Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The club's proposal for new look player of the year

Comments

• The interview was just the right length for her to describe herself as a victim of abuse, with a sympathetic interviewer.
  • I didn't hear it, but I wonder if anyone thought it might be worth contacting Feedback (assuming that programme is still running).
  • Have only just read this thread. I'm suitably appalled at their treatment of Jean, but I'd like to suggest the following/collate everyone's prior suggestions on this thread:

- Set up a separate event;
    - Let the club run it, and boycott;
    - Have Jean not seen to be involved, but then vote her in/announce her as Supporter of the Year again (my preferred option - for a bigger f**k you, ideally alongside Rick Everitt!), whereupon we can thank her for organising the event anyway;
    - Cave to the club's demands (let's not do that, obviously);
    - Let the club run it, then point and laugh at how shit it is likely to be.

Anything else?

I cannot believe this.
  • Missed It said:

Really can't think who this reminds me of?

People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others.[8][9] These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors.[10] Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence; people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements.[8][11] In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority.[11]

According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most or all of the following symptoms, typically without commensurate qualities or accomplishments:[8][11]

Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
    Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
    Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
    Needing constant admiration from others
    Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
    Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
    Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
    Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
    Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Aside from the questionable ethics of trying to give a psychiatric diagnosis of a person you've never examined, I reckon your overthinking this.

She's just a bitch!
    @TCE is going to be very unhappy with you....
  • E-mail I have just sent to the Today programme.

Any abuse Katrien Miere receives is purely due to her incompetence at her job, her condescending rudeness to supporters of Charlton Athletic who have been involved with the club for decades more than she has, and the outright lies she tells. That some of that abuse has been sexist is deplorable, but should not take away from the root cause of it. Namely the actions (or inaction) of herself and her absentee boss.

She is quite happy to be “ageist” when it comes to dismissing the older generation of Charlton fans, and is on record as doing so.

She is currently trying to force her involvement on the Charlton Athletic Player of the Year event, which has been organised and run for many years by the supporters of the club, for the supporters of the club. The two main organisers, Ian Wallis and Jean Huelin (who between them have over 100 years of support for the club) work tirelessly to make the event happen. All the club do is send along the players. Now apparently not only does Miere want to cut in to this long standing event, apparently she has insisted that Jean Huelin gets no credit for organising it, whether she (Jean) is involved or not. The same caveat does not apply to Ian Wallis. Now who is being sexist? Because there is no other explanation in the public domain as to why this is.

She has a track record of claiming the glory for the few successful things that happen at Charlton Athletic at the moment, citing the success of the community trust as an achievement of the club (and by implication, her), when it is in fact totally independent of the club, and she and the owner have nothing to do with the running of it at all. Hence her reason for wanting to stick her oar in to something else that works perfectly well without her or the club’s direct involvement.

As the football club plumbs deeper and deeper depths under her stewardship, she should be concerning herself with turning around the mess she has created at The Valley, rather than self- publicity and self-aggrandisement. She is simply awful at her job, and the facts bear this out.

where is this interview she's done with them
  • it was on Radio Four this morning
  • it was on Radio Four this morning

just found the thread
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope that Meire is told where to stick it and that Fanny's contribution to the event is mentioned at every opportunity.
  • Missed It said:

People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others.[8][9] These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors.[10] Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence; people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements.[8][11] In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority.[11]

According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most or all of the following symptoms, typically without commensurate qualities or accomplishments:[8][11]

Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
    Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Aside from the questionable ethics of trying to give a psychiatric diagnosis of a person you've never examined, I reckon your overthinking this.

She's just a bitch!
    And she fits the diagnosis too...
  • Ban Fanny at your peril !!

Put me down for an XL :wink:
  • edited March 2017
    Fumbluff said:

Ban Fanny at your peril !!

Q 'Is that a gun in your pocket?'

A 'No it's that tank the protest fund has finally bought for me' :wink:
  • We could hold an alternative June POTY dinner involving players who are no longer contracted to CAFC which could attract 15-20 players but the downside is Rojo may win and his bar bill might bankrupt the organisation.
  • Meire is clearly some kind of psychopath. I don't mean she's going to go out and slice up 20 strangers, but she clearly has no empathy with anyone else, can only see things from her point of view, and does not comprehend emotion. She needs help.

She's a sociopath.
  • Meire is clearly some kind of psychopath. I don't mean she's going to go out and slice up 20 strangers, but she clearly has no empathy with anyone else, can only see things from her point of view, and does not comprehend emotion. She needs help.

She's a sociopath.
    Doubt it.

She's just shit at her job and gets things wrong quite frequently.

Thin skinned but also relentless ....in her belief that she can still achieve something that benefits her, out of Charlton.

It ain't gana happen sista.

Incompetent and no relevant experience....

It was only a matter of time before it became the car crash no one really expected.

It's Roland that is the vile oath.

The complete wanker that really is a complete wanker.

Please piss off
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

She's just a bitch!
    Probably related to my ex wife.
  • #JusticeForJean
  • Having had the honour of spending an evening in Jean's company and catching up with her on other visits over, I've one thing to say to KM...
    Fuck with @Fanny and you fuck with Oz!!
  • I may need to edit the above post.... :-D
  • I dread to think what would happen to this event if the club organised it. Going on by their actions in the past they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
  • edited March 2017
    Where as , we have proved that the fans can organise a very successful piss up in a brewery Belgium.:wink:
  • Fumbluff said:

Ban Fanny at your peril !!

You fat basta...