviews with ESI yet? Considering they want to interview Roland first
  • Options
    I thought the EFL hadn’t even began interviews with ESI yet? Considering they want to interview Roland first
    The interview with Roland was very short “huh”
  • Options
    The interview(s) were scheduled for this week. It's Friday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    bobmunro said:
    I thought Cawley speculated it could be wrapped up by the end of this week an all
  • Options
    Fingers crossed then. As Southall is announcing signings from his twitter account, they are essentially running the club already, regardless of EFL approval
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    {.........ج....مع الشيخ سرور بن محمد آل ......}
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I thought Cawley speculated it could be wrapped up by the end of this week an all
    No he said EFL interviews should be done by end of this week. 
  • Options
    Remember we’re dealing with Roland and the EFL trying to organise a meeting time in London, it’s a minor miracle if that’s wrapped up within a week 
  • Options
    Remember we’re dealing with Roland and the EFL trying to organise a meeting time in London, it’s a minor miracle if that’s wrapped up within a week 
    I suspect that the interview was done over VTC 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    From Dave White’s Twitter ....

A little early I know but ‘we’re on our way’ #cafc

No he just meant he is on way to boro with his mrs 
  • Options
    Wonder what Charlton will be like in the year 2096...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!