Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Battle League 1 2017

Comments

• Options

I'm sorry but our odds of going down are NOT 40-1, 50-1 or 66-1. That is an easy bet to take. Not to mention if we do go down, a 10£ bet pays enough for a pair of season tickets in the best section of The Valley.

What are your odds then?
  • Options

I'm sorry but our odds of going down are NOT 40-1, 50-1 or 66-1. That is an easy bet to take. Not to mention if we do go down, a 10£ bet pays enough for a pair of season tickets in the best section of The Valley.

Er, they clearly are.
  • Options
    I we will beat MK Dons on Tuesday night, Lose to Southend, draw at Coventry, beat the Gills, beat Chesterfield & lose to Swindon.

10 points. Finish 17
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    If all teams continue current form the last 5-7 matches, I show we will miss relegation by 2 points. That's if we get one win and one draw in the remainder. Will we? We have one win our last... 13?

What if it comes down to the final match of the year? It could. I think it might. Us vs. Swindon to go down. Did I mention they have won two straight?

There are 7 teams up for the final 2 relegation spots, including us. Every single one of them has more points the last 5-7 matches than us. We are just 4 points out of relegation with 6 to play. We are just 5 points from 22nd!! With 6 matches to play? That's nothing when your team is playing awful.

I put the odds at 7-2. I think it's a crap shoot for the 7 remaining teams vying for the 2 spots.

From a "pot odds" standpoint, taking 66-1 is a no-brainer. As is 40-1.
  • Options

We are just 5 points from 23rd!! With 6 matches to play? That's nothing when your team is playing awful.

I put the odds at 7-2. I think it's a crap shoot for the 7 remaining teams vying for the 2 spots.

From a "pot odds" standpoint, taking 66-1 is a no-brainer. As is 40-1.

Mate, you're talking rot. We are 13 points from 23rd.

PS don't ever think of becoming a bookmaker.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sorry, meant 22nd. Fixed.

My point still stands. Two spots up for relegation. 7 teams contending. 4 and 5 points away from the spots and 6 remaining.

Odds 7/2.

66-1 and 40-1 are just plain silly given our play. Believe otherwise at your peril.

• Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    We are gone. There is no way we will avoid relegation - I don't think we will come close to winning another game between now and the end of the season.

Our current form has gone beyond and 3 or 4 game run. This is a rot we are stuck in for the next month
  • Options
    There must be a glimmer of hope for survival somewhere surely. According to the bbc report we were the better side yesterday for much of the game but "just could not manage a breakthrough". A couple of wins before the end of the season. Of course we can do it.
  • Options
    100/1 on William hill
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    We will stay up comfortably
    yes we are shit at present but our players are better than results
    everyone was saying the same about palace a few weeks back and even though their results at the time were shit they have players good enough to get them out of the mess unfortunately

• Options

My point still stands. Two spots up for relegation. 7 teams contending. 4 and 5 points away from the spots and 6 remaining.

Odds 7/2.

66-1 and 40-1 are just plain silly given our play. Believe otherwise at your peril.

5 and 6 points because of our goal difference. And a game in hand on Swindon. And probably the easiest run in of all the sides fighting to avoid relegation, including having 4 of our last 6 games at home.

It certainly won't be comfortable, as the fact we're in April and even having this discussion suggests it's not, but no way would we ever be 7/2 in our current situation. If we lose the next 2 then yes definitely, but even then given the last 4 games, we should be ok.
  • Options
    I think we will have one last burst that will see us safe. For 3 quarters of the games yesterday we contained them well. But we will have to sweat a little more. I think it was once said there are only 2 certainties in life; taxes and death. Maybe a third and that is Charlton rarely making things easy. That has been the case with many different Charlton teams long before Roland. But we will scrape through. But that said of course it ain't really for a club like us.
  • Options

There must be a glimmer of hope for survival somewhere surely. According to the bbc report we were the better side yesterday for much of the game but "just could not manage a breakthrough". A couple of wins before the end of the season. Of course we can do it.

