Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AJOSE loan to Swindon

Comments

• Options
    Igor currently crocked but had started banging them in. I think hammy. But interesting if Gobbo can call on him Watt and Kashi next season.
  • Options
    The chances of any of them being here next season, is about the same as England winning the next World Cup.
  • Options

Are people forgetting how shite Ajose was for us?

Most of the team have been sub par.
  • Options

Yes he was shit, but if played in a 442 with Magennis i think he'd be ok. I'd rather have Ajose in a front 2 instead of Novak.
  • Options
    His 34 goals in the last two seasons playing for poor League 1 teams suggest he is good enough for this level and could be an important player in us having a real go next season if a new owner arrives before the summer.

• Options

Charlton players standing always improves, when they playing for any other team. FACT.
  • Options

Charlton players standing always improves, when they are not playing. FACT.
    Agree with that, Tex was seen as the saviour when not playing and hasn't been great this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So let me get this right:

We pay big money for Ajose who has scored 36 times in 76 appearances in the last two seasons.

We've already lost Lookman one of our main goal threats. That leaves us with just three out and out forwards but not one who doesn't want to come short, rather than actually getting in the box on the end of things.

We have Novak and Watt starting for us who between them have managed just 5 goals in 65 appearances this season, one of which was a penalty.

And we send Ajose out on loan to a fellow relegation candidate.

Can someone explain the logic in any of this because I'm struggling.

Because a lot of people wrote him off?
  • Options

So let me get this right:

We pay big money for Ajose who has scored 36 times in 76 appearances in the last two seasons.

We've already lost Lookman one of our main goal threats. That leaves us with just three out and out forwards but not one who doesn't want to come short, rather than actually getting in the box on the end of things.

We have Novak and Watt starting for us who between them have managed just 5 goals in 65 appearances this season, one of which was a penalty.

And we send Ajose out on loan to a fellow relegation candidate.

Can someone explain the logic in any of this because I'm struggling.

Don't look for logic in anything this lot have done, there is none to be found.
  • Options
    Un-bellend-ievable
  • Options
    The good news is that now that he is doing well, Roland can sell him to Swindon for more money!

Hey, maybe he gets a hat trick against us in our final match and it sends us to League Two!
  • Options

shirty5 said:
    How the heck did they get that info; ITTV is now an invite only site.
    Invite only... hahaha

"Are you a creepy, slightly abusive weirdo that likes bumming up to Katrien Meire? Come on down!"
    What do I win if I can answer "Yes"?
  • Options

The good news is that now that he is doing well, Roland can sell him to Swindon for more money!

Hey, maybe he gets a hat trick against us in our final match and it sends us to League Two!

Not sure what the rules are now can he play against us?
  • Options
    Wheather Ajose is any good or not is irrelevant with Robinson as our manager.
    Robinson clearly doesn't rate him and will not pick a team to play to his strengths.
    So taking that into consideration we will not get the best out of him
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Swindon have to play none of our relegation rivals. It would be handy if we could recall him, but I don't think we can.

Swindon Town v Milton Keynes Dons Sat 8 Apr 15:00

Swindon Town v AFC Wimbledon Fri 14 Apr 15:00

Walsall v Swindon Town Mon 17 Apr 15:00

Swindon Town v Scunthorpe United Sat 22 Apr 15:00

Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town Sun 30 Apr 12:00
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    31/01/2017

Nicky Ajose has joined League One side Swindon Town on loan until the end of the season.

The striker arrived at The Valley from the County Ground in the summer of 2016 and has scored seven goals in 28 appearances for the Addicks this season.

His last appearance came against Bristol Rovers on January 2nd and he now returns to the club where he netted 24 times in League One last term.

Manager Karl Robinson said: “It’s important at this stage of his career for Nicky to be playing regularly and we are not able to guarantee that here at the moment. Hopefully he’ll enjoy being back in familiar surroundings, score some goals for Swindon and we’ll then see where we are in the summer.

“In the meantime we have plenty of striking options with Josh Magennis back soon, Lee Novak fully fit and Tony Watt who has been like a new signing for us. We’re hopeful to get one more striker in before the window closes which will give me plenty of quality options up front.”

Swindon currently sit 20th in League One and Ajose could make his third debut for the Robins against Oxford United on Sunday.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-nicky-ajose-loan-swindon-town-deadline-day-3547498.aspx#BRpmpqrke5b590Kp.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I questioned the decision at the time, and it looks more and more ridiculous as each week passes.

If KR had been successfully playing 4-2-3-1 with the rest of our squad for several months, I could understand it, but to write someone off so quickly because he didn't fit in with the system was crazy, when there was no evidence the system was working any better than what we had used before, or that we wouldn't need to go back to 2 up front either
  • Options

I questioned the decision at the time, and it looks more and more ridiculous as each week passes.

If KR had been successfully playing 4-2-3-1 with the rest of our squad for several months, I could understand it, but to write someone off so quickly because he didn't fit in with the system was crazy, when there was no evidence the system was working any better than what we had used before, or that we wouldn't need to go back to 2 up front either

In KR's defence I doubt any manager would want to lose a goalscorer by choice.

I should imagine he was told he could either have Ajose, Watt or Vetokele, as we would only pay one of their wages and he chose Watt. The other 2 going/staying on loan.
  • Options
    Ajose season stats: Played 32, 11 Goals, 3 Assists. (For Swindon Played 11, 5 Goals, 2 Assists). Swindon have won 4, lost 6 and drawn 1 in games where he has started. He probably has helped them to an additional 3 or 4 points.

I suppose the delusional ‘Charlton charge’ had a hand in the decision to loan him to a perceived lesser rival. Quelle surprise the SMT were wide of the mark … again.
  • Options
    Another 3 points towards safety for Swindon courtesy of our generous owner.
  • Options
    Should NEVER have loaned him out -- especially not to a relegation rival - and especially not when it left us with only 3 strikers, who weren't exactly pulling up trees at the time & things haven't improved since his leaving.

Madness - utter madness.
  • Options
    I thought Ajose was a smart buy. Based just on highlights of last year (not always the best way to judge, I know), he had real velocity on his strikes. Was worried that he was a ball hog because he had zero assists.

But the fact he leaves to a worse team and does better shows how our choices in managers have no ability to bring out the best in our players.
  • Options
    It's worth mentioning that Swindon play a narrow 4-4-2, mostly play a 4-1-2-1-2 with Ajose up top with Obika.

Now, I wonder what formation we have been playing lately? The decision to send him out based on he wouldn't fit into the 4-2-3-1 was and is ridiculous.

I am sure if we had Ajose in the side now playing the way we have been, we would have scored at least a handful more goals, probably enough to see us to safety.

I really hope he stays. With the right players and the right system, he will score a shed load. That's what you need in this division.

Sheffield United are top for a reason, they're clinical and have a goalscorer, the top goalscorer in the league, Billy Sharp has 26 goals and 5 assists, it's not hard to work out.
  • Options
    All the debates about Ajose being loaned and whether he would have scored more goals for us, seem immaterial and undermined by the fact that our defence can't stop letting in goals! I despair with both ends of the team and the middle at the moment!
  • Options

I thought Ajose was a smart buy. Based just on highlights of last year (not always the best way to judge, I know), he had real velocity on his strikes. Was worried that he was a ball hog because he had zero assists.

But the fact he leaves to a worse team and does better shows how our choices in managers have no ability to bring out the best in our players.

But that is how we always get players in under RD