Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017-18 Season Tickets - East Stand Blocks Closing

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    could this be a plan just to get a bit of cash in before he fucks off?
  • Options
    The plan of the stadium on the Season Ticket web pages still shows 7 pricing zones not the 5 as shown on in the renewal booklet.
  • Options

I didn't renew this season & I'm not going to renew until we get a new owner. I will go to most, if not all, the home games - mainly because my 13 year old son is addicted & relies on me to take him. I sit in the East Stand & looks like a season ticket in F Block will be £375 - which is almost £20 per match. I'm sure by buying tickets match by match, with the odd game for a fiver and by buying a ticket for a cheaper section, then I'm not going to lose out that much - I may even be up over the season.

I wouldn't sit in the North Stand, as I don't like being behind the goal - you don't go to the cinema or to the theatre and sit at 90 degrees, you sit in the middle (or close to it)

Surely the dimensions of a football pitch mean that you are probably as far away from any action in front of the other stand for instance as we are from the other goal ?
    I apologise LTGTR. I used to think your posts were trolling. Perhaps I was wrong, because I think you actually mean this.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The plan of the stadium on the Season Ticket web pages still shows 7 pricing zones not the 5 as shown on in the renewal booklet.

can't see that but i think the SMT have invested in a tardis as the season ticket info seems to have been posted on 1st August this year.
  • Options
    I believe that's done so it stays as the most recent news item until that date.
  • Options

I didn't renew this season & I'm not going to renew until we get a new owner. I will go to most, if not all, the home games - mainly because my 13 year old son is addicted & relies on me to take him. I sit in the East Stand & looks like a season ticket in F Block will be £375 - which is almost £20 per match. I'm sure by buying tickets match by match, with the odd game for a fiver and by buying a ticket for a cheaper section, then I'm not going to lose out that much - I may even be up over the season.

I wouldn't sit in the North Stand, as I don't like being behind the goal - you don't go to the cinema or to the theatre and sit at 90 degrees, you sit in the middle (or close to it)

Surely the dimensions of a football pitch mean that you are probably as far away from any action in front of the other stand for instance as we are from the other goal ?
    I apologise LTGTR. I used to think your posts were trolling. Perhaps I was wrong, because I think you actually mean this.
    I don't know what the Valley's pitch dimensions are but at a rough guess let's say 105 x 80

If you consider the East Stand goes back a lot further than the Lower North then there can't be much in it, can there ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    /blockquote>

I don't know what the Valley's pitch dimensions are but at a rough guess let's say 105 x 80

If you consider the East Stand goes back a lot further than the Lower North then there can't be much in it, can there ?

Not quite sure where you're coming from. If I sit in E block of the East Stand I'm then roughly on the half way line - therefore I am equidistant from both goals. If I sit in the Lower North I am about 10 yards from one goal and about 130 yards from the other. Also there are no obstructions to my view sitting in the East, whereas behind the goal you have the goal ( netting, posts, bar ) obstructing your view.
  • Options

/blockquote>

Not quite sure where you're coming from. If I sit in E block of the South Stand I'm then roughly on the half way line - therefore I am equidistant from both goals. If I sit in the Lower North I am about 10 yards from one goal and about 130 yards from the other. Also there are no obstructions to my view sitting in the East, whereas behind the goal you have the goal ( netting, posts, bar ) obstructing your view.

If you are sitting in E block of the south stand then you're an away supporter and the same distance from the half way line that we are in the lower north...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Golfie presumably meant to say East Stand.

According to Wikipedia The Valley pitch is 112 x 73 yards.

Therefore, if you are sitting at the front of the North Stand, the South Stand goal is approximately, over 112 yards away.

If you are sitting at the front of The East Stand, the far touchline is over 73 yards away.

Why LTGTR believes that 73 yards is as far away as 112 yards is beyond me.

It is approximately 53% further and in no way could it be perceived that the distances are equal.

As I say LTGTR I've changed my mind about your posts being a wind up. You are actually being serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Valley_(London)
  • Options

Golfie presumably meant to say East Stand.

According to Wikipedia The Valley pitch is 112 x 73 yards.

Therefore, if you are sitting at the front of the North Stand, the South Stand goal is approximately, over 112 yards away.

If you are sitting at the front of The East Stand, the far touchline is over 73 yards away.

Why LTGTR believes that 73 yards is as far away as 112 yards is beyond me.

It is approximately 53% further and in no way could it be perceived that the distances are equal.

As I say LTGTR I've changed my mind about your posts being a wind up. You are actually being serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Valley_(London)

Yes, I did - now amended. Just to clarify things - I don't really care how far the away the far touchline is......there is no goal there. I'm more concerned with the ends of the pitch as that is where (hopefully) the main action will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

/blockquote>

Not quite sure where you're coming from. If I sit in E block of the East Stand I'm then roughly on the half way line - therefore I am equidistant from both goals. If I sit in the Lower North I am about 10 yards from one goal and about 130 yards from the other. Also there are no obstructions to my view sitting in the East, whereas behind the goal you have the goal ( netting, posts, bar ) obstructing your view.

All comes down to preference at the end of the day, everyone will sit in the seat they choose as there favoured view.

I moved to the front middle of the North Upper and personally think it's one of the best seats in the ground. No netting, posts or bar obstructing the view as you say, and still quite close to the North goal along with an unobstructed view of the whole pitch. Also a great place for the atmosphere (when we have one that is!).
  • Options
    I think£500 to sit in the east and west stand centre blocks is a lot of dosh for league 1 (poss league 2 football). I do think some will move to lower north as the club wants for £175 ticket.
  • Options

could this be a plan just to get a bit of cash in before he fucks off?

No. I've explained this previously. Season ticket receipts relate to the season that starts after the financial year-end. That means that whenever the actual dosh is received, it would be recorded in the 2017/18 accounts. (See what happened to Tesco when they tried to fiddle accruals recently.)

So, in the event of a sale, while he might have siphoned the cash out there would have to be a balancing item to account for the money. Probably by a reduction in the asking price.
  • Options

How ANYone can think of renewing or starting out again with a season ticket this early on...beggars belief really...!!!, talk about a punt on what div we are in,what players we have,don't have,want & cant have,what manager we will have next thrown on us & all the while you have the SMT laughing at us...if you must can't you just hold on to renew,let that last lingering thought hang over them,when NO season tics have been bought...let them at last see they have no customers willing to give them countless more chances,yes most of us have been there at the worst times in our history,but don't let that history repeat itself or let it get even worse under this current ownership,because it really could...!!!,a few mths down the line with no ticket sales...MIGHT,Just MIGHT be the final push we need...Together let's make that happen,because how ANYone can be happy at the Valley right now...well I for one will never know...

Addick Forever...!!!

Good post mate. What I was trying to say - you've just said it better!