I suspect we have lost count of sides "too good to go down" or are just "unlucky" in matches. Over a season the league table does not lie (unlike Katrien and Karl). I do think we'll stay up but, Christ, who'd have thought even in the darkest moments a year ago that we'd be relieved to do that in League 1.
  • Options
    I also think we are gone . No points from the next two games in my view , then anything can happen at Coventry . Squeaky bum time for sure .
  • Options

We will stay up comfortably
    yes we are shit at present but our players are better than results
    everyone was saying the same about palace a few weeks back and even though their results at the time were shit they have players good enough to get them out of the mess unfortunately

Listen to this man. The mystic percentages never lie. If this man is telling us we'll stay up, it's enough for me
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    shine166 said:

100/1 on William hill

Those odds are out of date, haven't been updated for the weekend results and are not available. 66/1 is the best on offer at sportingbet.com
  • Options
    There is no way we will go down and I know how shit we are but it won't happen. Anyone who thinks it will ill offer double what ever you wanna bet if we do
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Odds 7/2.

Well this is clearly a great investment opportunity for you if you genuinely believe the bookies have got it so wrong. Hit 'em hard!

Personally I wouldn't. Their odds may be slightly generous but I doubt they're all that far out.

And for the most part it's not our play that's the problem. It's taking our chances when they come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    still can't believe we are debating relegation to League 2. Just shows what a shit shower of a Club we have become.
  • Options
    remaining games from us down (have omitted chesterfield and coventry because there already gone pretty much)

points and gd in brackets

Bury (46 -11)

Bradford H
    rochdale H
    Bolton A
    Northampton H
    Southend A

Port Vale (45 -15)

Rochdale A
    Chesterfield A
    sheff utd H
    Oxford A
    Bolton H
    Walsall A
    Fleetwood A

Gillingham (45 -18)

Millwall H
    Bristol Rovers H
    Charlton A
    Fleetwood H
    Northampton A

Shrewsbury (43 -16)

Millwall H
    Rochdale H
    Walsall H
    Northampton A
    Southend H
    Oxford A

Swindon (42 -17)

mk dons H
    Afc Wimbledon H
    Walsall A
    Scunthorpe H
    Charlton A

the only thing that worries me is the 2 teams currently occupying 21st and 22nd have 2/3 home games in a row IF there crowd can get behind them and they turn them into wins we could be in trouble ultimately we have 6 left and 5 points is enough if they cant amass them points then we deserve to go down tbh and a massive clear out should commence as ultimately these players arent playing for the shirt anymore there just being lazy - and generally couldnt give a fuck
  • Options
    Panic over, I've just had a quick working out....

• Options

There is no way we will go down and I know how shit we are but it won't happen. Anyone who thinks it will ill offer double what ever you wanna bet if we do

What odds now ?
  • Options

What odds now ?
    40/1 Skybet.
  • Options

What odds now ?
    40/1 Skybet.
    Got a 500 quid cheque through from Nationwide for renewing the mortgage.

Easiest £20k I will ever make.
  • Options
    even though we are so shite its not true I still firmly believe we will stay up. We have the points in the bag & Port Vale, Shrewsbury et all have to pick up 4 or 5 points just to pass us. We will probably pick up a couple of points in any case & cant see those below us ALL getting the 6 or so points they will need.
  • Options
    nothing changed were just a game less to play 5 points now required from 5 games, don't mind how they come preferably we can lose on saturday to stop our pals down the road getting playoffs, then beat coventry and chesterfield, who will both be relegated teams so we really should win.
  • Options

even though we are so shite its not true I still firmly believe we will stay up. We have the points in the bag & Port Vale, Shrewsbury et all have to pick up 4 or 5 points just to pass us. We will probably pick up a couple of points in any case & cant see those below us ALL getting the 6 or so points they will need.

I think that the only way we will go down is:

(1) We only pick up one or two points for the remainder of the season - given current form still possible.

(2) All those below us currently outside the relegation zone fail to pick up 3 or 4 points.

(3) Neither Shrewsbury or Swindon pick up 7 or 8 points from their last 5 games. Swindon, however, have MK Dons, Wimbledon and Walsall to play who all have nothing at stake plus a Scunthorpe side that has won two of their last 13 - we even managed to beat them! And of course they have us in their last game. With an in form forward in their ranks with a point to prove.

Now where's my Skybet account.