Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The club's proposal for new look player of the year

Comments

• It would be more existential of the club if they put a playing squad together worthy of the supporters.
    Tell them to concentrate on that as a priority and once they have proved that they have have even an inkling of what supporters expect, then let them come back to us..............we will no doubt be waiting a very long time for an effective response.
    We need to see a hunger and desire from the club to be successful on the pitch otherwise evenings like this are a damp squib.
    I loved attending the player of the year evening especially after a successful season.
    Katrien, the priority should be to build an AMBITIOUS club, once you have achieved that you can move onto building better relationships with the supporters.
  • LouisMend said:

My first peak into CL this morning and I find this thread !!!!!

I've messaged Henry to ascertain where this piece originated as I can't see it on the OS but this is NOT what KM has led Ian & myself to understand.

Watch this space !

Have inboxed you FF but it was emailed to me after, so I'm told, it was being publicly discussed on lesser Charlton social media outlets.
    The PowerPoint was attached to the fans forum minutes when they were released.

We discussed it on Charlton Live a couple of weeks ago.
    it looks like things have changed since then but sure FF will confirm soon

The PowerPoint itself doesn't seem to have changed from a couple of weeks ago to the one that was attached to the minutes but as you say Fanny can confirm if what was actually discussed was any different to what she was expecting.
  • If it isn't Jackson or Solly at my table I'd rather have no dinner.
  • edited March 2017
    Seriously guys! You're all missing the point here.

The event needs to be a 2:30pm start to stop Roger Johnson from getting into a punch up with any fans!
  • If you ever question the ridiculousness of how she is CEO of an entity that is first and foremost about the people that support it, then the sight of her at last years event with three security guards forming a defensive triangle around her that The US President would have been proud of, and having to sit at a table of her female employees and Trust CEO only, then that was it.

It was necessary though, because I'm absolutely certain someone would have said something to her.
  • edited March 2017
    Personally, I feel @Fanny Fanackapan and @killerjerrylee should offer a compromise - that in addition to the POTY trophy, they will this year take on the responsibility for awarding the Against League 3 trophy for WOOTY, on condition the recipient attends in person to be presented with his award. Everything else to remain as has been successfully trialled over many years.
  • Sponsored links:

• My understanding is that the club is prepared to allow the PotY to go ahead in its usual format on April 23rd on condition that Fanny is not (seen to be) involved in the organisation. This is purely personal spite on the part of Meire as far as I can see, and ties up entirely with her foot-stamping performance in 2015 over my five minutes on the Valley Party 25th anniversary.

This would mean Fanny can (and will probably have to) do the work but must have no recognition on instructions from Meire. How petty is that?

As it's not run by the club couldn't the venue be changed?
  • Having a women involved in something that is successful at Charlton just will not do:-0.
  • My understanding is that the club is prepared to allow the PotY to go ahead in its usual format on April 23rd on condition that Fanny is not (seen to be) involved in the organisation. This is purely personal spite on the part of Meire as far as I can see, and ties up entirely with her foot-stamping performance in 2015 over my five minutes on the Valley Party 25th anniversary.

This would mean Fanny can (and will probably have to) do the work but must have no recognition on instructions from Meire. How petty is that?

It's perfectly possible to run a parallel event, but obviously the (current) players would not be allowed to attend.
  • Missed It said:

Daisy can't help herself can she. Stamp her feet and have a little tantrum like a nine year old who's just been told no, she can't have a pony!

PS Sounds as if you are talking from personal experience - did your daughter ever forgive you?

• They are using kids as a human shield to prevent protests. They did the same thing prior to the Wolves game last season and probably other occasions too.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017
    It's obvious to me that Meire is desparate for involvement in the POTY party because she will want to claim the all glory afterwards and crow about it. However, she still wants the fans to do all the normal organising and associated hard work - without recognition!

Last year she had bodyguards with her because she knew she was not wanted there. What's changed? If anything it's far, far worse!

As others have said, if it aint broke don't try to fix it. Leave it to the people who know what they are doing and tell Pinocchio to keep her unwelcome nose out of it.

It's a fans event, her job is to fix the club.
  • Lookman for POYT
  • I'm so glad I've never been interested in these sort of events. I think I might have exploded otherwise.
    :-)

surely we should hand it over to the club then and then start a campaign for total and utter boycott
  • I heard the reason they want it held after the final game of the season, is because Meire/Keohane/whoever, didn't advise the players & some have booked holidays at the season's end.

They are using kids as a human shield to prevent protests. They did the same thing prior to the Wolves game last season and probably other occasions too.

This.

If this is true I sincerely hope Fanny tells there were to shove this event.

That just can't be true, surely???
    It is. I didn't want to quote Fanny as this was her news to impart but seeing as someone has already done so I will now comment. I was told by Fanny over the weekend that the Cloob did indeed want to take it over but then said the Fans Forum can run it again this year on the proviso that Fanny was not involved at all. I believe there was some discussion over telling the Cloob to poke it.