Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Your Club's Worst Player" - FourFourTwo magazine

Comments

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

Dizzle said:

Tom said:

Dizzle said:

Who was that Moroccan centre back we had on loan when we were in the Prem? I remember him being atrocious

Tahar El Khalej what a blinding memory!

That's him! Terrible
    I used to love him... Shot every time he got the ball in the opponents' half. Scored one from the half-way line that bounced a couple of times before it went in (against Portsmouth if memory serves me right)
    Ain't that El Karkouri?
    Read that as El Kakouri, think i'm still pissed from the weekend
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nigel Gray or Gary Churchouse?
  • Options
    Frank Nouble wasn't very good.
  • Options
    Haydn Mullins, Julian Grey and that Centre Back's name I have forgotten never seemed to tun up for games for us...
  • Options
    Pawel Abbot.
    Shocking.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mikel Alonso. Living proof that the talented footballer gene wasn't evenly balanced among siblings.
  • Options
    Mark McCammon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty to choose from but Mike Small's one appearance
    at Millwall left me shocked for weeks!
    Thuram is a good close second.
    Did his best to help QPR score against us.
    Fortunately Jacko got a last minute winner!
    Lepointe, PP and Nego merit a mention!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Frank Nouble wasn't very good.

Finally. He was absolute toilet. For the money paid, Marcus Bent and Izale McLeod were shocking. Alonso was abysmal in his one game and lets not forget one game wonders like Bagheri and Pouso. I don't recall TomHovi being much cop. I'm far too young to remember Ralph Milne. There are so many to choose from and the network signings warrant their own category. Its a toss up between el khalej and nouble for me. From the network I'm going with thuram.
  • Options
    Thuram is a good shout for being the player that most epitomises this rotten stinking regime and their cretinous incompetence. I can't help but think that Seaborne, Williams, and McElleney were all worse in absolute terms though, and I'm sure there are plenty more from years back as well, but I suspect it's not psychologically healthy to dwell on it too much.

More importantly though, when is 4-4-2's article on our Belgian adventure coming out?
  • Options
    Djimi Traore is up there too!
  • Options
    Ba was an utter shit-leg.
  • Options
    I think Thuram was a special one.

He came in when we were all buzzing fresh from a takeover, with the promise of quality players from the likes of Standard Liege, the kind who would see us to safety and then help us kick on with a promotion campaign in the following season.

He was shit, don't get me wrong, but I think he felt a lot shitter purely because of our expectations at the time. We expected some golden nuggets, but instead got some chicken leftovers from McDonalds.
  • Options
    Maybe not the worst but certainly up there for being frustrating and MAKING me swear in front of my impressionable daughter more than once, was Spongefoot.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Mikel Alonso. Living proof that the talented footballer gene wasn't evenly balanced among siblings.

I thought of mentioning him but he went from first tier Spanish football to third tier English football either when he joined us, or over the course of a year (can't remember if Tenerife were in La Liga or Segunda when he left). How bad was that cup performance that he barely even came close again? Surely there was something else to it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No mention of Rhys Williams!?!
  • Options
    For me it has to be Sarr from the Duchatelet days.

Not only was he complete shite, but he cost us a load of money, and continues to do so I'm sure.

A player who was so bad, and badly purchased, he continues even while not playing to affect our ability to construct a proper team.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I would put Lepoint ahead of him.

You must have forgotten this assist

https://youtu.be/AI0FeL2O5ww
    wow we had a crowd....
  • Options
    Let's be balls-pissled frank here, we could fill the entire magazine listing our worst players, personally I would add a midfielder called Smith (can't remember his first name but he had a bubble perm and played mid-70s), I always used to have a right moan when they picked him.
  • Options

No mention of Rhys Williams!?!

Didn't he look alright when he came on as a sub for his first appearance? Then, that Hull game...

Have to say I felt for him. He was a decent player at one point, Boro captain, Aussie international. He was parachuted into us after something like 2 years out with injury when we were an absolute shambles with a 3rd tier Belgian coach and two fit 21 year old CBs. And all of that was BEFORE Roger Johnson joined.
  • Options
    Shane Westley
  • Options
    When Mullery took over as manager he made some awful signings. Years later I dug him out at a charity function in Bromley. He was a bloody nice bloke and admitted he made some bad decisions. I think one was Harrison from Watford who went on to be England coach. Atrocious. Phillips in goal? I know old heads on here will remember better than me.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Scoham said:

I would put Lepoint ahead of him.

You must have forgotten this assist

https://youtu.be/AI0FeL2O5ww
    wow we had a crowd....
    Not talking about Cousins specifically but kissing the badge really is a pretty meaningless act, especially if you play for us. It means kiss all. A kiss today and gone tomorrow.

Steve Claridge (played and managed 23 clubs and 33 stints in total at those clubs) would have been considered a right tart had it been the norm to do so in his era.
  • Options
    Way back in the 1960s, when it seemed the club was for ever doomed to 2nd division football, a group of us on the East Terrace used to nominate a player for an imaginary 'Duffer of the Fortnight' award. This was usually given to someone, who, with the ball at his feet, managed to fall over in front of an open goal or who then ballooned the ball into the crowd (a scenario sadly well known to readers of this forum).
    Names I can recall included Dennis Edwards and Ron Saunders. For some reason the latter gained a vocal following of critics, who never believed he was any good. Who would have thought such an inoffensive player would then go on to be a European Cup winning manager?
    At the end of the season we decided on a 'Duffers' Duffer of the Year'. Barry Endean certainly won by a country mile one season, as I recall.
    When we've all regained our collective sense of humour, after the departure of Roly and Nutkin, how about a Duffers' Hall of Infamy in the museum? All good natured, of course!
  • Options

Way back in the 1960s, when it seemed the club was for ever doomed to 2nd division football, a group of us on the East Terrace used to nominate a player for an imaginary 'Duffer of the Fortnight' award. This was usually given to someone, who, with the ball at his feet, managed to fall over in front of an open goal or who then ballooned the ball into the crowd (a scenario sadly well known to readers of this forum).
    Names I can recall included Dennis Edwards and Ron Saunders. For some reason the latter gained a vocal following of critics, who never believed he was any good. Who would have thought such an inoffensive player would then go on to be a European Cup winning manager?
    At the end of the season we decided on a 'Duffers' Duffer of the Year'. Barry Endean certainly won by a country mile one season, as I recall.
    When we've all regained our collective sense of humour, after the departure of Roly and Nutkin, how about a Duffers' Hall of Infamy in the museum? All good natured, of course!

Dennis Edwards rings a bell. Didn't he put a penalty over the stand?