Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    Early goal next week and Liverpool might start to worry. But if they don't sit back like Barca did then i'm pretty sure they will score 1-2 in Rome.
  • Options
    Liverpool do seem to run out of steam as an attacking threat, what they can't do is shut up shop very well
  • Options

Liverpool do seem to run out of steam as an attacking threat, what they can't do is shut up shop very well

Certainly not with Lovren in the team, he looked very poor as soon as they were put under any pressure.
  • Options
    You've got to fancy Liverpool to get at least one away goal, with Roma having to attack them to cut the deficit - but even then it's not as clear cut as it should have been. Klopp should be furious with his defence for that late semi-collapse.
  • Options
    Liverpool - Real should be a tasty final should it happen.
  • Options

Liverpool - Real should be a tasty final should it happen.

Real lining up Salah already I'm sure. Especially if he has a decent World Cup.
  • Options

Roma 4-1 win 2nd leg please.

Wont happen, lightning cant strike twice can it surely? God please make it happen!, i cant stand liverpool supporters anyone would have think they have won the treble.
  • Options
    They were phenomenal last night. Love watching Klopp teams when he gets them ticking like that.
  • Options
    Barca thought they could sit back in Rome and got what they deserved, Liverpool can't play like that, and Roma aren't defensively sound enough not to concede.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope Roma stuff them but Liverpool are gonna win the whole fucking thing.

Hopefully their fans riot and they are kicked out before the final.
  • Options

Is the Liverpool hate a generational thing because they were good once? Just trying to get my head around it because they're one of the best English teams to watch at the moment and I hope they go all the way. Certainly prefer them over Chelsea or Man U...

Not sure I'm a great fan of Liverpool fans - but have always liked the club. Maybe it is a generational thing what with me being an old fogey.
  • Options
    On a side note to the game last night i've seen footage of Roma fans attacking Liverpool fans with belts and one guy was seen carrying a hammer and 2 italians have been arrested for attempted murder.

Pretty sure they'll be loads of trouble in and around the 2nd leg.
  • Options

Is the Liverpool hate a generational thing because they were good once? Just trying to get my head around it because they're one of the best English teams to watch at the moment and I hope they go all the way. Certainly prefer them over Chelsea or Man U...

Personally its the fans for me, i agree they are a great team to watch. But their fans have made me want them to lose every match.
  • Options
    Liverpool for me are one of the great English clubs and much prefer them over Man City or Chelsea who have bought the success to an extent.

Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool.

Proper big clubs.

A trip to Anfield is the ultimate away day in English club football with You’ll Never Walk Alone, the Shankly Gates etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Bit of that. Primary school in particular, back in the 1980's, surrounded by plastic scousers.

Primarily though, it's because I don't like their supporters. Whether it's murdering Italians at Heysel, mugging Wimbledon fans of their cup final tickets, shimmying up drainpipes to get into Wembley against Everton in in the eighties or, more recently, ticketless Scousers trying to bunk their way en masse into the Champions League Final in Athens in 2007 despite horrific previous examples of the tragic consequences of what can happen when sections of a football stadium become overpopulated (which you'd think the scousers in particular would be painfully aware of).

Add to the above the 5-year European ban they earned for English clubs following Heysel and the shame that they so frequently bring on our country when travelling abroad, far more than any other club.

Don't like 'em.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

As someone of a similar age to you:

Gerrard – complained about ‘foreigners’ bringing diving to England yet did it worse than anyone. Attacks DJs.
    Carragher – dirty player and general scum bag, typified by his recent spitting incident.

Getting lairy and chucking coins when we had our day out in the cup at Anfield in ’96.
    Attacking an ambulance after Alan Smith badly broke his leg.
    Robbing each other of tickets for big games (see Athens).
    Heysel – the significance of that event can’t be over-emphasised. It then took 20 years to offer an apology – Juve rightly turned their backs on it.
    Sing about the Munich disaster without any self awareness.
    Meanwhile they hold a minute’s silence for any old so and so passing.
    The whole holier than thou, our s*** don’t stick attitude when they used to (and at times do) behave worse than Millwall.
  • Options
    The whole 'Scouse not English' is well baggy

Liverpool Football Club - always the victim.

• Options
    Awful goalkeeping from Navas for that goal.

Gambled it would be a cross rather than trying to make sure his goal is blocked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Madrid leading 2-1 now. Marcelo and Asensio.
  • Options
    Madrid somehow always find a way to win, Bayern had so many chances
  • Options
    Arsenal are playing tonight. Oh wait... wrong thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    When Real Madrid face Liverpool, I will have a conflict as to who to root for.

I kinda want RM to win simply so Zidane gets to walk out after all the grief he got this year from fans, and tell em all to drop dead. Off to PSG!

But if RM wins then that cnut Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'or again and I don't want that. But for Salah to win the award, Liverpool might need to win the title, which I also don't want.

Guess I can root for Bayern and Roma comebacks and that solves the problem.
  • Options
    Possibly the worst keeper mistake I've seen in a long time.
  • Options

Possibly the worst keeper mistake I've seen in a long time.

It was quite bad wasn't it.
  • Options
    Rodriguez on loan from Real Madrid scores against them.
  • Options
    Put it this way, at least you’ll get to see one set of the RM or Liverpool fans cry
  • Options
    Out played by PSG, outplayed totally in second leg by Juventus and outplayed in both legs by Munich. Luck must run out soon.