Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Angling.......Bloodsport?

12346»

Comments

• edited April 2017
    I'm given to understand that Duchatalet is a Vegan.
  • edited April 2017

I'm given to understand that Duchatalet is a Vegan.

Is he fook. Vegans have compassion and empathy.
  • bobmunro said:

When it comes to animal welfare, regardless of animal/creature, my heart rules over my head.

There may well be logical reasons why some say there are benefits to certain things that should be allowed, I still find that unpalatable.

The culling of Badgers may be one in point.

But even if it was proved conclusively that Badgers are responsible for the spread of Bovine TB, I still wouldn't support culling.

Serious question, not meant to be in any way facetious. If you had an infestation of mice or rats in your property would you put traps or poison down? Would you treat a wasps nest in your roof?
    You'll be pleased to know bob, I'm living happily with all three.<(;-)>

I guess a point maybe, is whether you're doing something for pleasure/sport or whether you're dealing with something that is potentially a threat/hazard?

If I was being mauled by a lion, I'd naturally try to defend myself and I guess if I had the means, I'd probably have to kill it or be killed.

But that doesn't mean I'd go out of my way to kill, if I'd could find an alternative.

I am in fact living with a mouse at the moment, not intentionally and despite the humane trap I've put down, he/she still remains at large.

Little fucker, now where's that f ing club!

The most humane trap for a mouse is a conventional break-back trap. What would you do with the mouse if you caught it Sivo?
    I would do one of the following i_b_b_o_r_g

1. I would tell it, that it had been a "very naughty boy/girl"

2. No seriously, probably send it to college, convince it that if it got a proper education, it would be able to live in a better pad than mine!

3. Put it in someone else's house.

4. Release back into the wild, no where near my gaff.