Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AJOSE loan to Swindon

Comments

• Options
    Would be nice to see him with Magdennis or Novak, still think its there just need to play to his strength and with 2 up top
  • Options
    I assume we can't play him now as he went for the duration of the window

Are Swindon still paying part of his wages though?
  • Options
    Don't think he can play for us again this season as loan to Swindon for rest of season.

I thought there was no recall on league loans any more but could be wrong.
  • Options
    Saw him going down the tunnel last night when Josh went off
  • Options
    He seemed to be running okay, when going downstairs. Was at training ground last week, so I can only assume he's back.

As far as I'm aware, any loan deal can be terminated, under the proviso that both clubs agree
  • Options
    If he can play for us, which I think he can, he could be just what we need up front. You can't Magennis and Novak together.
  • Options
    His registration was transferred to Swindon for the rest of the season. There are no recall clauses on loans within the football league anymore.

He won't be able to play for us again this season.
  • Options
    Swindon OS, says hamstring injury..
  • Options
    Surely we will see, if he has got injured like Malvidi and sent back. If they recover they must be able to play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely we will see, if he has got injured like Malvidi and sent back. If they recover they must be able to play

Yeah he goes straight back to Swindon to complete the loan.

He's back here to recover from injury because he's our responsibility... If Swindon were to handle the injury themselves and then make his condition worse (which results in having to retire) then they'd have to compensate Charlton Athletic for the potential transfer loss over future years that we could have made from the player... Same reason why Mavididi has gone back to Arsenal.

Its like how I found with Wickes the other month, if you want a new bathroom from them, everything has to come out (i.e. tilling) because if you want it left in and they ultimately damage it, then they're liable
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.1.4 below);
    Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#k43icMPPJveprXB2.99

This looks like the only thing that could possibly happen for him to play? fingers crossed i hope if he is back he can play some part and get some games
    *Ignore i have read it says only during a transfer window

Maybe he is needed in the U23 squad :disappointed:
  • Options
    No doubt it's been discussed elsewhere but I thought Ajose was injured and is back at the club. How did he then score against port vale today.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

No doubt it's been discussed elsewhere but I thought Ajose was injured and is back at the club. How did he then score against port vale today.

Played 75 minutes with a season ending injury by all accounts
  • Options
    Looking like a very short sighted decision to loan him out now we're playing two upfront.

I'd agree if we were using 4-5-1 and it was working. But that's the thing about having strength in depth...
  • Options

Looking like a very short sighted decision to loan him out now we're playing two upfront.

I'd agree if we were using 4-5-1 and it was working. But that's the thing about having strength in depth...

Yet another nightMeire decision. Well done Charlton,well done indeed.
  • Options
    Why did we loan him out anyway? Scored 7 goals in 20 games, the same as Magennis
  • Options
    At this rate he could end up being our top scorer...but for someone else...wtf...!!!, POTY anybody...oh yeah de cloob fucked that up too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why did we loan him out anyway? Scored 7 goals in 20 games, the same as Magennis

At the time we loaned him out we were only playing one up front and with Watt returning they either felt they didn't need him, or the wonderful management told KR to get some wages off the books. Now we've started playing 2 up front it looks a very bad decision.
  • Options
    Maybe KR had to get rid of him (probably one of our higher earners) to get the funds for JFC etc. Getting rid of Lookman and Fox wasn't enough for the cash that he wanted to splash, or that was used to cover losses for the year and he had to get rid of some more before the squad could be improved?
  • Options

At the time we loaned him out we were only playing one up front and with Watt returning they either felt they didn't need him, or the wonderful management told KR to get some wages off the books. Now we've started playing 2 up front it looks a very bad decision.
    It was a bad decision at the time and I said as much then. Regardless whether Robinson favours one man up front, there are always going to be times where a change of system is necessary. Robinson threw all his eggs into the 4-2-3-1 basket and it failed, as a result he had to change things and Ajose would have been a much better option than Novak.
  • Options
    Tells you all you need to know about the muppets in charge of OUR club.
  • Options
    Almost certainly Robbo was given a choice. Watt return or Ajose. Personally I think he made the right call despite goal stats.
  • Options
    While on the subject of strikers I see Danny Haynes, albeit down the leagues for Cray, has 21 in 24 and is still only 29. Perhaps his hammys are recovered. Still the quickest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt. I also still look out for Nasir Ciftci out on loan in the back of beyond.
  • Options
    Ajose and Kermorgant will tear this league up next year after the takeover.
  • Options
    Only saw Ajose 3 times. Thought he was utter sh***. Don't buy that we didn't play to his strengths. Thought he was lazy and technically inferior. League 2 quality. Not sorry we shipped him out. I'd have Watt any day over him (if I had a real choice I'd have neither!).
  • Options

Almost certainly Robbo was given a choice. Watt return or Ajose. Personally I think he made the right call despite goal stats.

Wasn't he given the choice betweeen TWWWW and Igor?