Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson: "Some players at Charlton not giving their all"

Comments

• I can't imagine having TWatt around is exactly helping matters - last person you need in a dressing room in difficult times.
    All sounds pretty dire....
  • Who are these players though. Is it 2/3, 4/5 etc?
  • Then Robinson should leave them out of the match day squad until they show they are willing to give it all. It's no excuse for Robbo, even with JJ backing him up. No point moaning about them when he's chosen to play them. He's clueless.

Spot on.
  • Swisdom said:

Sounds 100 times more of a manager, coach and motivator than Jimmy Tarbuck

Inclined to agree. I think he'll be a great gaffer some day next week.
    Fixed
  • Even if we accept that the players are good enough, which is debatable, if so many simply don't want to be at the club then that's points to a much deeper malaise. Whether that is the wrong manager (which after last night is plausible) or a wider backroom meltdown resulting from Roland's running of the club.
  • Then Robinson should leave them out of the match day squad until they show they are willing to give it all. It's no excuse for Robbo, even with JJ backing him up. No point moaning about them when he's chosen to play them. He's clueless.

Robinson did point out that he fielded the players that were fit to play, so in that regard his hands are tied. But every manager at every club has to make the best of the hand they are dealt; most do that with few public gripes.
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:

Who are these players though. Is it 2/3, 4/5 etc?

Robinson last night indicated it was 40%.
  • mogodon said:

pettgra said:

Jesus, that many?
    Frightening.
  • edited March 2017
    pettgra said:

mogodon said:

pettgra said:

Jesus, that many?
    Frightening.
    It is, still maybe his maths might be as good as man management and tactics.
  • Said it before but Jackson will make more from his autobiography than he will have from football.
  • Don't forget the film rights Rodders from 'The Damned and far from United' :wink:
  • I find it a bit laughable that some are slagging Robinson for saying that some players are not playing for the shirt yet when Jackson says it then he gets Praise.

What does come out is that both KR and JJ are right. That dressing room dissent is very much down to Robinson. If he can't sort that pdq which I don't think he can then we are bang in trouble.

Totally agree. I would say though, the only difference is that the manager could and should have sorted it during the transfer window. of course, he's not going to admit that his hands were tied because that would contradict his, " It's not the owners fault" bollocks.
  • Jacko has been used as the human shield by this regime on several occasions.
  • RedChaser said:

pettgra said:

mogodon said:

pettgra said:

Jesus, that many?
    Frightening.
    It is, still maybe his maths might be as good as man management and tactics.
    That would not surprise me!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017
    Players can say it, the manager has to be more careful.
  • Remember the last time a player was rolled out to the press? Didn;t go to well for that manager did it.
  • What a dreadful state of affairs.

I am truly concerned for our future and cannot rule out relegation this year. 40% of our players not interested could see us losing all the remaining games. One of the brightest players, Mavididi, who could have made a difference, out for the rest of the season.

The visionary from Belgium has comprehensively failed with his experiment and has destroyed the very fabric our club.
  • CAFCTrev said:

When Robbo says it how it is hes called a mouthy scouse c*nt. Then when Jacko pretty much repeats what Robbo says, we talk about what a club legend Jacko is. I dont get it.

Partly because it's pretty much Robinsons fault that the dressing room is so bad.

There is a certain duplicity though.
  • mogodon said:

CAFCTrev said:

So when Jacko pretty much repeats what Robbo says we talk about what a club legend he is, but when Robbo says it hes a mouthy scouse c*nt. I dont get it.

Difference is that Jackson is one of them and is speaking as one of them. He makes a general comment which reflects an honest opinion and I suspect is something he would say to their faces. He says what he says succinctly and seemingly with honesty.

Robinson, as manager, has a duty to act as the shield for players. Yes, he needs to criticise when it is due, but his post-match crossed a line into questioning professionalism and seemingly looking to blame them for failings which he is largely responsible for.

Jackson was not making excuses. Robinson was doing little else.

This.
  • I find it a bit laughable that some are slagging Robinson for saying that some players are not playing for the shirt yet when Jackson says it then he gets Praise.

What does come out is that both KR and JJ are right. That dressing room dissent is very much down to Robinson. If he can't sort that pdq which I don't think he can then we are bang in trouble.

Because if you were at the game it's clearly Robinson's tactical ineptitude that's the problem. Jacko is hardly going to blame the manager is he?