Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    Come on Roma, if you can do Barca please do the same to Liverpool or if not hope they get bashed in the final. Normally would support English team but not them :)
  • Options
    Potentially, Liverpool have the easiest semi final opponents, but the Barcelona result shows that nothing can be taken for granted!
  • Options
    Thats a great draw for Liverpool.
    Salah v Fazio. Jesus, Fazio wont sleep for weeks.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

That red for Buffon was a dismal decision.

Well put away by Ronaldo...

Buffon did lose it though, you can’t react like that
    If he is gonna end his career on a red card, he might as well have punched him in the face. Would have been more satisfying for him.
  • Options
    I might have to root for RM now simply so I can watch Zidane, who their ungrateful fans have wanted to get rid of all year, win his 3rd straight CL, tell em all to feck-off, and then walk out the door himself. Probably for PSG.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

That red for Buffon was a dismal decision.

Well put away by Ronaldo...

Buffon did lose it though, you can’t react like that
    If he is gonna end his career on a red card, he might as well have punched him in the face. Would have been more satisfying for him.
    Or done a Zidane headbutt to the chest, go out in style :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I might have to root for RM now simply so I can watch Zidane, who their ungrateful fans have wanted to get rid of all year, win his 3rd straight CL, tell em all to feck-off, and then walk out the door himself. Probably for PSG Charlton.

• Options
    Roma v Madrid final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    when arsenal aren't in Europa league its a tinpot trophy and the matches are played on the comedy channel ( when it was on channel 5) now there in the semis and facing a real opposition there getting there excuses at the ready, hope costa gets a hat trick.

good draw for liverpool just think they can do it seem to turn up in europe
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    bobmunro said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Ha brilliant.
    At home first too, that couldn't have worked out any better...

(You watch them go win it now. Sigh. If they beat Atletico over 2 legs then they'll deserve it!)

They have to beat Athletico either way whether in final or semis, Athletico are favourites but still if Arsenal turn up both legs they have a chance. Hope they win it but i am biased as dad follows them so normally root for them especially against spurs ;)@JohnBoyUK (even though i was in home end lol)
    One game at a neutral ground is much more of a leveler than a two-leg semi-final (especially with the second leg away).

Same with Liverpool - if they draw Real Madrid in the semi-final it's goodnight Vienna - if they avoid them and then play them in the final it's a much closer call.
    I really don't think the Bin Dippers should fear Madrid over one leg or even two.
    Spurs could and should have beaten Madrid by 5 or 6 in the second game at Wembley and won at a canter in the end. If their front 3 of Salah, Firminho and Mane are firing, they can give them a proper hiding.
  • Options
    Liverpool have 3 matches between them and the cup but on Twitter it seems like they have won it and Mo Salah has won the Ballon d'Or.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Roma v Madrid final

I think the opposite, Bayern v Liverpool.

Bayern to win it.
  • Options
    Will be watching Liverpool v Roma this evening. Unlike some on here I'll be cheering for the scousers, not least because I really like Klopp's style and the attacking football he has them playing.

And one eye on scores from the key games that might affect our play off hopes.
  • Options
    Oxlade-Chamberlain off with a bad looking knee injury, worrying with the World Cup coming up
  • Options

Oxlade-Chamberlain off with a bad looking knee injury, worrying with the World Cup coming up

Very, was looking forward to him in that CM role. Big loss for Liverpool too
  • Options
    Haven't seen a one sided game at this stage of the competition for ages
  • Options
    Okay Salah has convinced me he’s world class
  • Options
    *such
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got to be the best player in the world at the moment, what a great goal.
  • Options
    Brilliant finish, just as well after those misses from Mane!
  • Options
    It's so easy for Liverpool going forward, if the chances go to Salah, they score!
  • Options
    how does Milner not get near England's midfield?
  • Options
    Roma look just as bad here as they did in the first leg in the Nou camp in the last round. If this was 4-0 already then they couldn't complain.
  • Options
    Two brilliant finishes by Salah but a fantastic 15 period at the end of the first half
  • Options
    Salah is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

He's retired from international football. This season Klopp has really brought out the best in him
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

He's retired from international football. This season Klopp has really brought out the best in him
    Makes sense, from what he's done this season he'd walk into the team
  • Options

Salah is ridiculous.

36m was an absolute steal. Amazing signing. Would probably cost 200m+ now.