Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle League 1 2017

167891012»

Comments

• Options

Mathematically safe after Bury only drew at Bolton. To all the frauds who had a bet on us going down this season. Shhhhhhh!

Katrien's booked the open top bus for the celebration parade on Sunday
    You wouldn't put it passed her.
    Karl's told her we are champions of the league of 10!
  • Options
    i did think we were going down for a while, nothing short of what we have deserved to do, im not even that happy weve stayed up tbh its the sense of that we have achieved something which annoys me, we should never have been in this position in the 1st place, top six budget playoffs minimum, the low point for me this season has to be that mk dons home game ive never been so ashamed of my club, they couldnt even get fired up for that theres a good few in that side that need to fuck off with imediate effect, and hopefully never come back.

out of the 5 that could go down, i would probably send Swindon and bury down.

Gillingham - localish big away day
    Shrewsbury - never been there so could tick off next year
    port vale - seem like a nice club know a few port vale fans loosely and would like to see them stay up plus havent been there so would like to tick that off.
  • Options

Mathematically safe after Bury only drew at Bolton. To all the frauds who had a bet on us going down this season. Shhhhhhh!

I backed us to go down - several times.
    I'm not a fraud. I'd feel more of a fraud if I was writing comments against the regime but paying for season or matchday tickets.
    Meanwhile, I'm off to celebrate staying in league one so early in the season.
  • Options
    Let me get one thing very straight. I am not celebrating stayiing up in League 1. (Division 3).
  • Options
    We're in SECOND... End the season now!!
  • Options
    Top of the bottom 9
  • Options

Let me get one thing very straight. I am not celebrating stayiing up in League 1. (Division 3).

Have a second thing straight - give up calling people frauds.
  • Options
    Serious note we know already Coventry and Chesterfield are gone. Which two other sides will join them in going down?
  • Options
    Think the other two currently in the relegation places, Swindon and Port Vale, will go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swindon will go unless they get a minimum 4 points from their 2 games, and even then that might not be enough so i think they'll drop.

Port vale have Bolton at home, then both Walsall and Fleetwood away, so can't see them getting enough points either, especially with 2 of those sides chasing automatic promotion.
  • Options

Swindon will go unless they get a minimum 4 points from their 2 games, and even then that might not be enough so i think they'll drop.

Port vale have Bolton at home, then both Walsall and Fleetwood away, so can't see them getting enough points either, especially with 2 of those sides chasing automatic promotion.

Bury on the other hand finish with Northampton away and Southend at home.

Reckon your right about Port Vale joining them but think it'll all hinge on that game in hand against Walsall.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think the other two currently in the relegation places, Swindon and Port Vale, will go.

Especially as they're GD is worse than Bury's

It's weird to think that at one point there were genuine concerns that Port Vale might catch us. They showed glimmers of decent form, but have now lost 4 on the spin
  • Options

She'd probably mess up the booking.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

iaitch said:

Especially as they're GD is worse than Bury's

It's weird to think that at one point there were genuine concerns that Port Vale might catch us. They showed glimmers of decent form, but have now lost 4 on the spin
    Its crazy looking at all of Port Vale | Bury | Chesterfield...

At one stage of the season it looked like all three could have been shock Play-Off contentors
  • Options
    Good side Bury, look at the teams they've done the double over!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2017

She'd probably mess up the booking.
    True she couldn't arrange a prayer in a mosque.
  • Options
    looks like it will be port vale taking the last spot, have to get a minimum of a draw away at walsall and then beat fleetwood who themselves need to win to have a chance of automatic, of course port vale can with both and still go down if gills beat northampton.
  • Options
    Not that disappointed with Port Vale going down. Would prefer Gillingham to stay up and have another local away game.
  • Options
    if i could of picked would of had bury my wait for a trip to vale park goes on, flip side from below who would you like to come up via playoffs and who would you have coming down from championship to join rotherham and likely wigan, id take forest as a great away day, and from league 2 would have blackpool as never been and wouldn't mind doing a weekend up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not that disappointed with Port Vale going down. Would prefer Gillingham to stay up and have another local away game.

But only if they play like they did at The Valley!
  • Options

if i could of picked would of had bury my wait for a trip to vale park goes on, flip side from below who would you like to come up via playoffs and who would you have coming down from championship to join rotherham and likely wigan, id take forest as a great away day, and from league 2 would have blackpool as never been and wouldn't mind doing a weekend up there.

Birmingham and stevenage.
  • Options
    Port Vale win tonight (late Chris Eagles winner)

I can't see them winning at Fleetwood though, and a draw is unlikely to be enough unless Gillingham lose heavily
  • Options
    Gillingham have aced the unlikely last-day relegation twice in recent memory, though...
  • Options
    Port Vale gone for me. Still can't believe we're in the same league as Fleetwood, and possibly lower.
  • Options

Port Vale gone for me. Still can't believe we're in the same league as Fleetwood, and possibly lower.

Burton v Fleetwood in the Championship next season?
  • Options
    Charlton V The Hop and Rye pub in 5 years time?
  • Options

Requested from the Playoff Thread. In or Out. Lest hope we're not the former.

We are not going to need this thread this season. Are we?
  • Options
    Blimey. I remember starting this thread. That years gone so quickly, and what a surprise... nothings changed. Perhaps the mods could give this a 2018 title update.