Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The club's proposal for new look player of the year

Comments

• edited March 2017

If you ever question the ridiculousness of how she is CEO of an entity that is first and foremost about the people that support it, then the sight of her at last years event with three security guards forming a defensive triangle around her that The US President would have been proud of, and having to sit at a table of her female employees and Trust CEO only, then that was it.

I missed last years event so was not aware of that ... bloody crazy.
  • Even though they have her trussed up like Hannibal Lecter, she still has the power to really annoy.
    I thought this was kicked into touch for at least another year at the fans forum.
    Fanny is going to be very angry
  • On a serious note, Meire again fiddles while Rome burns. The team is going down the khazi, the supporters are deserting in their droves, the football world and broader media see the club as a disaster area and she wants to spend her time interfering in something that has worked perfectly well as a fans event for years.

And is a fan run event too..!!
  • edited March 2017
    Missed It said:

Daisy can't help herself can she. Stamp her feet and have a little tantrum like a nine year old who's just been told no, she can't have a pony!

Wrong thread mate there's one about poo already running :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Love the start of the PowerPoint! The fact that fans still enjoy the Player of the Year Dinner is classed as a "situation", almost as if to say "we've found something about the club that people still enjoy, but don't worry, we've got a Focus Group working on it so rest assured we'll soon reinvent it as something that inspires anger, disappointment and disengagement.

Current Situation
    The current Player of the Year Dinner is one of the most
    enjoyable nights of the year for many fans.

Don't understand this - "Funds raised from the raffle/auction to be donated to the Fans Forum and Charlton Athletic Museum". As I understand it, the Fans Forum is an organisation that meets periodically to discuss issues concerning the day to day running of the club, I don't understand what they need funds for. Also, I thought the museum was run by volunteers and the club provided the premises at no cost, so no overheads. Is this "funds raised will go to the museum to help them pay the rent that we haven't told them we're charging them yet"!

The Museum doesn't pay rent but it still needs funds to buy display and storage equipment and to buy, restore and display new and old items.
  • Move it back to the Meridian.
  • buckshee said:

Move it back to the Meridian.

She will then forbid the players to attend
  • To my mind this event should be as it was in the beginning for Adults. Sorry if I upset anyone with children but they get to meet the players at the Christmas Party. The club should not be involved in the running of it as it has run very well over the years without them!
  • MrLargo said:

Love the start of the PowerPoint! The fact that fans still enjoy the Player of the Year Dinner is classed as a "situation", almost as if to say "we've found something about the club that people still enjoy, but don't worry, we've got a Focus Group working on it so rest assured we'll soon reinvent it as something that inspires anger, disappointment and disengagement.

Current Situation

Don't understand this - "Funds raised from the raffle/auction to be donated to the Fans Forum and Charlton Athletic Museum". As I understand it, the Fans Forum is an organisation that meets periodically to discuss issues concerning the day to day running of the club, I don't understand what they need funds for. Also, I thought the museum was run by volunteers and the club provided the premises at no cost, so no overheads. Is this "funds raised will go to the museum to help them pay the rent that we haven't told them we're charging them yet"!

The Museum doesn't pay rent but it still needs funds to buy display and storage equipment and to buy, restore and display new and old items.
    Fair enough, thank you for clarifying, that makes sense.

Still in the dark as to why the Fans Forum needs funding - what would it do with any money that was raised (apart from passing it on to the museum, or another worthy cause of their choosing)?
  • Meire wants to be the star of her show. She can't abide fans doing anything for themselves. The Fans Forum were set-up to be stooges so the Regime can pretend they are consulting with the fan-base. The organisers should refuse to co-operate and organise their own poll if need-be and boycott Meire's takeover event until she's eventually kicked-out. I wouldn't be bothered about attending in any event but this still makes me angry on behalf of those who have made considerable personal efforts to run this event very successfully in the past. I remember the old do's when we were celebrating a good season. Not quite the same in relegation years is it?

Fans' Forum was set up BEFORE this regime came and many, maybe all, are far from stooges.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Current Situation

Fair enough, thank you for clarifying, that makes sense.

Still in the dark as to why the Fans Forum needs funding - blockquote>

Biscuits?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I would like to say that the concept of collaboration is a good one.
    If what the club lists are proposals and not an imposition then it is possible to discuss things.
    The proposals as far as I can tell have not been thought up by any supporter group and are entirely the idea of somebody at the club it seems.
    I won't dismiss everything on principle because they come from the underlings of Roland Duchatelet and Katrien Meire.

I agree with this view in principle, maybe some club involvement but final arrangements with the current team.
    However, the regime aren't sitting at number one in the popularity stakes currently, neither were they last year, so they'd be best off forgetting it until they turn things around (which could well be unlikely, but who knows). IMO obviously.

• edited March 2017
    I'm awaiting Fanny's response as I'm sure she will have something to say on the matter.

I hope she spills the beans.
  • My first peak into CL this morning and I find this thread !!!!!

I've messaged Henry to ascertain where this piece originated as I can't see it on the OS but this is NOT what KM has led Ian & myself to understand.

Watch this space !

Have inboxed you FF but it was emailed to me after, so I'm told, it was being publicly discussed on lesser Charlton social media outlets.
  • edited March 2017

My first peak into CL this morning and I find this thread !!!!!

I've messaged Henry to ascertain where this piece originated as I can't see it on the OS but this is NOT what KM has led Ian & myself to understand.

Watch this space !

Have inboxed you FF but it was emailed to me after, so I'm told, it was being publicly discussed on lesser Charlton social media outlets.
    The PowerPoint was attached to the fans forum minutes when they were released.

We discussed it on Charlton Live a couple of weeks ago.
  • Meire wants to be the star of her show. She can't abide fans doing anything for themselves. The Fans Forum were set-up to be stooges so the Regime can pretend they are consulting with the fan-base. The organisers should refuse to co-operate and organise their own poll if need-be and boycott Meire's takeover event until she's eventually kicked-out. I wouldn't be bothered about attending in any event but this still makes me angry on behalf of those who have made considerable personal efforts to run this event very successfully in the past. I remember the old do's when we were celebrating a good season. Not quite the same in relegation years is it?

Fans' Forum was set up BEFORE this regime came and many, maybe all, are far from stooges.
    Good point but they are being used as stooges nonetheless.

Good point but they are being used as stooges nonetheless.
    Minutes suggest not. Sure, Meire is happy to say "look, we've met with fans again" but they are trying to ask her difficult questions.

No such group will ever be perfect and I think it could be improved but not fair to label all the members stooges.
  • LouisMend said:

My first peak into CL this morning and I find this thread !!!!!

Watch this space !

The PowerPoint was attached to the fans forum minutes when they were released.

We discussed it on Charlton Live a couple of weeks ago.
    it looks like things have changed since then but sure FF will confirm soon

• Agree with cabbie8 and valleyrobin. Go back to old format with no kids. Kids have the Xmas party and so on. Turns into an autograph hunt and even the players can't relax then. It's their night after all.