Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle League 1 2017

Comments

• Options
    Need to get Jason Pearce back on the pitch... 8-pts out of 36 (from a recent article) since he's been missing is a joke
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

20 points since the beginning of December in the league, P21 W4 D8 L9

Won 4 out of 21.........jeez........

All the time relegation is still a possibility there'll be no sale, any potential buyer needs to know what they are buying, League 1 or League 2 club.

RD didn't. He just agreed an additional £4M to be paid if we stayed up.
  • Options

Need to get Jason Pearce back on the pitch... 8-pts out of 36 (from a recent article) since he's been missing is a joke

I'm not sure he'd make much of a difference forever, it's terrible on so many levels at the moment
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm not sure he'd make much of a difference forever, it's terrible on so many levels at the moment
    Agreed... He can only keep the balls out of the net... We need someone to put the ball into the opposition net to get the sole win that should guarantee survival!!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

He'd definitely give some leadership out on the pitch though
  • Options
    Still 50-1 with sky bet for relegation.
  • Options
    Can't believe more people are not worried. Been saying for ages we are goners - and nothing since has changed my mind.

We will be in league 2 next year. No fight in the team, club is toxic.

Surely we can all see it now.
  • Options

Can't believe more people are not worried. Been saying for ages we are goners - and nothing since has changed my mind.

We will be in league 2 next year. No fight in the team, club is toxic.

Surely we can all see it now.

This.
  • Options

Just bet £10 on it. Might as well get some enjoyment from it.
  • Options

Quite. I cannot believe those odds. Based on current form I fully expected to see a 5-1 quote !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Quite. I cannot believe those odds. Based on current form I fully expected to see a 5-1 quote !
    Can only assume they are short staffed and haven't updated yet. Strange.
  • Options

Can only assume they are short staffed and haven't updated yet. Strange.
    Or they've read the Great Scouser's post match words of wisdom !
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The Gills are 2 points behind us & have played a game more. Their goal difference is 19 worse than us, so they are effectively 3 points behind us.
    I think The Gills or Shrewsbury will drop & somehow we'll get a couple of wins or a win and a couple of draws.

Charlton musn't lose to Gillingham.

Gillingham Fixtures

Gillingham v Millwall Sat 8 Apr 15:00

Gillingham v Bristol Rovers Fri 14 Apr 15:00

Charlton Athletic v Gillingham Mon 17 Apr 15:00

Gillingham v Fleetwood Town Sat 22 Apr 15:00

Northampton Town v Gillingham Sun 30 Apr 12:00
  • Options

The Gills are 2 points behind us & have played a game more. Their goal difference is 19 worse than us, so they are effectively 3 points behind us. I think The Gills or Shrewsbury will drop a7 somehow we'll get a couple of wins.

Gillingham Fixtures

What makes you think we will have such a huge turnaround on results and win two more games? What is it about the way we are playing that makes you think there will be such a massive improvement?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Shrewsbury are 4 points behind Charlton and have played the same amount of games. Their GD is 17 worse, so effectively they are 5 points behind.

Shrewsbury Town v Millwall Tue 4 Apr 19:45

Shrewsbury Town v Rochdale Sat 8 Apr 15:00

Shrewsbury Town v Walsall Fri 14 Apr 15:00

Northampton Town v Shrewsbury Town Mon 17 Apr 15:00

Shrewsbury Town v Southend United Sat 22 Apr 15:00

Oxford United v Shrewsbury Town Sun 30 Apr 12:00
  • Options
    NB I'm supporting Millwall this week (with regret).
  • Options
    Chizz said:

The Gills are 2 points behind us & have played a game more. Their goal difference is 19 worse than us, so they are effectively 3 points behind us. I think The Gills or Shrewsbury will drop a7 somehow we'll get a couple of wins.

Gillingham Fixtures

What makes you think we will have such a huge turnaround on results and win two more games? What is it about the way we are playing that makes you think there will be such a massive improvement?
    We have to play 2 relegation certainties in Coventry & Chesterfield & they were without doubt 2 of the worst teams we've faced at The Valley. We also have to play Gillingham & Swindon, who are likely to be the other 2 relegation teams.

MKD game is winnable, so only Southend game is tough.

I'm quietly confident that by hook or by crook we can get 5 points from those 6 games and I've always said 52 points will be enough for us, with a superior goal difference.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Gillingham Fixtures

We have to play 2 relegation certainties in Coventry & Chesterfield & they were without doubt 2 of the worst teams we've faced at The Valley. We also have to play Gillingham & Swindon, who are likely to be the other 2 relegation teams.

I'm quietly confident that by hook or by crook we can get 5 points from those 6 games and I've always said 52 points will be enough for us, with a superior goal difference.
    I have no confidence that Robinson is capable of out-witting any opponent in this league, this season, with the poor squad he's put together.
  • Options

60 with PP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Gillingham Fixtures

I have no confidence that Robinson is capable of out-witting any opponent in this league, this season, with the poor squad he's put together.
    That's why I also backed us to go down last month at 40-1. :wink:
  • Options
    Covered End your analogy about goal difference adding another point only really works if they go onto equal points . Makes no difference if they win there next game and we lose. Goal difference will only count for anything if we are 3 points clear going into the final fixture.
  • Options

Covered End your analogy about goal difference adding another point only really works if they go onto equal points . Makes no difference if they win there next game and we lose. Goal difference will only count for anything if we are 3 points clear going into the final fixture.

Agreed, but unless we get thrashed a few times (highly unlikely), our goal difference will almost certainly be better than any of our rivals. So they will have to get one more point than us.
  • Options
    Agree mate but that doesn't seem too difficult at present does it !!!
  • Options
    Getting one more point than us, I meant
  • Options
    If we lose the next 2 games it really will be squeeky bum time.
  • Options

60 with PP
    Just topped up my pre-season 14's with a tenner at that price. Ridiculous value given we are only 4 above the drop zone and in a terrible run of form with little sign of turning it around.
  • Options
    Had free bet on my pp account so too up, I stand to win 1500 quid if we go down but would rather we stayed up!
  • Options
    66/1 with sporting bet
  • Options
    I'm sorry but our odds of going down are NOT 40-1, 50-1 or 66-1. That is an easy bet to take. Not to mention if we do go down, a 10£ bet pays enough for a pair of season tickets in the best section of The Valley.